Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 25 FirstFirst 1 2 3 12 ... LastLast

Thread: International RR III Group 9 Traveling Threads

Just popping in quick! I'm in this group too....great centers ladies! I've yet to pick out what I'm doing. Yikes! lol. I'm debating whether I do a panel (I have plenty of them) or if I'm going to piece something.

I am working on my center today. Hopefully will have a picture posted by tomorrow. I am so excited about this. I need to stay off of this board and get some stuff done.
    I need some ideas about a label..... What are you guys putting together? And do we send a Pigma pen with our center are does everyone have one to sign with?

I have to make my label this weekend, too. I was wondering how big of a label to make. I think we all have a pigma pen to use instead of mailing one along. I agree...I need to spend more time sewing and less time chatting....but it's so much fun! Everyone here speaks "my language".

Quote Originally Posted by maryb119
    Thanks so much. sew cornie, if you can post the picture of my center, I would sure appreciate it. I have not had time to work with my computer program and figure out how to post it but I will keep trying. My grandson is 12. He likes bright colors and stars and astronomy. Hopefully, the designs will be one that "grows" with him. I can't wait to get started!
    Thanks for a little insight into your grandson. I know he'll have one stunning quilt when we're finished with it. Here's your fabulous center!
    Attached Images Attached Images

Hey Chrys, glad to see you pop in here. Welcome!

I still need to make my label too. I'm thinking it will probably be 12" wide by 12-16" tall? Just a guess so far. I wouldn't mail a pigma pen along. My fear is that it would leak or break or something in transit and ruin all of our lovely work.

That is what I was thinking about with the pen. I have never participated in one of these before, so I wanted to make sure... Thanks for the info

Thank you! thank you! thank you!!! sew cornie for posting my center picture. I sew much better than I run the computer....sewing is more fun unless I'm chatting on this board.

Yeah, look what happens, I gosleep and everyone else gets chatting.
    My label is A4 size, I printed it on computer using a commercial printable fabric. When I get it back, I'll either scan it into computer and add 'traveling threads'to it, or maybe I'll just get our needle and thread and embroider something.
    Please feel free to write whatever you want on it,I'll attempt to post a pic of it, but not too sure how it'll go. Then I have to go do something other than read this forum.Housework(yuk) and sewing await.
    Linda

Thank you! thank you! thank you!!! sew cornie for posting my center picture. I sew much better than I run the computer....sewing is more fun unless I'm chatting on this board.

No problem. I'm right with you there on the computer thing. This piece of machinery and I just don't seem to speak the same language.
    :lol:

Linda, If you will indicate where and what you want to add to your label, I will monogram it for you when I get it. That is what I do for a living. I have 3 industrial size embroidery machines running right now. Bonnie

Bonnie, thank you so muchfor your offer. I would love
    Group 9 Traveling Threads
    Somewhere between 2010-2011 IRR and the start of the centre.
    Thank you.Linda

I would love to do that for you.

Here is my center. I guess I should have waited until tomorrow with the sun out. They colors really don't show up with this camera. Hope ya'll like it. Bonnie

Quilt Center 2010
    Name:  Attachment-101716.jpe
Views: 34
Size:  1.11 MB

MaryB's is going to be great to work on. I also love working with brights and black

No don't like it, it';s awesome.Love it. From the pics I see, it's all green;gold and brown.Very pretty.Pity I get to work on it last.Have great ideas already, but they'll probably change as it evolves.
    Linda

Bonnie, that's gorgeous! Love the batiks. Are those done in 3D? Hard to tell in pictures sometimes. Oh, I can't wait to get this one!

Yes Mam. I had bought the book by Lynne Edwards Cathedral Windows Quilts and wanted to try some of the things that were in it. This is in the book with Christmas colors as a wall hanging. I liked it and it was the size I needed, so I changed the colors. It is the first time I have worked with Batiks too. I am thrilled at how it turned out. And can't wait to see it when ya'll get done with it. So exciting.

Bonnie, I love your center block! I have ideas already! You are after my heart with batiks. They are a wonderful fabric to work with.

very pretty Bonnie :)

very lovely! Still thinking about mine...

Quote Originally Posted by sew cornie
    Thanks so much. sew cornie, if you can post the picture of my center, I would sure appreciate it. I have not had time to work with my computer program and figure out how to post it but I will keep trying. My grandson is 12. He likes bright colors and stars and astronomy. Hopefully, the designs will be one that "grows" with him. I can't wait to get started!
    Thanks for a little insight into your grandson. I know he'll have one stunning quilt when we're finished with it. Here's your fabulous center!
    What a cool center. I love it.

Quote Originally Posted by americassewplace
    Here is my center. I guess I should have waited until tomorrow with the sun out. They colors really don't show up with this camera. Hope ya'll like it. Bonnie
    That is just beautiful. I love the colors.

I finished my center and now I need to work on the label. I can't wait to start.

Here it is
    Name:  Attachment-101891.jpe
Views: 26
Size:  65.3 KB

Wow! This will be fun to work on!

Wow! This will be fun to work on!

Page 2 of 25 FirstFirst 1 2 3 12 ... LastLast