Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
International RR III     Group 9 Traveling Threads >

International RR III Group 9 Traveling Threads

International RR III Group 9 Traveling Threads

Old 03-15-2011, 01:27 PM

I have been reading some of the other groups threads and I think we are so lucky to have such a good group. We are all very good to get the center we have on the the next person in a timely fashion and we keep in touch with each other about the progress we are making. I am so glad I have had a chance to get to know all of you and that I am in this group. I am looking forward to seeing the pictures of this round and going on the the next one.
Old 03-15-2011, 01:36 PM

Originally Posted by maryb119
I have been reading some of the other groups threads and I think we are so lucky to have such a good group. We are all very good to get the center we have on the the next person in a timely fashion and we keep in touch with each other about the progress we are making. I am so glad I have had a chance to get to know all of you and that I am in this group. I am looking forward to seeing the pictures of this round and going on the the next one.
After reading some of the other threads I was thinking the same thing.
Thank you all for taking this journey through quilting with me. :lol:
Old 03-15-2011, 04:13 PM

Originally Posted by lindyline
Originally Posted by maryb119
After reading some of the other threads I was thinking the same thing.
Thank you all for taking this journey through quilting with me. :lol:
I haven't kept up well with the other groups, but my experience from last year's was pretty rocky. In fact, there's still one top not finished! :oops: I gave this another go this year because I didn't want my only IRR experience to be a frustrating one. Thank you all for making this such a successful group! I'm loving the process this time around! :mrgreen:
Old 03-15-2011, 05:56 PM
Power Poster

I have to agree. We have all kept up so well. I was about two months late getting my last round robin back. This group is wonderful. By the way I'm not ready to mail yet either. Still working on the border.
Old 03-19-2011, 03:33 AM

Just checking in. Have almost finished the second side. Then it's on to the top and bottom borders. Will post a pic when I have the sides added,then you cangive an opinion. Have a great weekend.
Old 03-22-2011, 12:48 PM

Ok we're very quiet again. Have just finished the second side. Will attach both sides tonight after work, if I get time. Planning on drafting top and bottom onto fusible at lunch today, so then all I have to do is fuse it, cut it and stitch it. I am planning on getting this done in time, although I may need to take time off work to do so. Not fIr how earning a livi g to pay the mortgage gets in the way of my quilting.
Old 03-23-2011, 08:37 PM

I've finished Chrys's top and I really like how it turned out. Unfortunately I'm still without photo posting abilities. It's a PC problem, not a camera problem. So Chrys, I've taken a picture and will get to Costco later this week to have it developed. Then I'll mail it to you so you won't have to wait until next month to see it. :-D And then if you want me to change anything, I'll still have a bit of time to do so.

Hope everyone is doing well. Can't wait to see how these are all progressing.
Old 03-24-2011, 03:15 PM

I'm sure there won't be anything I'd have you change! Can't wait to see how it looks now! :)
Old 03-25-2011, 04:33 PM

Woohoo! DH fixed the computer . . . he's so awesome. :D Here's Chrys's top with my border added. I found the same red that Chrys used for the door and the chimneys and I used it in the churn dash blocks and the log cabins. When going for traditional Americana, classic sampler blocks came to mind and seemed like a perfect fit here. I hope you like it. I really loved working on it and am glad I got it done early enough to enjoy it before mailing it on.

Linda, the log cabin corner blocks are pp'd (it's only the log cabins, not all the blocks). Do you want me to remove the paper before sending it to you or is it best to leave on to help the corners keep their shape? I'm not well versed in pping and will do whichever you prefer.
Attached Thumbnails attachment-174911.jpe  
Old 03-25-2011, 04:54 PM

Oh my gosh!!!!!!! I just adore this!!!!!!! You've done an awesome job!!! Makes me smile today as I'm laying here on the couch since I broke my foot today.