Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 1 2 3 12 ... LastLast

Thread: Funky Halloween Swap Signups thru 8-06-13 - Due 9-06-13

Count me in. Probably for 6 sets. Sending pm
    Snownannie

Here's my first set! It's 12-1/2" square. Unfortunately that's all the Halloween fabric I had in my stash, so (darn! ) I had to order some. UPS says the package will be here today. I'm working on my little 3-1/2" sets in the meantime. The plan is for all of them to be applique', and if they turn out like I'm hoping, there will be a spider on a spiderweb, a jack-o-lantern, a ghost, and a piece of candy corn. Then, once my new fabric gets here, I'll work on the other larger sets. No idea yet what patterns I'll be using on those. I'm thinking one will be an applique'd haunted house, but I'll have to find time to go to Joann's and get some more Steam-A-Seam-2. Somehow all I had left was one sheet and a few little tidbits.

Anyway, here's my first block. The yellow is a little more buttery-yellow in person.

Name:  halloween-d9p.JPG
Views: 270
Size:  411.8 KB
    Have a wonderful day! If you need to contact me, please use the e-mail address on my profile page. Sometimes I don't get notifications that I have a PM here. Please note that I'm usually unavailable on weekends, but I'll get back to you on Monday.

very cute.
    Never look down on anyone, unless you are helping them up.

Thanks! It's just a D9P, but I just love the black kitty fabric. Wish I'd bought more of it.

Here's one of my 3-1/2" ghosts for the itty bitty block swap.

Name:  halloween-ghost.JPG
Views: 256
Size:  157.8 KB
    Have a wonderful day! If you need to contact me, please use the e-mail address on my profile page. Sometimes I don't get notifications that I have a PM here. Please note that I'm usually unavailable on weekends, but I'll get back to you on Monday.

And here's a 3-1/2" candy corn.

Name:  halloween-candycorn.JPG
Views: 256
Size:  182.7 KB

I will sign up for 3 sets of blocks. As far as postage, do I need to mail a money order for each set of blocks or just one money order per person sending you the blocks.
    Happy Sewing, Lisa E.
    Don't Cry Because It Is Over, Smile Because it Happened, Dr. Seuss

I found a couple cute patterns and ordered one off ebay today. We will see how much I can get done. I have to finish my other commitments first.... :!(
    RedGarnet222

"Take your needle, my child, and work at your pattern ... It will come out a rose by and by. Life is like that ...one stitch at a time, taken patiently."
    *Oliver Wendell Holms

Hey Lstew and Red!

Got my itty bitty 3-1/2"-ers done just a few minutes ago. Now to figure out what I'm going to do for the regular sets. UPS brought my fabric today. Yippee!

Name:  halloween-all3andahalf.JPG
Views: 246
Size:  441.4 KB

Blog Entries
    Here are some photos that I want to make appliqués for a block. What do you think? I know I won't have time this weekend to start or the next but if I can i will let you know if I join or not.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Sandra
    Treat people the way you want to be treated!!

I love all of them, but my favorite is the little green guy!

Hi Moonrise! Those are darling blocks there! You did such a cute job on them.

Now owlvamp... you have got to join now that we see your cute designs. I want one of each of them! LOL!
    RedGarnet222

"Take your needle, my child, and work at your pattern ... It will come out a rose by and by. Life is like that ...one stitch at a time, taken patiently."
    *Oliver Wendell Holms

I love the little blocks, helps me to know what to do. My favorite is the one with just the eyes.
    Happy Sewing, Lisa E.

Hi Lstew2212,
    Postage is just one money order per person for all sets you sign up for. You'll enclose all 3 sets you signed up for in one envelope include a USPS money order, stamps, or cash for $6.00 to cover return postage to you. Do remember to enclose a shipping label!

Quote Originally Posted by Lstew2212 View Post
    I will sign up for 3 sets of blocks. As far as postage, do I need to mail a money order for each set of blocks or just one money order per person sending you the blocks.

Moonrise,
    I love all of your blocks! You've been busy! The itty baby blocks are sew adorable, and my favorite mini block is the spider. Your fabric with the black kitties for the 12 1/2 block is really cute.

I agree, Owlvamp you need to join us! I love the eyes & the little green guy too.

Quote Originally Posted by Muse&Sew View Post
    Hi Lstew2212,
    Postage is just one money order per person for all sets you sign up for. You'll enclose all 3 sets you signed up for in one envelope include a USPS money order, stamps, or cash for $6.00 to cover return postage to you. Do remember to enclose a shipping label!
    Thank you, I am soooo ready to sew. The hard part for me is finding the right pattern to start with. I am excited. This will me my first block swap. I love the piecing part.
    Happy Sewing, Lisa E.

Here's my 1st set of big blocks, a fun log cabin. To the side is the twist bat block. Let me know if you think I should choose a lighter background.Name:  IMG_0733.JPG
Views: 158
Size:  916.2 KB

Quote Originally Posted by Muse&Sew View Post
    Here's my 1st set of big blocks, a fun log cabin. To the side is the twist bat block. Let me know if you think I should choose a lighter background.Name:  IMG_0733.JPG
Views: 158
Size:  916.2 KB

I think both blocks are great. Nice job. Kinda gives me ideas. Thanks
    Happy Sewing, Lisa E.

How cute! I love both of them. I got 2 sets finished tonight, but don't have a photo yet. Both are applique'.

I tried to order more Steam A Seam 2, but can't find it ANYwhere. I went to the manufacturer's website, and apparently there was a manufacturing issue they're working to correct. It just says to check back soon, with no date given.

What does everyone else use for applique? I tried HeatnBond Lite, but it just doesn't seem to stick as well for me as Steam A Seam 2, and it's harder to use (at least for me).

I figured out the freezer paper method (finally), and used it for the sets I made this morning, but inside corners are nearly impossible to do without leaving a raw edge.

Blog Entries
    Very cute blocks. Love them all!
    Sandra
    Treat people the way you want to be treated!!

Here are some photos of the sets that are finished so far.

Name:  halloweenset1.JPG
Views: 121
Size:  340.5 KB
    Above: I found this fabric on Fabric.com. It's called Nevermore (after the Edgar Allen Poe story, I suppose), and it's got all kinds of spooky things on it. It was a little larger scale than I was expecting, and I didn't want to chop it up too much, so I just added borders to it. They're 12-1/2" blocks.

Name:  halloweenset2.JPG
Views: 124
Size:  348.3 KB
    Above: I used the freezer paper method to applique the circles onto the background. They're 6-1/2" squares. I fell in love with the swirly kitty fabric! Wish I'd bought more of it.

Name:  halloweenset3.JPG
Views: 125
Size:  338.0 KB
    Above: Lastly, here are some dresden fans made from a striped Halloween fabric. The coordinating fabric is a purple blender, but it kind of looks blue on my screen. The background is a black blender fabric with gold glitter.

Two sets to go! I'm still trying to decide what to do on those. One will likely be a traditionally-pieced block made from two different owl fabrics, but I don't know what pattern yet.

Very creative, fun, blocks moonrise! Love them all!

Thanks! How many swappers are signed up so far?

Moon I am loving all your blocks.
    Never look down on anyone, unless you are helping them up.

Just out of curiosity, what sizes are your blocks. I have my patterns picked out, but I would like to know the general size of everybody else is thinking of.
    Happy Sewing, Lisa E.

Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 1 2 3 12 ... LastLast