Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
Funky Neighborhood Swap - Closed - Mail Date July 1st >

Funky Neighborhood Swap - Closed - Mail Date July 1st

Funky Neighborhood Swap - Closed - Mail Date July 1st

Old 06-15-2010, 05:01 PM

Hi,

Did my 3 sets arrive okay? They were sent via Priority Mail (boxed), Delivery Confirmation # 9101 7850 9140 1548 7486 04 The post office's website says they were delivered on 6/12, but I just wanted to make sure.

Thanks! :)

P.S. There was a little extra "something" in the package. :wink:
Old 06-15-2010, 05:04 PM

Originally Posted by moonrise
Hi,

Did my 3 sets arrive okay? They were sent via Priority Mail (boxed), Delivery Confirmation # 9101 7850 9140 1548 7486 04 The post office's website says they were delivered on 6/12, but I just wanted to make sure.

Thanks! :)

P.S. There was a little extra "something" in the package. :wink:
Yes they did!!! Sorry I completely forgot to post about them. And thank you so much for the little sleeping gal, she looks just like me!!! :) :) I love it. Very thoughtful of you. She will hang on my Christmas tree this year. :) I will update the list for you soon. :)

Cheers!
Rachel
Old 06-15-2010, 09:13 PM

Okay, I have 5 houses, so I'll make the deadline for at least one set. Phew! Made a great really wonky one, though my choice of roof fabric could have more contrast. I'm hoping for two sets, but no promises til they're mailed.
Old 06-15-2010, 09:16 PM

whew! I fell of the mailing list I guess! what wonderful houses! I ironed and bagged all of my sets today! now after looking at everyones pics I want to do more! :D

Rachel, a set is six? do I need to make a 7th if I want one to keep for myself? all six will be swapped out, correct???
Old 06-16-2010, 12:59 AM

Originally Posted by deranged_damsel
whew! I fell of the mailing list I guess! what wonderful houses! I ironed and bagged all of my sets today! now after looking at everyones pics I want to do more! :D

Rachel, a set is six? do I need to make a 7th if I want one to keep for myself? all six will be swapped out, correct???
That is correct! Can't wait to see your creations!!

Cheers!
Rachel
Old 06-16-2010, 06:11 PM

Originally Posted by athenagwis
I got two beautiful sets from a Pamela in NY today. Can someone give me a screen name? :) :)

Thanks!!
Rachel
LadybugPam ... sorry I was sure I marked them somehow. :D
Old 06-17-2010, 04:34 AM

All six of my blocks are pieced, just finishing up the details before I send them. With everything I've already seen posted, I'm so excited and can't wait to see what I get. Good luck to all in last minute piecing and detail work!
Old 06-17-2010, 04:35 AM

All six of my blocks are pieced, just finishing up the details before I send them. With everything I've already seen posted, I'm so excited and can't wait to see what I get. Good luck to all in last minute piecing and detail work!
Old 06-17-2010, 04:36 AM

Mine are on the way.......
Old 06-17-2010, 05:17 AM

Hi everyone!

I have a few houses that have trickled in, and I know some of you said some are on their way! I cannot wait to see all the funky houses!! In fact I better get cracking on my own houses as I only have 2 built so far!!!! :shock: :-D

Please remember you do not have to mail to me until July 1st (unless you are international, you may want to mail earlier since that can take longer), but of course if you are done early you can mail early!! If you do not have my mailing address, please just PM me and I will get that to you.

Also, try to remember to put extra postage in the package, I can easily reuse your envelope if you would like, but if you have no extra postage I will just ask that you pay by PayPal, which may delay your houses :( And also remember to label your blocks with an address label stuck to the back or just something printed on paper and pinned to the block. (Do not write on the actual block) Many members like to acknowledge who made the blocks that went into their final quilts, so having your name on your block helps them do this! Who knows someday these swap quilts could be just as famous as Jane Sickle’s, and don’t you want your name on there too? LOL

I hope everyone is still having fun!! I will send a short and sweet reminder next week to make sure everyone is still with us … if, for any reason, you need to drop, please just let me know by PM so we aren’t waiting on you at the end. But you still have plenty of time to sew before you have to mail!!

Thanks everyone! I cannot wait to see my neighborhood!

Cheers!
Rachel