Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 1 2 3 12 ... LastLast

Thread: Good Ol' Summertime Swap ... Open to signups until March 30th.

Hi Marcialee and judith! I have your both all signed up on the list for the swap. Have fun with your blocks and show and tell when you are done with them if you can, OK?

marcialee ... The summertime blocks can be anything having to do with summertime. It could be the beach, picnic things, animals, sun bonnet sues, patriotic flags, clothing, food, flowers and gardening ... Whatever your creativity can think of to do.

I am thinking of watermellon and apple pie (foods) this time.
    RedGarnet222

"Take your needle, my child, and work at your pattern ... It will come out a rose by and by. Life is like that ...one stitch at a time, taken patiently."
    *Oliver Wendell Holms

I just finished some embroidered dragonflies for this swap and I have some pieced summertime pinwheels. I am gonna set them the center of a block and show and tell when I am finished soon. I think they are neat! Almost ready to show... woo hoo! I guess you never know what you are going to make until the inspiration hits... LOL!
    RedGarnet222

"Take your needle, my child, and work at your pattern ... It will come out a rose by and by. Life is like that ...one stitch at a time, taken patiently."
    *Oliver Wendell Holms

Hi everybody! I have spent this week embroidering and sewing these blocks up for the summertime swap. I hope you like them.

Dragonfly, Pink ice cream cone, a stack and whack summertime print pinwheel block and a strawberrys block.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Last edited by RedGarnet222; 01-28-2012 at 03:47 PM.
    RedGarnet222

*Oliver Wendell Holms

Blog Entries
    ooo Red, yummy strawberries. Sew adorable! Hmmm, yummy, the strawberry festival starts here next month.
    My little shinning stars. Brantley, Kaylynn, and Emmalee

This sounds like sew much fun.....Let me see if I can come up with a block I like before I commit
    Dance like no one is watching. Sing like no one is listening. Love like you've never been hurt.

OK I am excited you are thinking of joining sewjoyce.

I have to ask... Did you see I tied for first in the purse contest for this month? Can you tell, I am happy about it.
    RedGarnet222

*Oliver Wendell Holms

Quote Originally Posted by RedGarnet222 View Post
    OK I am excited you are thinking of joining sewjoyce.

I have to ask... Did you see I tied for first in the purse contest for this month? Can you tell, I am happy about it.
    No Red, I didn't see that....where do I look??????????
    Dance like no one is watching. Sing like no one is listening. Love like you've never been hurt.

On the home page there is a thread called challenges and contests. Inside that is the january contest winners thread. I hope you like it.
    RedGarnet222

*Oliver Wendell Holms

Oh Red, it's wonderful!!! Is there a contest every month?

Not sure I understand how this works. I'm working on squares for an animal quilt to be donated to the zoo. Do I send the blocks with the pictures of the animals being used and another set of bocks that someone else may want to use????? Confused.

Quote Originally Posted by sewjoyce View Post
    Oh Red, it's wonderful!!! Is there a contest every month?
    Yes there sure is sewjoyce! Isn't that fun? I am pretty sure there is a thread by rhonda that lists the next ones coming up. I think it is larger quilts that have applique for the next two weeks. But you would have to search rhonda's thread to know for sure.

Thanks so much for commenting My first contest... LOL!
    Last edited by RedGarnet222; 01-30-2012 at 09:20 AM.
    RedGarnet222

*Oliver Wendell Holms

Quote Originally Posted by NotByTheBook View Post
    Not sure I understand how this works. I'm working on squares for an animal quilt to be donated to the zoo. Do I send the blocks with the pictures of the animals being used and another set of bocks that someone else may want to use????? Confused.
    LOL I guess we are in the same boat notbythebook. Are you talking about this swap or the contest? If it is directed about this swap, the rules are all on the first page of this swap thread. That is how it works you send blocks and they are swapped out with other swapper and sent back to you.

The board contest rules are on the contest threads in that section of the board.

I hope this helps. I know that it can be confusing sometimes when you first join a site. Welcome, by the way to the quilt board from the state of nevada. I hope you enjoy the site and all of the friendly members.
    RedGarnet222

*Oliver Wendell Holms

ok Red just pm'd you about this swap and the kitchen one as well, I am excited to be playing again

Woo Hoo ... here we go again ...amberr!! How fun to have you join in the swap. I have you all signed up so, Welcome! I know you will have fun playing along with your blocks.
    RedGarnet222

*Oliver Wendell Holms

I think that I understand what to do and would like to join in on the fun. I will do 4 sets That means 24 blocks right??????? Different sizes???? I am excited about this. Now if I could only find my 501 blocks book.
    Dreaming of New England while being stuck in So. Calif.(the asphalt jungle of the world.) But hey the Happiest Place on Earth is here.

Hi, Redgarnet222
    Can you please let met join for "1 Set". This will be my 1st time for time for a Block trade. Lori K. icon17

Quote Originally Posted by urgodschild2 View Post
    I think that I understand what to do and would like to join in on the fun. I will do 4 sets That means 24 blocks right??????? Different sizes???? I am excited about this. Now if I could only find my 501 blocks book.
    Glad to have you with us urgodschild! Have fun and pm me when you are ready to send them in. One set can be one size block and the others another. I am making 9 1/2's so far for mine. But I usually make 12 1/2 ones as well.
    RedGarnet222

*Oliver Wendell Holms

Hi Icon17,
    I will get you all signed in for one set. But, you might change your mind after you get going with them. If you want to do more, just let me know. I am flexable! LOL!

Quote Originally Posted by icon17 View Post
    Hi, Redgarnet222
    Can you please let met join for "1 Set". This will be my 1st time for time for a Block trade. Lori K. icon17
    RedGarnet222

*Oliver Wendell Holms

ok is it just me or is there a problem with loading pictures right now, I have tried it from two different computers now and it acts like its loading the file and then says download failed. uhhhhhhhhhh driving me nuts I really wanted to get some of my pics up of my blocks tonight, oh well maybe I will try again later

Talking

Ok FYI it was just me having a brain fart on what I was doing, I have it figured out now and here you go. This is what I have been working on for the swap and I have a couple of more to do yet.
    Attached Images Attached Images

CUTE!!! I love the ice cream cone.
    RedGarnet222

*Oliver Wendell Holms

thanks Red, I have been having fun learning how to use my machine and learning how to do some of the many different things that it will do

Hi ljdugas31... Your blocks are here! How cute they are! I love them. I will try and post pictures of them tomorrow for everyone to see.
    RedGarnet222

*Oliver Wendell Holms

Blog Entries
    ok...I have looked for a few days for the block to make...I have a dumb question regarding the size block. I usually make a 121/2x121/2" block, but wanted to try something different. The other sizes are to be squared by 3" for example: 31/2 x 31/2 61/2 x 61/2 91/2 x 91/2

am I reading your first page correct or is it 31/2 x 61/2 etc.
    Marcialee

Yes ... This is a funky type swap. The sizes can all fit together like a puzzle to make a 12 1/2" block. If you look at the valentines swap tops that the girls have made, you can get an idea of how they are setting the odd sizes together.

For example if you take a 9 1/2 " square block and add a 3 1/2 by 9 1/2 to it, then add a 3 1/2 by 12 1/2 to that. You have the 12 1/2 inch square block. Many combinations work to give you a 12 1/2" block to fit them all together for a quilt top.
    RedGarnet222

*Oliver Wendell Holms

Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 1 2 3 12 ... LastLast