Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
International and USA/Canada Round Robin II GROUP INFO is OUT!! >

International and USA/Canada Round Robin II GROUP INFO is OUT!!

International and USA/Canada Round Robin II GROUP INFO is OUT!!

Old 07-23-2009, 05:54 AM

if i get my first done may consider doing a second will know by the 15

i am greatful for all the organizers on this site it have really made it fun an pushed me beyond my comfort zone
Old 07-23-2009, 06:00 AM

Hi all, I'm really struggling with a center, I want to do a new technique like applique and a landscape, but I seem to keep falling back on the traditional where it's safer. Anyone have any suggestions or ideas as to how you came up with your centers? I sure could use the help. Thanks. :-)
Old 07-23-2009, 06:06 AM

Originally Posted by suzic46
Hi all, I'm really struggling with a center, I want to do a new technique like applique and a landscape, but I seem to keep falling back on the traditional where it's safer. Anyone have any suggestions or ideas as to how you came up with your centers? I sure could use the help. Thanks. :-)
The first round robin I did, was just a plain center, pieced blocks.
The one I have going now, that is almost home, is just a flower appliqued with a hummingbird that I saw and liked.
The one I'm working on now, hoping to get done is from a fabric postcard that Izy sent me. There's a picture a few pages back, I think.

I don't really think you should stress over this. What you COULD do is...just make a pretty block center (pieced). Send that out for this one. Then...work on the applique/landscape one for the next round robin that will come along and THERE WILL be another!
Old 07-23-2009, 06:15 AM

Originally Posted by chewboo
if i get my first done may consider doing a second will know by the 15

i am greatful for all the organizers on this site it have really made it fun an pushed me beyond my comfort zone
Me, too, Chewboo. I'm getting involved in things I never have before. It may sound sappy, but it's kind of liberating.
Old 07-23-2009, 06:25 AM

Originally Posted by tlrnhi
Originally Posted by suzic46
The first round robin I did, was just a plain center, pieced blocks.
The one I have going now, that is almost home, is just a flower appliqued with a hummingbird that I saw and liked.
The one I'm working on now, hoping to get done is from a fabric postcard that Izy sent me. There's a picture a few pages back, I think.

I don't really think you should stress over this. What you COULD do is...just make a pretty block center (pieced). Send that out for this one. Then...work on the applique/landscape one for the next round robin that will come along and THERE WILL be another!
Your hummingbird idea is great, I love hummingbirds. You're right I'll put together some nice colors and traditional patchwork, but I'm also going to go ahead and try the landscape as well and see if I can get them done by the deadline. Thanks for your help.
Old 07-23-2009, 06:30 AM

I can not get over how many of you have already started working on your centers!!!
I am thinking I am going to let my girls pick a block pattern that they like for each of their quilts! The only thing is the quilts themselves are going to be a surprise. I am going to make an extra block of their choosing and make a matching wall hanging. Hopefully that way they don't realize what I am doing! What I was thinking of doing was including a picture of their rooms with the appropriate center. Does that make sense or just knowing they are for little girls will be enough?!?
Kendra
Old 07-23-2009, 06:33 AM

The hummingbird I used was a block of the month from a site I found. Liked the block, so used it.

Kendra, I think just knowing that the blocks are for girls would be enough, but you could always put a message in with your center so it would travel around with it stating that you only want girly colors, etc.
Old 07-23-2009, 06:34 AM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by KGoodhand
I can not get over how many of you have already started working on your centers!!!
I am thinking I am going to let my girls pick a block pattern that they like for each of their quilts! The only thing is the quilts themselves are going to be a surprise. I am going to make an extra block of their choosing and make a matching wall hanging. Hopefully that way they don't realize what I am doing! What I was thinking of doing was including a picture of their rooms with the appropriate center. Does that make sense or just knowing they are for little girls will be enough?!?
Kendra
I think that is a great idea, to take pictures, I for one could use all the help I can get and I think that would be very helpful. Knowing the colors and so forth. Love that they are going to be a surprise for the girls!
Old 07-23-2009, 06:36 AM
k3n
Power Poster

Kendra that's a lovely idea - and I like the 'sneakiness' of making a wall hanging so they don't suspect! :D
Old 07-23-2009, 06:37 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by KGoodhand
Kendra
i think its a great idea.