Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
International and USA/Canada Round Robin II GROUP INFO is OUT!! >

International and USA/Canada Round Robin II GROUP INFO is OUT!!

International and USA/Canada Round Robin II GROUP INFO is OUT!!

Old 07-23-2009, 06:40 AM

The bonus part is that they are truly girly girls!
The oldest one, Cassandra, has a pink room. My mom called it the Pepto room before we got everything moved into the room! It is pretty close to the colour of the Pepto-Pismol bottle!!!! But now that it has princesses and such on it, it seems a lot calmer!!! Thank goodness!!
The younger one, Sarah, has a purple room! She is girly with a touch of tomboy in her!! But she has tinkerbell all over her room!!
Everyone knows right away that we have girls even if they don't see them. The rooms are a dead giveaway!!! I love it!!!
Thanks for the input.
Kendra
Old 07-23-2009, 10:14 AM

Originally Posted by suzic46
Hi all, I'm really struggling with a center, I want to do a new technique like applique and a landscape, but I seem to keep falling back on the traditional where it's safer. Anyone have any suggestions or ideas as to how you came up with your centers? I sure could use the help. Thanks. :-)
I am using YOUR avatar as the inspiration for my second quilt.
Thank you very much! 8)
Old 07-23-2009, 10:38 AM

OMAK I was just thinking that Suzic46 could use the same pattern as her avatar photo for the center
Old 07-23-2009, 11:07 AM

Originally Posted by mgrhs
OMAK I was just thinking that Suzic46 could use the same pattern as her avatar photo for the center
:idea: :idea: IDEA! :!: :!: Let's all do it! LOL ...
I think it is a very attractive block ... and, if I did it in little six inch log cabins, it could really be something ... and, it would be such a kick to see how different every one of our stars would be!
I may take one of the ideas I gave to Miss Ninnie and do part of Suzic46's star, but put a house up in one corner of it ... someday, I AM going to make a bunch of house blocks ... thank goodness, I do not know when that day will be!
Of course, I am all hung up on that mystery quilt from July 9, and I may just put a couple of those blocks together, JUST to work toward my goal of actually making ONE perfect sample of that quilt!
I am happy in my obsessive land ... once I found out it had a name, it wasn't such a burden any more! LOL
Old 07-23-2009, 11:48 AM

I'll need to get a whole lot better at both English paper-piecing and pattern design before I can do my avatar as a quilt - one day though, I will!

Attached Thumbnails attachment-23731.jpe  
Old 07-23-2009, 12:03 PM
Power Poster

ai731, I love that tree ! It speaks to me!

I can see a boarder with falling leaves, and maybe a house and flowers!
Old 07-23-2009, 12:03 PM

Oh, I love the close-up of that tree! It's a painting, isn't it? Huh!
Old 07-23-2009, 12:09 PM

Originally Posted by ai731
I'll need to get a whole lot better at both English paper-piecing and pattern design before I can do my avatar as a quilt - one day though, I will!
If you used tracing, applique and some fusible webbing, you could do it, easy peasy!
<says omak as she tries to go back to minding her OWN business! LOL>
Old 07-23-2009, 12:20 PM
Power Poster

ai731, can you print a picture of it out on your computer/ I.m thinking you could do applique!
Old 07-23-2009, 12:34 PM

Hi Suzic46,

I chose my center from a magazine pattern I'd cut out about 10 years back. I've wanted to do this pattern for a long time, but not multiple squares for a whole quilt as the pattern goes. This RR gives the perfect opportunity to use just one square. It was in Quiltmaker magazine and was called "American Rose". I'm going to call mine "Travelling Rose". It's a center square on point with log cabins at the corners. The center square has appliqued flowers and leaves.

I know what you mean about playing it safe by going with the familiar, but also wanting to try something new. I thought about that too, but figured that since I'm taking a leap by joining this RR, I'd also risk trying a new method. All of my applique in the past has been ironed on then stitched around. I really want to try this new square with turned needle applique. I'm a bit nervous, but it should be a good challenge.

Jump in. Trust yourself. It will be great!

Oh yeah, I also think your avatar is beautiful too! :D