Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
  • Funky Neighborhood Swap - Closed - Mail Date July 1st >
  • Funky Neighborhood Swap - Closed - Mail Date July 1st

• Funky Neighborhood Swap - Closed - Mail Date July 1st

Old 04-15-2010, 03:47 PM

I step out to buy another machine and you guys just keep going!!! Make the straw, twig and brick houses. Mine are OUThouses so your's will be different. Even if they were exactly the same it wouldn't matter because it would just mean that more people would get them. I've been waiting to see your 3 little pig houses. I also like the idea of a Ba-Tiki hut. Ladies, I haven't had this much fun in a long, long time and I thank you. Now on to the nipp... I mean Ripple Dance.
    Old 04-15-2010, 03:57 PM
    Power Poster

Oh girl...I was just blabbering...I don't have a plan for the 3 pigs houses....so go for it!!! I have NO idea what mine will end up being....if I don't stop all this laughing and getting tears in my eyes, they should REALLY be interesting since I'll be sewing blind.

Rapture..you said you were going to look at a New Home...whatever number .... :lol: :lol: and I thought immediately...oh gosh...NOW SHE IS NUMBERING HER HOUSES!!! :roll: :roll: ....I thought a ripple must have hit you in the head! :lol: :lol:
    Old 04-15-2010, 05:03 PM

Originally Posted by deranged_damsel
    Originally Posted by sandpat
    OH gosh...those fabrics are great!!! They made me think of (lordy...no...I don't know why) Little Red Riding Hood ....the brick made me think of the 3 Little Pigs house.....I thought..now man, thats a great idea! Houses made of twigs...straw...and bricks!!

I know..I know...I don't know what is wrong with me!!!

I'm shopping today!!! Hope I find something as cool!
    oh no! the first day of the swap I decided to do straw, stick, and brick. after I saw the outhouse I kinda changed my mind, but I bought fabric anyways.

I havent had a bit of time to work on it yet... the fabric is just sitting there waiting for me to get to it. :D
    Ooooh I hope you do them, that sounds so cool!!!! :)

Rachel
    Old 04-15-2010, 05:06 PM

Originally Posted by sandpat
    Oh girl...I was just blabbering...I don't have a plan for the 3 pigs houses....so go for it!!! I have NO idea what mine will end up being....if I don't stop all this laughing and getting tears in my eyes, they should REALLY be interesting since I'll be sewing blind.

Rapture..you said you were going to look at a New Home...whatever number .... :lol: :lol: and I thought immediately...oh gosh...NOW SHE IS NUMBERING HER HOUSES!!! :roll: :roll: ....I thought a ripple must have hit you in the head! :lol: :lol:
    OMG with I thought the same thing with the "New Home ..." I was like wow, she's numbering them now???? Are they going to be worth more now because they are a numbered set? The I realized you were talking about the sewing machine .... hehe .... how did it go with the machine anyway?

Rachel
    Old 04-15-2010, 06:25 PM

You ladies are such a blast!! I haven't laughed this much in along time!! Thank You!! laughter is such good medicine for the soul!!
    Old 04-15-2010, 07:07 PM

I got the machine, snuck it in while DH was in the basement. Normally I wouldn't have to but I just bought a machine two weeks ago. It's a New Home 4018. I don't know a thing about it but for only 25 dollars I just couldn't pass it up. What I couldn't believe was the woman's home---I thought I'd stepped into Architectural Digest! Gorgeous! The young woman said that her mother used it while she was here but now she'd gone back to India so the machine was no longer needed. I'm going to set it up tomorrow. I'm all done with my base coating for my painting seminar that coming up in a week so now I can get back to sewing. YEA!!!

Fri Morn: I've still got a bit of tension adjusting to do but Bessie is sewing like a charm. She was SOOOO thirsty!!! I didn't think she was ever going to quit drinking. You know they're dry when the wick in the center under the bobbin keeps sending up air bubbles. Anyway, she's cleaned, oiled and with rewinding the bobbin and adjusting the tension she'll be all set. We're both happy.
    and NO I'm not going to number the my houses!
    Old 04-15-2010, 09:02 PM

Oh boy is this thread fun or what? Almost as fun as making the funky houses. I'm curious what everybody's quilts will look like in the end.
    Old 04-16-2010, 05:07 AM
    Power Poster

Oh me too Meg....Me Too!!
    Old 04-16-2010, 09:43 AM

You folks are having way too much fun here. I have to get in on this too.
    Old 04-16-2010, 12:38 PM

Well you just join in!! Glad to have ya aboard Dagny!

Geezzzzz I think buying fabric is a chronic illness!! I bought 2 more batiks and some 4th of July fabric and more!!!
    Couldn't stop myself! Gonna make some really funky houses!