Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
International Fabric Swap - Sign-up will close on January 5, 2012 >

International Fabric Swap - Sign-up will close on January 5, 2012

International Fabric Swap - Sign-up will close on January 5, 2012

Old 10-10-2011, 05:23 PM

It's would be fun to have the guild members participate too!

Originally Posted by QuiltingCrazie
We have only been in Germany a week but I found a guild here and will meet all the gals on friday so let me see what's available and I may say yes! We are APO so shipping here is no different then the states just takes longer...Thanks
Old 10-10-2011, 06:11 PM

ok, i know this is from a while back, but I just joined....and I have to say AWESOME!! I LOVE the double deckers and the phone booth. so wished I was more into quilting when I travelled in the past. oh well. :) this is getting pretty exciting!

Originally Posted by Yvie
Hi

Ooh this swap sounds really interesting - count me in! I've never taken part in a swap before so I'm sorry I will probably have to ask some pretty dumb questions so I don't get anything wrong!

Most of the fabric I buy here in Scotland is made in the US but I know I could send some tartan or I have had a quick look for Scottish/British fabrics and I found these - would they be of any interest?
Old 10-12-2011, 09:36 AM

Originally Posted by heyuitsme
can I confess I joined the Quilting Board partially because I found this thread? :D whoo=hoo! I am in!

I'm from wisconsin, but have traveled internationally...so, I might have some special pretties to part with.

really looking forward to this!
I'm with you on the true confessions, I also only joined the Quilting Board after seeing this thread.
I'm so looking forward to seeing all the fabrics, but January is VERY far away ;-)
Old 10-12-2011, 01:30 PM

Originally Posted by Quiltingshaz
Originally Posted by heyuitsme
can I confess I joined the Quilting Board partially because I found this thread? :D whoo=hoo! I am in!

I'm from wisconsin, but have traveled internationally...so, I might have some special pretties to part with.

really looking forward to this!
I'm with you on the true confessions, I also only joined the Quilting Board after seeing this thread.
I'm so looking forward to seeing all the fabrics, but January is VERY far away ;-)
Not so far...time is flying and just think the longer it is the more internationals join and more pretty fabrics...And it gives me time to buy more to rec more.
Old 10-12-2011, 01:31 PM

Originally Posted by Roe
I never thought of RYCO that will have to be my next stop Thanks
My favorite place..Make sure you sign up for their emails so you can get mthly coupons.
Old 10-12-2011, 04:41 PM
mim

I had never heard of Ryco -- I will bookmark their website. Many years ago as a child if we saved 10 labels from Wrights trim and sent them in with a dime, we got a package of trims and lace ends. As late as 2000, they had an outlet in Sturbridge, MA. I used to stop in whenever I was in the area and buy a "surprise box" to send pieces to children of quilters. Lots of lace, ribbons, small pieces of velvets and satins. Lots of fun. I wonder i Wrights is still in business -- probably went out with so much coming in from China now.

Mim

Originally Posted by hobbykat1955
Originally Posted by Roe
My favorite place..Make sure you sign up for their emails so you can get mthly coupons.
Old 10-12-2011, 05:05 PM

I live in Oregon, but will send FQ's from London.
Old 10-13-2011, 10:14 AM

Originally Posted by mim
I had never heard of Ryco -- I will bookmark their website. Many years ago as a child if we saved 10 labels from Wrights trim and sent them in with a dime, we got a package of trims and lace ends. As late as 2000, they had an outlet in Sturbridge, MA. I used to stop in whenever I was in the area and buy a "surprise box" to send pieces to children of quilters. Lots of lace, ribbons, small pieces of velvets and satins. Lots of fun. I wonder i Wrights is still in business -- probably went out with so much coming in from China now.

Mim

Originally Posted by hobbykat1955
Originally Posted by Roe
A friend recently asked if I had gotten trim from wrights this way. Apparently they still have the offer out there. She is responding to a current ad on a trim package.
Old 10-14-2011, 07:13 PM

These are the lastest packages I received: Roe, Abonda, Quiltmom, Maine Ladybug.

Blessings!
Carole
Old 10-15-2011, 10:57 AM

Here are a few more packages I received today:

ldugas31, Lynnc, kiffie2413

Blessings!
Carole