Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
I Spy Swap w/ Fall Theme Twist >

I Spy Swap w/ Fall Theme Twist

I Spy Swap w/ Fall Theme Twist

Old 12-22-2014, 04:48 PM

Originally Posted by mrshalibut View Post
"Maybe we should do every other month. What do you all think?"

Hi everyone. I was also thinking we could trade sets of ten instead of twenty. That way, we wouldn't need 21 participants to have no repeats, we would only need 11.
I was actually thinking the same thing about 10 per baggy.
Any suggestions on the twist? How about super hero's, we could also do a all girls and then an all boy twist.
Old 12-23-2014, 07:31 AM
Power Poster

I'd love to see an agreement to send only *new* prints each time-- ones we have not sent before, received in a swap, or even ever seen in this swap. If everyone could agree on that, our swap would be that much better!
Old 12-23-2014, 11:11 AM

Forgot to post that my charms arrived. Great assortment as usual! Thanks everyone who swapped and a big thank you to owlvamp for being our hostess.
Old 12-25-2014, 01:38 PM

Hi there! I will try to pay attention to when the next round comes around so I can hop in again. I agree it would be nice to get charms that haven't been previously sent - when I was swapping earlier last year, I did get several repeats...and since I do try to buy/search the stash for new fabric, it's nice to receive the same.

And Bonnie, I'm specifically going to look for purple! Hope everyone is having a nice Christmas!
Old 12-26-2014, 07:01 PM

It would be nice if everyone tried to send one purple background next time! I've had lots of luck through ebay, if I can't find anything in the stores. I've found out-of-print fabrics that I never saw in the past because I wasn't looking for kids' prints. That's where I get all my reds.
Old 12-26-2014, 07:40 PM

I never send the same ones I have sent before or copies of any that I have received. Some of us that have not done this as long as others don't always know what has been sent before and sometimes when people post pix of the ones they receive-I do not always receive the same ones they received. So sometimes we don't know what everyone received. I am always happy with what I receive and figure if I cannot use it I will pass it on.-Just sayin
Old 12-26-2014, 11:40 PM

It's true we do have new comers and they don't know what was sent or not. Plus there is some that can't afford to just go buy fabric for swaps and would like to use up there stash. No one can blame them there. The good thing with the same blocks or even duplicates you can pass a long or make charity quilts or those books that were shown or place mats.. Some ladies gave us wonderful ideas. If you can find different fabric each time that would be wonderful but the swap is opened up to all . I just like looking at all the fabric that comes in and touch it as it goes back out.LOL
Old 12-29-2014, 06:12 AM

I like the idea of 10 per baggie - that way there would be more variety - that also might allow more people to want to swap - could use up smaller pieces of fabric and fat quarters would work.

Might allow for more than 6 spots of all different fabric if people need more squares per month.

Just thinking out loud..........
Old 12-29-2014, 05:00 PM

Good point, owlvamp and bullock2us. Hope I didn't sound contrary... I appreciate everyone's efforts to do what they can. Love new stuff, but understand if it's not always possible.
Old 12-29-2014, 07:43 PM

Originally Posted by rbwiese View Post
I like the idea of 10 per baggie - that way there would be more variety - that also might allow more people to want to swap - could use up smaller pieces of fabric and fat quarters would work.

Might allow for more than 6 spots of all different fabric if people need more squares per month.

Just thinking out loud..........
This is a good idea.....I could definitely go for it!