Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
Hands of Hope for Kennedy Joiner - Teresa delivered the quilt - p22 >

Hands of Hope for Kennedy Joiner - Teresa delivered the quilt - p22

Hands of Hope for Kennedy Joiner - Teresa delivered the quilt - p22

Old 05-30-2009, 01:10 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by PurplePassion
I am doing one block with my grandson's hand prints. he picked out orange fabric --his favorite color. I hope that will be ok. Elaine
Perfect. I love a kid who knows what he likes. (I think I already sent you my addy)
Old 05-30-2009, 04:42 PM
Power Poster

I am doing one block with my grandson's hand prints. he picked out orange fabric --his favorite color. I hope that will be ok. Elaine
oh, PurplePassion, I love you! I never thought of doing that. I would love to make some more with my grandbabies hands! wow!
That is a fantastic idea...they would love to help Nana, out that way, and when it is done, I am sure, Martina is going to post pic, and I can show them, the finished quilt. Woo hoo, thank you sew much, lol!

HEY, EVERYBODY, GET YOUR GRANDBABIES HANDPRINTS AND DO BLOCKS, TOO!!!! :lol:
Old 05-30-2009, 04:47 PM
Power Poster

Martina, we need to get the word out, about

~ grandchildren't handprint blocks

~ pigma pens are ok, if you don't embroider

think, these two things, will generate more blocks. Ppl love to help, but afraid of stuff being too difficult or time consuming. nope, not this.
Iron your prints on with steam a seam2, iron on a white or light solid across hand, and take a pigma pen, (fabric pen or sharpie permanent marker), and write the word hope.
Kennedy is a beautiful little girl that needs us. Please help if you can!
Old 05-30-2009, 05:22 PM

Well thank you QC; my 3 year old grandson is always willing to help. He watched part of the video of Kennedy with me. My daughter traced his hand and I asked him to pick out a fabric from my huge pile. I told him pink and green were her favorite colors. He pulls out the orange piece and says , I want orange for the girl. And you don't argue with him!
I think we might end of with a couple of quilts here. Elaine
Old 05-30-2009, 05:31 PM
Power Poster

Well thank you QC; my 3 year old grandson is always willing to help. He watched part of the video of Kennedy with me. My daughter traced his hand and I asked him to pick out a fabric from my huge pile. I told him pink and green were her favorite colors. He pulls out the orange piece and says , I want orange for the girl. And you don't argue with him!
I think we might end of with a couple of quilts here. Elaine
He sounds like he knows his own mind, and I wouldn't mess with that grandma! :wink:
This idea is so cute and perfect. I'm gonna do more than two blocks, now, that I gotta get itty bitites! thanks so much for sharing. :D
Old 05-30-2009, 07:26 PM

good idea and thanks for anything that will generate more blocks it really is a good cause. I am working on my needleturn applique not perfect but i think it will do.
Old 05-30-2009, 07:38 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by tslowery
good idea and thanks for anything that will generate more blocks it really is a good cause. I am working on my needleturn applique not perfect but i think it will do.
any idea, how many blocks have been pledged so far?
I am gonna do at least four. a bright pink, a spring green, and two more that will be a floral fabric, with pink and green in it.
I'm doing my bracelet (with the word hope), in white-white, with colored ink or thread.
Old 05-30-2009, 08:26 PM
Power Poster

You guys (gals) are just awesome. I wouldn't worry about the project. I think once some of the blocks come in and I post pictures that might prompt renewed interest. ...and if it doesn't, I have tons of fabric, tons of ideas, and tons of time (DH works swing shift), so I can easily supplement whatever is sent by the group.

It will be beautiful. I am wholeheartedly convinced of that. :D
Old 05-30-2009, 08:52 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by MadQuilter
You guys (gals) are just awesome. I wouldn't worry about the project. I think once some of the blocks come in and I post pictures that might prompt renewed interest. ...and if it doesn't, I have tons of fabric, tons of ideas, and tons of time (DH works swing shift), so I can easily supplement whatever is sent by the group.

It will be beautiful. I am wholeheartedly convinced of that. :D
Martina, your such a sweetheart. It would be nice, if you don't have to do all that yourself, and if label has names on it, would show more support. I think your right, pics will do it, every time. :wink:
Old 05-31-2009, 09:11 AM

My offer of any kind of help for anyone still stands if you need anything just let me know.