Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
International Fabric Swap - Sign-up will close on January 5, 2012 >

International Fabric Swap - Sign-up will close on January 5, 2012

International Fabric Swap - Sign-up will close on January 5, 2012

Old 10-17-2011, 06:33 AM

Thanks for sharing. I like the hand quilt.

Originally Posted by heyuitsme
Originally Posted by Quilt Mom
thanks...kinda simple/dumb question, but I don't really know too much about sewing...at least not sewing the right way. I 'wing-it' a lot. :)
Winging it is great! Do you have a thread where you have some of your work? I'd like to see some examples. I' always up for something new -

And remember, there is no dumb question. We all have a lot of opinions, and are willing to offer them.
thanks for the answers ladies...had no idea if I should leave it on the fat quarters or not...
here's a thread of the quilts I've made:
http://www.quiltingboard.com/t-159939-1.htm

and here are 'the mistakes I've made'.....you can see here why I might have been wondering about edges. :lol:
http://www.quiltingboard.com/t-159946-1.htm
Old 10-17-2011, 09:06 AM

Thanks for sharing! I checked out both threads, and had to chuckle when I saw the pin quilted onto your quilt!
Old 10-18-2011, 01:43 PM

i love your 'bloopers'!! l know of another lady who PURPOSELY does something wrong in EVERY quilt. normally a triangle the wrong way around or something like that...
basically she says that no body is perfect except god. so she refuses to make a perfect quilt. :)
i too had a chuckle at the pin! bless!!! lol...
lovely quilts!! well done!
thanks...kinda simple/dumb question, but I don't really know too much about sewing...at least not sewing the right way. I 'wing-it' a lot. :)
Winging it is great! Do you have a thread where you have some of your work? I'd like to see some examples. I' always up for something new -

And remember, there is no dumb question. We all have a lot of opinions, and are willing to offer them.
thanks for the answers ladies...had no idea if I should leave it on the fat quarters or not...

and here are 'the mistakes I've made'.....you can see here why I might have been wondering about edges. :lol:
Old 10-19-2011, 04:46 AM

I attended a Ricky Tims workshop a few years back. The presentation included a display room of his quilts rhapsody and medallion collection. Two of his first attempts at quilting were also displayed. He wanted people to know that everyone, no matter how talented, starts quilting as a "beginner" and makes mistakes. It's a learning process.

Some mistakes can lead you to a new avenue of design.

Originally Posted by jacquie
i love your 'bloopers'!! l know of another lady who PURPOSELY does something wrong in EVERY quilt. normally a triangle the wrong way around or something like that...
basically she says that no body is perfect except god. so she refuses to make a perfect quilt. :)
i too had a chuckle at the pin! bless!!! lol...
lovely quilts!! well done!

Old 10-21-2011, 09:28 AM

hi!I'm Indian but now in US (TN).I would have loved to participate in this but unfortunately I don't have any fabric from my country.New here too.Hope to collect some for next time.
Old 10-21-2011, 09:37 AM

Feel free to find some fabric in TN that reflects your personality. Selecting it is part of the fun! :)

Originally Posted by tulika
hi!I'm Indian but now in US (TN).I would have loved to participate in this but unfortunately I don't have any fabric from my country.New here too.Hope to collect some for next time.
Old 10-21-2011, 11:55 AM

Carsey
I have just found Scottish themed fabric ( I had to buy it from England ).Trouble is it is a metre and would be messy if cut into fat quarters.
Will it be OK to send this?
Looking forward to taking part.
Wis Wis
Old 10-21-2011, 12:57 PM

Originally Posted by WisWis
Carsey
I have just found Scottish themed fabric ( I had to buy it from England ).Trouble is it is a metre and would be messy if cut into fat quarters.
Wis Wis
Wow would it be messy to cut?!? In Canada, all the fabric is cut by the metre so not all are going to be exactly the same size.
Old 10-21-2011, 02:10 PM
mim

actually - a metre is bigger than a yard -- so yor can get to keep some and still do FQ -- or just cut it into 4 pieces.

Welcome to the swap
Mim
Originally Posted by WisWis
Carsey
Wis Wis
Old 10-24-2011, 09:30 AM

Help,where do you have profile page for swap :?: This sounds so fun :mrgreen: :mrgreen: Been a while since I was able to do anything .