Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
International RR III     Group 9 Traveling Threads >

International RR III Group 9 Traveling Threads

International RR III Group 9 Traveling Threads

Old 07-02-2011, 05:01 AM

Hi ladies....Just a quick update. I have Mary's quilt on my desk and it's just about done. But I'm leaving for Idaho in a few days, so unfortantly this won't get out until the following monday. :( Still been going through my grandmas' house and getting ready for an estate sale, sewing has been the last thing I've been getting too. I'm sorry. :(
Old 07-03-2011, 06:46 PM

Here is Jen's finished quilt top. It's hard to get a good picture and show the true colors but you can get the idea. I had to think about this one for a while. I hope you like it, Jen. Do you mind if I wait til Friday to mail it so I can take it to my sewing group on Thursday night?

The fabric I chose
[ATTACH=CONFIG]220571[/ATTACH]

The finished quilt top
[ATTACH=CONFIG]220572[/ATTACH]

the corner view
[ATTACH=CONFIG]220573[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails attachment-220565.jpe   attachment-220566.jpe   attachment-220567.jpe  
Old 07-03-2011, 09:42 PM

Of course I don't mind waiting. It's so beautiful!! Thank you all so much! Mary, the fabric you chose is simply perfect and looks like one I might have chosen myself. I love it and I can't wait to see it in person! Thank you!!
Old 07-04-2011, 02:46 AM

Wow, that is so nice Mary, I love what you've done with Jens. Now that makes 2 finishes for our group. Can't wait to see the others.
Now, for a very hearfelt thankyou to everyone of you ladies who worked on my top. I absolutely love what has been done with it. I think it's amazing that last year I sent out a few scraps sewn together, and this year I will be receiving an almost finshed quilt.(I will have to bind it)Other people I know think it's astounding that there are people like you out there, who will do this as a group.
THANK YOU ALL.
Old 07-04-2011, 01:13 PM

Thanks, Jen. I'm glad you like it. It traveled to several LQS with me to find the right fabric for it. This piece had all the colors in it and seemed to bring everyting together. I fussy cut the strips so they would match all the way around and frame it. Thanks, for letting me take it with me to my sewing group. They have seen each round robin center all the way through this year and they have had some great ideas on borders. We are talking about starting a round robin in our group next year.

Thanks, lindyline. I, too, have enjoyed this process and seeing each center grow into a unique quilt. They are all so different from each other. It has also been a learning experience with designing the next border. I had ideas for each one when I first saw the center and several of them, when I got the center, the idea I had didn't work so I had to come up with plan B. Thank you all for the wonderful work you have done on my center. I can't wait to see the rest of them finished.
Old 07-05-2011, 11:10 AM

Jen, I mailed your quilt top today. I checked my calendar and my sewing group is not until next week. I have such a busy week next week that I may not be able to go. I had some things to do downtown so I sent your quilt top on its way today. Please let me know when you get it. I hope you like it.
Old 07-05-2011, 11:21 AM

Originally Posted by maryb119
Jen, I mailed your quilt top today. I checked my calendar and my sewing group is not until next week. I have such a busy week next week that I may not be able to go. I had some things to do downtown so I sent your quilt top on its way today. Please let me know when you get it. I hope you like it.
I'm sorry your group won't get to see it but I'll definitely let you know when it gets here. I can't believe our group already has three of these completed. Doing a project like this sure makes the year go by quickly.

Mary, do you have the information from the selvage of the floral fabric? I really love it and would like to see if I can find some here.
Old 07-05-2011, 01:14 PM

The print is called Farmgirl's Garden by Joined at the Hip and it manufactured by Clothworks Textiles. You can PM me and I will give you the name, address and phone number of the quilt shop where I bought it. It was a new bolt and there was a lot available. It comes in the white background that I used and also a pale green background. It's a pretty piece. The quilt shop here will mail it to you if you want.
Old 07-05-2011, 08:39 PM

Originally Posted by maryb119
The print is called Farmgirl's Garden by Joined at the Hip and it manufactured by Clothworks Textiles. You can PM me and I will give you the name, address and phone number of the quilt shop where I bought it. It was a new bolt and there was a lot available. It comes in the white background that I used and also a pale green background. It's a pretty piece. The quilt shop here will mail it to you if you want.
Thanks so much. I'll look for it locallly first but if I can't find it, I'll PM you for the LQS info. :o)
Old 07-11-2011, 01:47 PM

I'm back from Idaho and Mary's top is done, packed and ready to mail out tomorrow morning!

I really hope you like it Mary! :)
Attached Thumbnails attachment-225040.jpe