Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
Hands of Hope for Kennedy Joiner - Teresa delivered the quilt - p22 >

Hands of Hope for Kennedy Joiner - Teresa delivered the quilt - p22

Hands of Hope for Kennedy Joiner - Teresa delivered the quilt - p22

Old 05-31-2009, 10:27 AM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by quiltncrazy
Martina, your such a sweetheart.
ROFL - I could produce enough contacts who would wholeheartedly disagree with that statement.

As far as the label - I haven't thought about that too much. One idea I had was to write one out on the PC and have it scanned on fabric.

I have to drive to the shop who does that anyway to have pieces of my MIL's 30s star quilt scanned. I want to replace some damaged spots with exact matches. Either blood or rust ate right through the fibers in storage. Fortunately, there are only 2 bad ones.

However, if someone wants to make a label, that would be fine with me too. It IS a group effort after all.
Old 05-31-2009, 10:31 AM
Power Poster

hmmm, was thinking, maybe just put the board name, or
first name and last initial and board name. Something like that?
What do you think. Label could get quite long with a bunch of names, that she has not met in person. just my random thoughts.
about the sweetheart thingy...yeah, if you ask my hubby,...depends on what day it is..or what time of day...if he is waiting to eat...flip a coin...he's a bear on an empty tummy, but he might say, I was a sweetheart to get fed faster :lol:
Old 05-31-2009, 10:34 AM

If you tell me what you want on the label, I will machine embroider one for you. I was thinking it might be nice to have the abbrev of the state the block was sent from example...Pennsylvania PA just so they could see where they blocks came from...just a thought.

Margie
Old 05-31-2009, 11:07 AM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by Margie
If you tell me what you want on the label, I will machine embroider one for you. I was thinking it might be nice to have the abbrev of the state the block was sent from example...Pennsylvania PA just so they could see where they blocks came from...just a thought.

Margie
hey, Margie, that sounds like a great idea. All of our states with or without board name? Maybe without, bc it's not really from every single person on the board, but it will be from these individual states. I think that will make it very interesting. What do you think, Martina?
Old 05-31-2009, 11:10 AM

All of these hand print blocks, for Kennedy,
are so lovely!! :D It will be fun to see the
finished quilt. Great job everyone.
:D :D :D :D :D
Old 05-31-2009, 07:02 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by quiltncrazy
Originally Posted by Margie

Margie
hey, Margie, that sounds like a great idea. All of our states with or without board name? Maybe without, bc it's not really from every single person on the board, but it will be from these individual states. I think that will make it very interesting. What do you think, Martina?
That's a really good idea. Thanks for the offer, Margie.
Old 06-01-2009, 07:37 AM
Power Poster

So last night DH was watching me do some blanket stitching around another hand and he said: "If I were doing a square, I would do it totally different. I would want a side view of the hand with the heart popping out of the palm."

That's so clever - just a little tough to execute.
Old 06-01-2009, 12:30 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by MadQuilter
So last night DH was watching me do some blanket stitching around another hand and he said: "If I were doing a square, I would do it totally different. I would want a side view of the hand with the heart popping out of the palm."

That's so clever - just a little tough to execute.
it is nice for him to take an interest though.
My hubby doesn't give a hoot about sewing/quilting, but he does care that it matters to me, so i''ll take what i can get.
Old 06-01-2009, 05:16 PM
Power Poster

That would be an awesome block, I agree, hard to execute. Maybe let him have a go at it :D

I am almost done with mine...down to the handwork...hoping to get them out by the end of the week :wink:
Old 06-02-2009, 07:52 AM

Bump