Holiday Mug Rug Swap!!!

Old 11-13-2014, 10:11 AM

Another fun tradition we have is for the grands to help decorate the tree. It's great that Abby is 11 now and can reach higher so all the ornaments aren't on the bottom 1/3 of the tree. We have 2 funny tree decorating stories. Several years ago I bought a new ornament, placed it on the tree and sat down to admire it. Timber the tree fell over on top of me. Obviously the tree couldn't have been set up correctly was my plea while the rest of the family wanted to know if the ornament I had hung was made out of cast iron. LOL. The other story is when grandson was helping decorate and he said grams I don't feel so Good and projectile vomited blueberries everywhere. What a mess but he will never live that story down
Old 11-13-2014, 12:35 PM
Power Poster

I love raspberry thumbprint cookies along with M&M's. they are my favorite.
Now I want cookies
Old 11-13-2014, 12:36 PM
Power Poster

I love raspberry thumbprint cookies along with M&M's. they are my favorite.
Now I want cookies they would be great right there next to my new mug rug
Old 11-13-2014, 02:03 PM

I got a package today in the mail It says Mug Rug on it! so I have to wait to open it!!!!!
So who ever sent to me I got it and Thank you!
I'm in for a Valentine's mug rug!
Old 11-13-2014, 02:07 PM

Our Christmas tradition is watching Miracle on 34th street Christmas Eve.
Then my girls which whom are very much grown has to have my Oyster Dressing!
My Dear Husband is so funny because he doesn't like dressing around the Turkey, the rest of the family does so he gets his own pan of dressing! He's so spoiled!!!
Old 11-13-2014, 04:04 PM

WooHoo, I got my mug rug package in the mail today and it's a BIG box! I thought I had it figured out who had my name and now I don't have a clue.

Jan
Old 11-13-2014, 04:59 PM

Location: Asheville, previously Lake Vermilion, Tarpon Springs, Duluth, St Paul, Soudan

Originally Posted by cuppy View Post
28 number in zip code! Mailing on Tuesday! Great Christmas Novel included, and more.
My zip code starts with 28. I mailed to my SP and it was delivered yesterday, according to the tracking. So if you got a big brown envelope, don't open it.

My favorite Christmas songs are I Wonder as I Wander and O Holy Night, Dad's solo songs, and any Johnny Mathis Christmas album, which my aunt played nonstop from Thanksgiving on. Christmas meals? Christmas Eve was lutefisk, meatballs, boiled potatoes, mashed rutabegas, and cranberry whipped pudding and lefse. Christmas day was turkey and stuffing, ham, ravioli, mashed potatoes, gnocchi, macaroni and cheese, with pumpkin, apple and mincemeat pies, and tons of cookies. Rosettes, spritz, krumkake, Finnish tarts, potica.

Why the macaroni and cheese? Because, as Grandma said, "there is always some kid who is in a 'not eating meat' phase".

Last edited by Krisb; 11-13-2014 at 05:19 PM.
Old 11-13-2014, 05:33 PM

Hahaha that's funny but true! I'm sorry to ask but what is Lutefisk, please?
Old 11-13-2014, 05:44 PM

Originally Posted by kiffie2413 View Post
Jacie,
Keeping you in my prayers!

Patchesnposies,
That's exactly what Brat and I discussed. Everyone will know who sent their pkg due to the return address label.
I always put my return address. Not sure it helps in some cases, but for the 1st time in all the swaps I've done, 2 months ago the post office lost a pkg I sent. They asked if there was a return address? Luckily I always put one. Though it didn't seem to matter, the pkg is still lost. Luckily the replacement I sent out arrived to my swappee safe and sound.

On our mug rugs, the surprise is really more about what's inside the pkg anyways, eh??

On the weather front, balmy high of 18 here today!!

Kif
thank you for the thoughts and your prayers....... snow here today, and altho it is beautiful to watch from inside, I had hoped we'd get to Florida before bad weather. oh my.. just enjoy the beauty...........
Old 11-13-2014, 06:03 PM

I received a package today from Bakersfield CA. I will wait to open until the great reveal on Dec 15. Thank you very much.
We have a Thanksgiving dinner with Turkey, sweet and mashed potatoes,brussel sprouts,pineapple/carrott orange jello, buttered corn, cheese cake, pumpkin and apple pie, Milk,Coffee, and Wine. We are so stuffed at the end of the day. My daughters(3) have taken over the holiday duties so I get to enjoy every minute.