Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Funky Halloween Swap Signups thru 8-06-13 - Due 9-06-13

So far I've made two 6-1/2" sets and two 12-1/2" sets (plus the itty bitty 3-1/2"-ers for the side swap). Not sure yet what sizes my remaining two sets will be.
    Have a wonderful day! If you need to contact me, please use the e-mail address on my profile page. Sometimes I don't get notifications that I have a PM here. Please note that I'm usually unavailable on weekends, but I'll get back to you on Monday.

We have 14 swappers signed up so far. I'll try & get a list out tomorrow.

Oh muse and sew those are wonderful! I really think your work rocks moonrise. I wish I could help you out with the steam a seam, but I only have one package and half of that is gone. I just got the other one for the applique blocks too.

My first set is started and is going pretty slow. "~( A spider block that should finish up to be 91/2".
    RedGarnet222

"Take your needle, my child, and work at your pattern ... It will come out a rose by and by. Life is like that ...one stitch at a time, taken patiently."
    *Oliver Wendell Holms

Thanks for the answers, I usually make a 12 1/2 block because they work up quickly. I have a great paper piecing pattern that makes up a 12 1/2 inch block that I think will look great in the candy corn colors. I am going to work on that one tonight. I will post pics when I get done.
    Happy Sewing, Lisa E.
    Don't Cry Because It Is Over, Smile Because it Happened, Dr. Seuss

Blog Entries
    Beautiful blocks!
    Sandra
    Treat people the way you want to be treated!!

Set #5. One more to go! The background is actually purple. For some reason, my camera turns purple into blue.

Name:  halloweenset5.JPG
Views: 134
Size:  343.9 KB

Can't wait to see more pics!
    Have a wonderful day! If you need to contact me, please use the e-mail address on my profile page. Sometimes I don't get notifications that I have a PM here. Please note that I'm usually unavailable on weekends, but I'll get back to you on Monday.

Name:  photo (2).JPG
Views: 144
Size:  227.5 KB

This is one attempt at my paper piecing block, notice the corners look like candy corn.When I saw this pattern, I know it was perfect. Just one question, any hints on getting the points in the middle to match up. Three points match perfectly and one is off a little.
    Happy Sewing, Lisa E.
    Don't Cry Because It Is Over, Smile Because it Happened, Dr. Seuss

Lstew2212 your candy corn is really cute! I'm not positive how to help with the point. Maybe someone has a suggestion.
    Moonrise, love the kitties. Fun block.

Here is the list so far:

Muse&Sew ------------6 sets 4 twists
    Redgarnet222 ------- ? on set
    Moonrise --------------6 sets 4 twists
    letsquilt ---------------? on sets
    Wanda Lou -----------? on sets
    PegQuilter8 ----------? on sets
    JenGaile ---------------2 sets
    Tracibug ---------------6 sets
    Happylab --------------2 sets
    reginalovesfabric ------5-6 sets
    Snowannie ------------ 6 sets
    Lstew2212 ------------ 3 sets
    NanaKathy55 ----------? on sets

Please let me know if there needs to be changes made. Also, the # of sets I'll need info when it gets closer to the closing date.

Short n Sweet & Owlvamp hope you'll be able to join us.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Lstew2212 View Post
    Name:  photo (2).JPG
Views: 144
Size:  227.5 KB

question, any hints on getting the points in the middle to match up. Three points match perfectly and one is off a little.
    This turned out so cute! When I have made this block I have pressed my seams open and used pins through the seams to match up. If you did this and still had trouble I don't know what else to suggest. Just thought of a solution, sew a button over the intersection!

Ok, these are PRECIOUS!!! Let me get through the weekend and see what I can come up with and I'll try and join!!!

Yosamitesa we'd love to have you!

Blog Entries
    Cute blocks!
    Sandra

Hi everyone! I had one set finished and another one started. Here are the pics. They aren't very good, but you get the idea. The legs of the spider are hand embroidered and the yoyo's had to be hand affixed too. Kind of labor intensive, but you gals are worth it! LOL!!

The ghostie is 6 1/2" square and the spider is a 9 1/2" square.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Last edited by RedGarnet222; 06-20-2013 at 04:11 PM.
    RedGarnet222

"Take your needle, my child, and work at your pattern ... It will come out a rose by and by. Life is like that ...one stitch at a time, taken patiently."
    *Oliver Wendell Holms

RedGarnet222 your blocks are adorable! Your spider would take some time, but we're very appreciative!

Oh how cute! I especially like the background you used for the ghost/moon blocks.

Here's my last set ... wonky stars. They're 12-1/2" square. Hope it's okay that the fabrics are different. I didn't order enough of any of them to get 6 full blocks that matched identically.

Name:  halloweenset6.JPG
Views: 131
Size:  400.3 KB

I can mail them tomorrow, or after the week of July 4 (after vacation), whichever you want. I just need the address.

Blog Entries
    Ladies beautiful blocks.
    Sandra

Thanks muse and sew, moonrise and owlvamp. That fabric is called ghost artists by quilting treasures moonrise. Kinda fun isn't it?

I also like the fabrics you used on your blocks. The little owls are adorable.
    Last edited by RedGarnet222; 06-21-2013 at 06:47 AM.
    RedGarnet222

*Oliver Wendell Holms

I went over to fatquarter shop on line to find some more of this one white background with black scroll design. It is spooktacular by moda. I couldn't find it, probably because it is an older line. But I ended up buying the cutest radish and snail pincushion patterns by fig tree on sale and some Halloween fabric that has black Halloween words all over it. I am hoping to work it into a design I have in mind for the swap.

They are having a great sale over there. I love their personalized service. They bend over backwards to make sure you are happy. and sell the nicest fabrics. (I am in no way connected to them) Except I buy there whenever I can.
    Last edited by RedGarnet222; 06-21-2013 at 07:03 AM.
    RedGarnet222

*Oliver Wendell Holms

Looked at the fatquarter shop. Lots of beautiful fabrics! Lots of temptations for me.

Here's what I'm doing for my 2nd set ..................crows!
    Attached Images Attached Images

Hi I would like to join the swap and do two sets, please let me know if I need to pm you with any information! This looks like a great swap. Peggy
    Peggy

The crow is so cute!

Welcome, simply addicted!

Oh wow muse and sew. I LOVE all of your big blocks so far. I just gotta have the crow. Hint hint.... lol.

I was over at Pat Sloan's blog this morning and found a cute treat container I will do. It is a pumpkin with the eye's and mouth on it. So cute.

I am working on a set of 6 1/2" sunbonnet sue witches right now and working in the spider's every now and then to get them finished up. (Three finished now) That way I am not making the tips of my fingers sore. This happens to old people, ya know. I am not sure, I might make her a 9 1/2" block with borders. We will see.

I finished a set of 6 1/2 " crazy blocks with some cute fabric that was gifted to me when I hosted the first Halloween swap. I will post when I get the witchies finished.
    Last edited by RedGarnet222; 06-22-2013 at 10:35 AM.
    RedGarnet222

*Oliver Wendell Holms

RedGarnet222 oooooohhhhhhhhhhh sew excited to see your sunbonnet sue witches! Glad you like my crow!
    You'll have to post pictures of your sunbonnet witches & crazy blocks when you get them done.

Take your time with the hand stitching. I know how sore fingers can be too.

Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 ... LastLast