Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
International Fabric Swap - Sign-up will close on January 5, 2012 >

International Fabric Swap - Sign-up will close on January 5, 2012

International Fabric Swap - Sign-up will close on January 5, 2012

Old 08-05-2011, 02:34 PM

I wouldn't mind it and since it is supposed to be an International Swap I would think something from Canada would be nice. I haven't seen anything like that here in Fl. It's fun to get different just my opinion. Sue
Old 08-05-2011, 02:35 PM

I like the sound of those fabrics. Sue
Old 08-05-2011, 02:37 PM

I wouldn't mind receiving something from anywhere. It'll be fun to see what we all get. Sue
Old 08-05-2011, 02:39 PM

I love maple leaves and the Canadian Flag!
Old 08-05-2011, 02:43 PM

Originally Posted by thrums
Originally Posted by oldcatlady
I think certain prints or styles are more popular in certain areas and the manufacturer's take that into account so even if it's the same company the fabrics would/might be different. That's what I was thinking when I first saw the swap. When I went to a quilt shop in the west there were TONS of southwest fabric that I don't see in my area. I bet the same is true for the new england area when it comes to the ocean/beach prints. I could not find any here. So I think just sending in material you find locally is great and if it has to do with whatever is popular in your neck of the woods that's even better.:) Just have FUN!
Franklin, TN was the site of a major battle near the end of the Civil War. I may use Civil War fabrics as my representation of my area.
I bought my Civil War era fabric yesterday at The Quilting Squares; a Franklin shop that is actually where the battle took place. The war was a sad chapter in our history, but Franklin is well-known for historical sites and living history events during that time period.
Old 08-06-2011, 09:39 AM

Thanks everyone for lettingme know!! I am going to keep my eyes open!!
Old 08-06-2011, 10:14 AM

Originally Posted by oldcatlady
I think certain prints or styles are more popular in certain areas and the manufacturer's take that into account so even if it's the same company the fabrics would/might be different. That's what I was thinking when I first saw the swap. When I went to a quilt shop in the west there were TONS of southwest fabric that I don't see in my area. I bet the same is true for the new england area when it comes to the ocean/beach prints. I could not find any here. So I think just sending in material you find locally is great and if it has to do with whatever is popular in your neck of the woods that's even better.:) Just have FUN!
Franklin, TN was the site of a major battle near the end of the Civil War. I may use Civil War fabrics as my representation of my area.
I bought my Civil War era fabric yesterday at The Quilting Squares; a Franklin shop that is actually where the battle took place. The war was a sad chapter in our history, but Franklin is well-known for historical sites and living history events during that time period.
WOW, sure wish I could see this shop, my favorite fabrics along with the 30's.
Old 08-06-2011, 10:19 AM

You can count me in...I am in the Uk and will try and find something that represents the Uk...not sure the fabric will be made in the UK...I can only think of Makower..and I think that is readily available in the US...but I do have some fabrics that I bought in Austria, Germany and Spain that I would be happy to send too.....sounds fun....but someone will have to remind me when to send.
Old 08-06-2011, 10:50 AM

Originally Posted by Little RoO
You can count me in...I am in the Uk and will try and find something that represents the Uk...not sure the fabric will be made in the UK...I can only think of Makower..and I think that is readily available in the US...but I do have some fabrics that I bought in Austria, Germany and Spain that I would be happy to send too.....sounds fun....but someone will have to remind me when to send.
I believe you can send them in at any time. (before the deadline of course)
Old 08-06-2011, 08:31 PM

SOUNDS LIKE FUN!

BARB
REDFORD TWP,
MICHIGAN USA