Holiday Mug Rug Swap!!!

Old 12-15-2014, 08:26 AM

Belfrybat- glad you liked the mugrug! My boss thought a mugrug is "just an excuse to make something"! I didn't reply- he can be nice and more diplomatic otherwise. Wish i had a lot of this cat fabric. Long since out of print. I also have a bit with a dark blue background. I love cats, esp Siamese, but have a dwarf parrot and parakeet.
Old 12-15-2014, 08:32 AM

I having the best time, just admiring all the beautiful work everyone did. Ya'll are some very talented and wonderful Board friends. keep the pics coming, it's def making my day, since it looks like rain outside.
Old 12-15-2014, 08:46 AM

Default Thank you so VERY much!!

What a good start to a nice day with opening the package from my MR secret pal. I thought you all would enjoy opening the box with me so here are pictures. Thank you EVER so much, Dwina (TOOMANYUFO's). You exceeded all expectations. I love every single thing. First was a lovely handmade Christmas ornament; then a nice plastic case to hold my rotary cutter but hiding inside was a chocolate Hershey bar disguised as a snowman complete with fleece hat and scarf; my lovely cat mug rug with 3 tea bags and a kitty 2 year planner which will be perfect for keeping my quilt guild obligations. Can't say thank you enough for everything.
Attached Thumbnails mr1.jpg   mr2.jpg   mr3.jpg   mr4.jpg   mr5.jpg  

mr6.jpg   mr6a.jpg   mr6b.jpg   mr7.jpg  
Old 12-15-2014, 08:47 AM

Originally Posted by Gannyrosie View Post
I having the best time, just admiring all the beautiful work everyone did. Ya'll are some very talented and wonderful Board friends. keep the pics coming, it's def making my day, since it looks like rain outside.
Raining here too, but we NEED it! So, trying not to complain. Starting to feel sorry for the worms
I love how everyone tried to make something special for their recipients. So nice to see....
Old 12-15-2014, 08:53 AM
Power Poster

gosh, you people are up early
I got from dabbler312, the most scrumptious hot cocoas, drinking one now. flavors I've never seen!! and adorable grey kitty cat ornament, (just like my Zoey)in a red glass Christmas stocking and ...my mug rug. so cute. a red kitty after a blue/grey mousie and a piece of cheese. She made him out of 30's fabric against a green background. Just the perdect size for a mug and some cookies. after breakfast, i'll try out the cookie part. thank you so much, Kristine, for all your hard work, and for all the yummy hot cocoa and the extra special ornament. thank you, you're the best!
Old 12-15-2014, 08:57 AM

Here's mine from Laquita, I love it, and the extra lil panel, thank you Laquita!
[ATTACH=CONFIG]502609[/ATTACH]

Love all the others showing up too.

Um, I think here in a bit I'll take and post a pic of the pkg I sent to Jacie that was returned..

Kif
Attached Thumbnails img_20141215_105127.jpg  
Old 12-15-2014, 09:03 AM

I personally hope everyone opens their mug rugs and shares their pictures!!!! I am so beyond excited to see what is being shown already omg are you kidding me? these are the greatest mug rugs I have ever seen and hope someone magically can make a picture with all of them on one page. I would love to see you all share a picture with one and all and if you let me I will post a picture on here and on facebook with the photos, no names. I think giving other people the great ideas of what there can be made.. just a thought.

I will hope those last mug rugs show up today but want to know if they didn't. I have a few being sent by angels. one who got two back! guess they didn't want them but there are for missing swap partners so please tell me. I know two are sent and really late but coming (phew). other than good news only please

I wanted to share that once again I received a couple cards and fabric! in the mail from my swappers. I am overwhelmed each time one comes in and think the warm words of support and the absolutely lovely fat quarts are one of the best gifts I can think of. Thank all of you from the bottom of my heart. I cant thank you enough. Today is a good day for me. outside is a true Christmas post card sky is blue trees covered in snow dripping like something you see in a picture and the ground covered in 6 to 8 inches of clean clear snow. Its stunning. I am going to finish that awful apron today. its is the goal of the day. the entire goal of the day lol. Chicken later for dinner thinking a raspberry chipotle bbq sauce on the pieces and I am golden! maybe for breakfast.. no no sewing first girly. my mind does so much more than my body does. sigh. lol.
Old 12-15-2014, 09:05 AM

ps sorry I didn't post earlier you could open your mug rugs. I figured anytime you wanted to sit back and enjoy them was a good time. I have to go get mine and then have my dh take a picture. they are hiding in the kitchen which is a long walk for me so I am stalling lol. lazy rear strikes again! whoot whoot!
Old 12-15-2014, 09:13 AM

I received my Mug Rug from a Deb Schell and no Quilting Board name. So, I am not sure who she is! Come on, Deb, clue me in!

I love coffee and she personalized my MR for me, and also sent me some wonderful soap (with no added anything bad in it).....since I have SO MANY intolerances I am grateful!

Thanks, Deb!
[ATTACH=CONFIG]502611[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails 100_8398.jpg  
Old 12-15-2014, 09:16 AM

I have not heard from my SP (Mrs Shak) and she did not post to the ornament thread, nor has she answered my PM thanking her for my swap package.

Has anyone heard from her? I managed to remember to take pictures of the package I sent her, but I don't want to before I give her a chance to post herself.

I am just worried because it has been so long since I have seen any activity from her.

Anyone?