Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: I'm new to this - when does the next Int'l Round Robin start?

I'd love to participate in the next International Round Robin. How do I get on a list, or learn when it starts? I can't tell from the posts that are on the Round Robins now.

Don't know as of yet.
    I have thought about maybe starting one once this one is done, but no way I could participate in it since I will be moving in the spring of next year.
    Someone else MAY decide to do another one tho.

Hello and welcome from Pittsburgh, PA :D

I take it that it's quite the job to organize??

Blog Entries
    I was thinking today that I would start a new one in the next month or so. I need to do some checking with the "powers" on the board and then think about how to do it. These have gone pretty smoothly and were set up well, but

Do we want to do large quilts or wall hangings?

Do we want to do some type of theme quilts or just stick with everyone starting with whatever we want?

Or there are other options also....anyone want to throw in some ideas? I don't mind heading it up if there is much interest in doing it. So??????

Blog Entries
    I have been looking at the pictures coming in of the present roune robin, and they are all stunning, and so different. I don't know if I would be up to it.

Blog Entries
    Lacelady, there are all skill levels involved in these quilts. You just do what you are comfortable doing is all.

But, considering that some feel that way is one of the reasons I am considering maybe doing some smaller groups for wall hangings.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by sandpat
    Lacelady, there are all skill levels involved in these quilts. You just do what you are comfortable doing is all.

But, considering that some feel that way is one of the reasons I am considering maybe doing some smaller groups for wall hangings.
    Well, I might be up for that, if you are up for organising it. I think I will feel more comfortable about signing up for this if Quiltwoman approves of my efforts with the Doll Quilt swap.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Lacelady
    Well, I might be up for that, if you are up for organising it. I think I will feel more comfortable about signing up for this if Quiltwoman approves of my efforts with the Doll Quilt swap.
    I'm going out on a limb here and saying that Quiltwoman will feel really good about your efforts on the Doll quilt swap :lol: Really...we had all skill levels from beginners to really advanced in spread throughout the 4 groups that did the RR. They have all come through with outstanding efforts each time and to tell the truth, I think we all learned something with each round. And of course, there is plenty of help available here on the board for everyone. :lol: Don't worry right this minute, just think about it for when the next one starts.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Lacelady
    I'm going out on a limb here and saying that Quiltwoman will feel really good about your efforts on the Doll quilt swap :lol: Really...we had all skill levels from beginners to really advanced in spread throughout the 4 groups that did the RR. They have all come through with outstanding efforts each time and to tell the truth, I think we all learned something with each round. And of course, there is plenty of help available here on the board for everyone. :lol: Don't worry right this minute, just think about it for when the next one starts.
    OK, I'll watch this space, and thank you for the boost re my doll quilt swap.

I agree with what Patti said.

Well, because I'm new, I can only look at what's been done in the past to decide what to do in the future. The only question I have about a wallhanging is that it doesn't seem like it can have very many layers/borders added?? Perhaps it will only have a couple rounds? I'm open for anything and will participate in just about any type, except where extreme skills are needed, but I don't get the feeling you guys would do that to your fellow quilters :).

Extreme skills? Is there such a thing? Oh yea...that would be what Patti and Elle do lol

Don't ever be scared to join. There are no quilt police here.
    The IRR is my 2d round robin I have done and I have had fun doing and learning.
    Like I say....just jump in the water...it's warm and the sharks don't bite! :)

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Esqmommy
    Well, because I'm new, I can only look at what's been done in the past to decide what to do in the future. The only question I have about a wallhanging is that it doesn't seem like it can have very many layers/borders added?? Perhaps it will only have a couple rounds? I'm open for anything and will participate in just about any type, except where extreme skills are needed, but I don't get the feeling you guys would do that to your fellow quilters :).
    With the wall hangings, we might just start with a smaller center square...say 12" vs. the 24" that we used on the current RR. And no...there are NO quilt police on this board....All of the swaps, and projects done on this board are to provide something fun to do and a great way to socialize and share our love of quilting with others!

I would love to join the next swap. I vote for RR quilt.
    I'm not into wall hangings. Just my 2 cents if it counts....

lol...Texasquilts

Quote Originally Posted by tlrnhi
    Extreme skills? Is there such a thing? Oh yea...that would be what Patti and Elle do lol

Don't ever be scared to join. There are no quilt police here.
    The IRR is my 2d round robin I have done and I have had fun doing and learning.
    Like I say....just jump in the water...it's warm and the sharks don't bite! :)
    Well thank you for that lovely compliment, donīt know if I deserve such praise.

Well my 2 cents with is I am up for another RR, can it be international. Only thing with that is to consider the price of sending to a foreign country, and we know from experience that it is only fair to insure them.
    How you all feel for another IRR. I will willing help anyone.

As you know I did suggest a block swap, but there is a lot going on at the moment so think it is best left for the time being, sorry to anyone who feels let down I know a lot were interested.

Elle

Blog Entries
    It would be possible to have several catagories. If there is enough interest we could have a wall hanging group, a larger quilt group and of course, also international. We certainly could not leave out all our talented friends across the big ponds!!

It is more expensive to participate in an international group, however the benefits to having our friends included far outweighs the cost for some of us. For others, that type of cost may be prohibitive. I will try to get an estimate of the total costs prior to starting the sign up so that everyone knows exactly what they are agreeing to before hand. It is expensive...I did 2 groups and just mailed 2 tops out to the UK...it was almost $60.00 for this round only.

Super Member Baren*eh*ked_canadian's Avatar
    I'm DYING to participate in a RR. I was so angry at myself when I missed the last one. I'm not sure how I missed it, but anyway.

Blog Entries
    The current IRR's end in mid Sept. I'd like to try to get everything all rounded up and organized to start sometime soon but with the mailing date for the centers in mid Sept. That would give us a while to work on our centers before they have to be mailed. How does that time frame sound?

I think I'll start a new thread to see actual interest as some people might not have caught this one as it is just a question.

Sounds good to me, but I won't be able to participate. :( :( :(

Blog Entries
    Sounds good to me, but I won't be able to participate. :( :( :(
    You DO however make a pretty good cheerleader... :wink:

Yea, I know I do, but I wanna do it again!! WAHHHH!!!!!!!!

Blog Entries
    Why not think about doing it and just having a "stand in" for the time when you are moving and can't do it during that time. Your quilt sure turned out pretty this time!!!

Why not think about doing it and just having a "stand in" for the time when you are moving and can't do it during that time. Your quilt sure turned out pretty this time!!!
    That would work, but then again, it wouldn't only because we really aren't sure WHEN we would be moving. Having mail forwarded to where ever and all that jazz.....I hate moving!

That would work, but then again, it wouldn't only because we really aren't sure WHEN we would be moving. Having mail forwarded to where ever and all that jazz.....I hate moving!
    Thats a bit of a bummer Terri, but I really do understand your dilema.

Canīt the military make up their minds

Elle

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast