International Round Robin, Round 6 Discussion and pics

International Round Robin, Round 6 Discussion and pics

Old 09-16-2009, 02:41 AM

Originally Posted by Butterflyspain
Originally Posted by tlrnhi
Oh no Elle. I don't like it.

I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE IT!
:D :D :D

Think you need a long arm quilter for it. Mine will be that size too which is good but difficult to quilt. think I am going to have to send mine away for quilting.

elle
I'll most likely wait until we get back to the states to get it quilted.
It sure is beautiful! :) :) :) :)
Old 09-16-2009, 06:51 AM
Power Poster

Awww, Terri, I knew you'd love it. I'm still thinking about how to quilt mine. I think that I will try the smaller one 1st. It was group 4 and was short 1 person, so it is a little smaller. The larger grape one...it is soooo gorgeous! I'm not sure what to do with it. What I'm thinking about for the quilting..gosh, I know I can't afford to pay someone else to do it!
Old 09-16-2009, 07:32 AM

Originally Posted by sandpat
Awww, Terri, I knew you'd love it. I'm still thinking about how to quilt mine. I think that I will try the smaller one 1st. It was group 4 and was short 1 person, so it is a little smaller. The larger grape one...it is soooo gorgeous! I'm not sure what to do with it. What I'm thinking about for the quilting..gosh, I know I can't afford to pay someone else to do it!
Yes that is the problem. The cost would be prohibitive for me too, apart from the fact I donīt know anyone who does this sort of work here in Spain.

Elle
Old 09-16-2009, 07:57 AM

Patti, if you don't know what to do with it, just send it back to me! lol

I have no clue what to do with it. I'm sure I could probably find someone to quilt it, but then again, like you, thinking the money to have it done.....hmmmmmmm........I'm thinking I'm going to be getting a long arm. lol
Old 09-16-2009, 01:03 PM

These quilts are gorgeous! I've been following this thread in anticipation of IRR II. I'm sure you can imagine how excited this makes me feel about what is to come. :D

Congrats on such lovely gifts from amazingly talented friends!
Old 09-16-2009, 06:12 PM
Power Poster

Sew Cornie...this has been so much fun and wow...when I see how the centers are starting out for the new IRR...it just blows me away!

One thing I've noticed on this IRR is that many of us left lots of quilting room. Thats what I was talking about on my grape quilt. There are a few rounds with lots of great open space to do some "custom quilting" type of work. For me to have that done by a LAQ...I'm thinking the price to do it would blow me away. But I don't really know since I've never had a LAQ look at anything for me. I could do a couple of them and probably at least make a good down payment on a LA for myself with the $ I would save doing it myself! Now...if I could just find somewhere in this house to put it! :roll:
Old 09-16-2009, 09:17 PM

I am wondering does anyone know where my round robin might be. It seems like I lost track of it. Hope it isn't lost in the mail. I was hoping to have it quilted for the Christmas season.
Old 09-17-2009, 02:42 AM

[quote=barbsbus]I am wondering does anyone know where my round robin might be. It seems like I lost track of it. Hope it isn't lost in the mail. I was hoping to have it quilted for the Christmas season.[/quote

mgrhs is working on it and nearly finished
Old 09-17-2009, 05:15 AM
Power Poster

Thats right Barb...I remember that it is the one with the Christmas wreath on it? That will look great all done and quilted for the season. I can't wait to see what mgrhs is doing to it, I know it will be fabulous!
Old 09-17-2009, 08:54 AM

[quote=JANW]
Originally Posted by barbsbus
I am wondering does anyone know where my round robin might be. It seems like I lost track of it. Hope it isn't lost in the mail. I was hoping to have it quilted for the Christmas season.[/quote

mgrhs is working on it and nearly finished

Take your time, I have lots of other things to keep me busy, I was just worried it might have gotten lost. I will just work on the rag quilts I am making for all four great grands and get them out of the way so I can devote my quilting time to the Christmas quilt when they are done.