Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
International RR III     Group 9 Traveling Threads >

International RR III Group 9 Traveling Threads

International RR III Group 9 Traveling Threads

Old 06-29-2011, 02:04 PM

Well I'm still here, for now. It does seem extra quiet doesn't it. Can't wait to see my final border, before it jets off to Charisma for LAing. Should we start strumming our fingernails in the hope that they'll hear??
tap..tapp..tapp...
Old 06-29-2011, 02:09 PM

Hahaha! Maybe we should! I am excited to see what the next round on my center looks like.
Old 06-29-2011, 02:13 PM

Yes me too. I loved your centre, and it was fun to work with. Gave me lots of think space. I'm sort of glad now that the fabric I wanted and ordered for the round didn't turn up, because I think plan B was so much better for it.
Jen posted last week that she thought she would be finished the border on mine at the weekend, so as you can imagine, I check the board every opportunity I can get.
Now it's time for more...tap...tap...tapp.tapping ..etc.
Old 06-29-2011, 02:17 PM

Thank you. I love my center too. My grandson has been watching the progress on line. He thinks it's pretty cool!!!

I keep checking, too. I found some fabric for Jen's final border today but I didn't buy it yet. I have to figure out how much I need. My quilting buddy and I are going on a road trip on Friday and back to this shop so I will know then how much I need. This is my first round robin and it has been fun to see what everyone adds to each quilt. Each border has been more of a challenge than the last one. I have enjoyed this "quilting journey" we have been on.
Old 07-01-2011, 02:17 PM

Alrighty Linda. Here it is . . . finished up this morning and will get it off to Charisma. Hope you like it! It was fun to work on. The reason I felt intimidated before is that I haven't worked with Asian design before, but when I found the fabrics, it just all fell into place very quickly. Thanks for the opportunity to stretch my comfort zone - always a growing experience. :-D
Attached Thumbnails attachment-219506.jpe  
Old 07-01-2011, 02:21 PM

That is so cool, Jen!!! I'm sure lindyline will love it. Now if we can see the rest of round 4. I got the fabric for yours today. I'm hoping to work on it in the next few days but we have a long busy weekend planned for the 4th that it may be next week before I get to it.
Old 07-01-2011, 07:55 PM

Thanks for the compliment Mary. I felt like repeating the "lanterns" that Chrys had done in her round was a good idea for the last border as well. Kept it simple and I really loved it when it was done. Now to hear from Linda . . . sorry for the delay in finishing it. New carpet is all installed now and we're in the process of unpacking the house. My sewing was the last thing to get packed last week, and nearly the first to get unpacked this week. :lol:
Old 07-01-2011, 08:03 PM

I think you'll have to wait a while to hear from Linda. She said she'd be away for a week or two.
I love what you did though and I'm sure she will too!

Originally Posted by sew cornie
Thanks for the compliment Mary. I felt like repeating the "lanterns" that Chrys had done in her round was a good idea for the last border as well. Kept it simple and I really loved it when it was done. Now to hear from Linda . . . sorry for the delay in finishing it. New carpet is all installed now and we're in the process of unpacking the house. My sewing was the last thing to get packed last week, and nearly the first to get unpacked this week. :lol:
Old 07-01-2011, 08:10 PM

No I'm here. Found internet access on phone. Thank you Jen it is beautiful. I love all the borders. A big thankyou to everyone. Will write more when I'm back.
Old 07-01-2011, 08:14 PM

I'm glad you like it! :-D :-D