Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
International Fabric Swap - Sign-up will close on January 5, 2012 >

International Fabric Swap - Sign-up will close on January 5, 2012

International Fabric Swap - Sign-up will close on January 5, 2012

Old 08-10-2011, 08:45 AM

Originally Posted by rummage
:roll: Hello Liz,
Sue here from near Stirling (small world!)
I've thought the same thing everytime I get involved in international swaps. Sometimes it's difficult to find fabric with a made in UK stamp on it, most of our fabric seems to come over from America. Having said that, when we were over in America many years ago I was very jealous of their fabric - Ours here in the UK is getting better though.
When I have swapped with overseas swappers, they have often requested something Scottish themed from me, which I must admit, I have had some trouble tracking down over here (LOL!!).
Cheerio for now,
Sue ;)
You can simply send fabric that represents your quilting personality or what you love to work with.

(When I think of Scotland I think of family crests, tartans and Scotch thistle. Perhaps that's a narrow perspective of your country as I have never visited.)
Old 08-10-2011, 08:47 AM

Originally Posted by Mrs B
Hey you can't do an international swap without any Aussies!!! Count me in and I'll find some Australian designs on cotton fabric to send to you. Hope you get a few more Aussies though Or I'll have to send a few bags so everyone will get one. Would love to have some fabric from Europe cause even though I've just been there I couldn't find any fabric shops, and South Africa, yes please.
Will PM Carsey for the address.
Thanks for your efforts to invite others from Australia!! Australian designs fascinate me!
Old 08-10-2011, 09:51 AM

Would love to be involved, so count me in. I live in Co Durham and would really enjoy being part of an international swap Thanks for asking
Old 08-10-2011, 11:23 AM

Thanks, this sounds like a very good solution. I have already a paypal account, so no problem. with kind regards, Caro
Old 08-10-2011, 12:34 PM

Originally Posted by Carolinepaco
Thanks, this sounds like a very good solution. I have already a paypal account, so no problem. with kind regards, Caro
:arrow: This message refers to Carsey purchasing US postage for return mail for those who live outside of the US.
Old 08-10-2011, 01:21 PM

i think it would be exciting; you will find that anyone that works in metric will have larger FQ since a metre is 3 inches more than a yard.......I have lots of ideas on how to "Canadianize" my FQ exchange. I will re-read the intro but it would be nice if it was a couple of FQ and that we can sign a couple of times for more variety.
Old 08-10-2011, 01:22 PM

Originally Posted by Carsey
Everyone, just remember that you can choose how many FQ's you want to send in. There is no limit. As far as the flat rate envelopes, they will hold 24 - 12 1/2 blocks so we can judge by that how many FQ's it will hold. Does that make sense?? :? Oh well, if you have any questions please let me know!

Blessings!
Carole
FYI flat rate envelopes hold less than 7 yards.....
Old 08-10-2011, 03:10 PM

Originally Posted by rummage
Mrs B :-D Hello!
I sincerely hope you do join in the swap, Australian fabric is fantastic. I subscribe to Quilts Down Under and have found the fabric available lovely.
I live in Scotland and have travelled in France and Spain and I too have had difficulty finding straight forward fabric shops, of course it doesn't help if you don't speak the language too well!!
Where are you in Australia? I've been to Queensland and loved it. My daughter lives in Brisbane, we hope to get over again next year (finances allowing.........)
Sue ;)
Hi Sue,
I live in South Australia, close to Adelaide. Queensland is beautiful but SA is a bit cooler in winter and very warm in summer. Brisbane is a lovely city to live in. When you come you could spend some time in SA too,(you would have to fly down here it takes two to three days to drive) we have a spare room.
Hope you join in the swap s they are fun and I'd love to get some fabric from Europe.
Old 08-10-2011, 04:42 PM

Originally Posted by debe

I just learned that the hard way today!!! lol
Old 08-11-2011, 04:04 AM

Originally Posted by thelondonzoo
Originally Posted by debe

I just learned that the hard way today!!! lol
as a Canadian who does mail order I have to have a good idea what will fit in what for shipping purposes :) a med. flat box is less than 20 yards.