Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 38 FirstFirst 1 2 3 12 ... LastLast

Thread: FUNKY Chicken Block Swap - Mail Date April 1, 2010

Blog Entries
    For those of you wondering what on earth a quilt with different size blocks might look like.....here is a link to marcia's chicken quilt. (I sure hope she doesn't mind me showing it off again).
    http://www.quiltingboard.com/t-7907-1.htm

Okay... I am going to be using some animal prints. I've gotten that far in my thought process. Is there any objection to a large block, like 9x15?

Blog Entries
    Nope...no objection....did you see the huge block in Marcia's quilt (shown in the link above)...it looks fabulous! And animal prints???....wow...funky!!!!!

I love Chickens.. but shhhhhhh don't tell anyone.:lol: .. and I think I'd like to join the Chicken swap, but first I need to ask a few questions.:?:

:?: What about using homespun fabric? I know some like it, and others, well not so much.. Would that be ok to use? Either for the base fabric or the chicken itself?
    :?: Do we need to tell you what chicken we're doing?
    :?: Can it be an ME chicken?
    :?: Aren't these questions annoying?
    :?: Are the chickens to be exactly alike in each block or can they be different as long as the block size is the same?
    :?: Can a rooster also be done with the chickens instead of just a chicken? or is this "hens" only swap?
    :?: I'm done with the questions I had, aren't you glad? (ooops, sorry that was a question!) :oops: :lol:

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by tuesy
    I love Chickens.. but shhhhhhh don't tell anyone.:lol: .. and I think I'd like to join the Chicken swap, but first I need to ask a few questions.:?:

:?: What about using homespun fabric? I know some like it, and others, well not so much.. Would that be ok to use? Either for the base fabric or the chicken itself? I'll let you be the judge on the homespun since I don't know alot about it...I would think that if it is objectionable to some...maybe you should use it as part of the chicken and not part of the base??
    :?: Do we need to tell you what chicken we're doing? No...just the size of your blocks
    :?: Can it be an ME chicken? What is a ME chicken?
    :?: Aren't these questions annoying? Getting more sooo
    :?: Are the chickens to be exactly alike in each block or can they be different as long as the block size is the same? well, they should be very close...then you can do another set for a different design
    :?: Can a rooster also be done with the chickens instead of just a chicken? or is this "hens" only swap? Roosters are always welcome at my hen parties-(its a chicken swap...not a hen swap)
    :?: I'm done with the questions I had, aren't you glad? (ooops, sorry that was a question!) :oops: :lol:Yippee!...actually, ask away if ya' have anymore....so are you signing up????

Oh boy! Okay... I'm doing 9x15 and animal print will be involved. Also, I can deal with homespun. Doesn't bother me any. :-)

Thank you for answering all these questions. . Just wanted to make sure I understood everything before I leaped.. no wait, that's a frog..

I'm still thinking about it, but will have to get the chicken I want to do first..have to order the pattern :roll: I can show you the pic if that'd help, but it won't tell you the size I don't think.. at least I can't find it anywhere.

Oooh and ME chicken is Machine Embroidery.. just to lazy to type it all out.. :lol:

I love this group..you answered all my questions and I can hardly wait to get in on this fun. Love the quilt shown above.

I want to join this swap in the worst way. Once I get my sheep done for the farm swap, I'm in!!!

Oh, forget it. Count me in. I just spent the last half an hour looking for chicken patterns.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by tuesy
    Thank you for answering all these questions. . Just wanted to make sure I understood everything before I leaped.. no wait, that's a frog..

I'm still thinking about it, but will have to get the chicken I want to do first..have to order the pattern :roll: I can show you the pic if that'd help, but it won't tell you the size I don't think.. at least I can't find it anywhere.

Oooh and ME chicken is Machine Embroidery.. just to lazy to type it all out.. :lol:
    Tuesy...you can think about it all you want....you know you want to play!!! Come on in, the water's fine...and ME chicken is just fine too. The key is to have fun!!!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by blueribbontoes
    Oh, forget it. Count me in. I just spent the last half an hour looking for chicken patterns.
    I was soooo hoping you would come in to play! I'm so glad you did!

Sounds like fun!

Egads! 10 participants already? That means my goal is 60 blocks... Lol, I'll be happy to make 12!! Ha ha!

Arrr. Brain Fart. Ignore my horrible math. (I only need to make 2 sets to get one of everyones. See? I'm smart-ish. Lol.)

Quote Originally Posted by blueribbontoes
    Hey, glad you've joined the chicken coop. :lol:

I am thinking this is a fun block to do... he he... My chicken starts to smell "funky" if I leave it out too long. Does that count?
    Attached Images Attached Images

So is there any requirement for the background fabric color?

Blog Entries
    Now that's funny.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by MistyMarie
    So is there any requirement for the background fabric color?
    Nope...not this time..

BRT...I was wondering how you would get ALL the blocks! ;)

Misty...now that block is one my DH would just love!

Blog Entries
    Ladies, please be sure to let me know in you are actually wanting to join the swap...I mean let me know clearly...I'm kinda dense sometimes and I'm just not sure if "sounds like fun" means that you'd like to play....OR...that is just sounds like fun...Thank you!

Misty, that would be a fun one to get. :lol:

I'm really stuck on what block to do. Still need some time to think. I guess I've found too many great ones, but I can't do them all . . . well, maybe if they weren't due until August! LOL! I've reserved all of Feb. and March to work on these though. Thanks again Patti for setting this up!

I am started. Count me in for 2 sets. That is 6 blocks per set, right?

I was really kidding, but I certainly could applique that block and make it a set. I guess that would be funny in a quilt.

Blog Entries
    Sew cornie....sorry...can't extend until August!! :lol: :lol: But, you'll have plenty of time to make up your mind..

Barbara....I listed you for 2 sets on the Group Activity list...when you know the sizes, can you let us know?

MistyMarie....I think that block would be hilarious! Give it a go!

Page 2 of 38 FirstFirst 1 2 3 12 ... LastLast