Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
Funky Neighborhood Swap - Closed - Mail Date July 1st >

Funky Neighborhood Swap - Closed - Mail Date July 1st

Funky Neighborhood Swap - Closed - Mail Date July 1st

Old 04-13-2010, 02:38 AM

Originally Posted by Gal
Hi all, love the houses that I have seen, another question about the swap! Are you creating to a theme or just having fun along the way, I have never done anything like this so I am learning as I go!
Thanks
Gal
Hi Gal, I have a problem with doing scrappy without a theme because I'm just WAY too unsure of myself. I do better if I can figure out a theme. I saw your block and loved it! Do what you're comfortable with and find in your stash. This is my first one too and that's what I'm doing. So far I haven't seen anyone's houses that I didn't like and think "Ooooo, I hope I get that one!" By the time we're all done we may have to make a couple of quilts each. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Just enjoy, don't stress, have a ball!!!
Well, I'm off to my Strips and Scraps club meeting to do something else today---maybe finish my Window in Atlantis, an Attic Windows with fish. Maybe some Hickory Nut stuff, but then again, I just might sneak in some houses...... never can tell what I might end up doing. I always take several things to do because my mood might change by the time I get there.
Old 04-13-2010, 04:25 AM
Power Poster

Just have fun Gal....but don't be surprized if we come up with a song to fit your house!!

I'll be through swapping chickens soon and be able to work on something else fun....one thing I'm learning with the different size blocks....for everyone to get a variety...we need to have quite a few smaller blocks and we need to have some that are long and skinny too....they really add to the fun of the quilt, so I think I'll try to do some like that.
Old 04-13-2010, 04:31 AM

Originally Posted by sandpat
Just have fun Gal....but don't be surprized if we come up with a song to fit your house!!

I'll be through swapping chickens soon and be able to work on something else fun....one thing I'm learning with the different size blocks....for everyone to get a variety...we need to have quite a few smaller blocks and we need to have some that are long and skinny too....they really add to the fun of the quilt, so I think I'll try to do some like that.
I agree, you really need a good variety of sizes to make this type of quilt work. I am going to have fun making up some new chicken blocks to fill in spaces on that quilt, but when I sent in my blocks I tried to do a few smaller ones and skinny ones as those are great filler for all the fun big ones!

Rachel
Old 04-13-2010, 04:59 AM

Originally Posted by sandpat

I think we need some house trailers with dogs in the yard, cars up on blocks and of course a big satelite dish! :lol: Maybe a homemade BBQ grill, and some upholstered lawn funiture.
Nevermind, it would just bring down the property values.
Old 04-13-2010, 07:13 AM

I was thinking maybe trying to make one with an RV or camper.. or maybe a tent in the backyard for the kids to go camping.
Then again they all like tree houses too...
Man, I need to finish this other quilt so I can see what I can attempt to make... no guarantees though... I'm still a newbie and learning
Old 04-13-2010, 08:52 AM

I think we need some house trailers with dogs in the yard, cars up on blocks and of course a big satelite dish! :lol: Maybe a homemade BBQ grill, and some upholstered lawn funiture.
Nevermind, it would just bring down the property values.[/quote]

------------------------------------------------

I didn't know you were in my neck of the woods for a visit. You forgot about the plywood and corrigated metal huts put on big styrofoam cubes that the river-rats live in during the "season". It's a good life - just float on down the river and pull up anywhere. Always a generator to keep the beer cooler going. Just keep your line in the water for tonite's dinner!
Old 04-13-2010, 01:29 PM

Originally Posted by brookemarie19
I was thinking maybe trying to make one with an RV or camper.. or maybe a tent in the backyard for the kids to go camping.
Then again they all like tree houses too...
Man, I need to finish this other quilt so I can see what I can attempt to make... no guarantees though... I'm still a newbie and learning
TRY everything you can think of. If you don't think it will work for the swap or if you make one that's complicated and you don't want to make 6 of them (like my selvage house), just do the one and keep it to add to your own quilt. I think the RV and Tree House things sound great!!!
I found some fabric today(I bought enough other that I got two free fat quarters) that has old keys on it. House Key!!! I think there'll be enough in one fat quarter to make 6 houses.
Old 04-13-2010, 02:10 PM

I was thinking of a tree house also!!
Old 04-13-2010, 02:54 PM

Originally Posted by Nancy in Louisiana
Nevermind, it would just bring down the property values.
------------------------------------------------

I didn't know you were in my neck of the woods for a visit. You forgot about the plywood and corrigated metal huts put on big styrofoam cubes that the river-rats live in during the "season". It's a good life - just float on down the river and pull up anywhere. Always a generator to keep the beer cooler going. Just keep your line in the water for tonite's dinner![/quote]

You should make some "River Rat houses"---I think that would be a RIOT!!!! And those of us that are fortunate enough to get one would always remember you and the great state of Louisiana! Be sure and have a fishin' line or pole hanging off of them.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Maybe you could find some fabric with mice or rats on it to make the houses out of, some water fabric for the river, etc.
Old 04-13-2010, 03:57 PM
Power Poster

No fair......!!!! I don't know a River Rat song.....wait...hold on...its comin' to me.......

Yeah...I got it...

Rollin'.....Rollin' ......Rollin' on the River...
Dute..dute..dute..dute...

:lol: :lol: