Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
International and USA/Canada Round Robin II GROUP INFO is OUT!! >

International and USA/Canada Round Robin II GROUP INFO is OUT!!

International and USA/Canada Round Robin II GROUP INFO is OUT!!

Old 07-22-2009, 09:22 AM
k3n
Power Poster

I think so too - I'm sure I read Patti say specifically DON'T send fabric because of postage costs!
Old 07-22-2009, 09:26 AM

Originally Posted by scrappy_quilter
question that I can't find the answer to .... do you send focus fabric along with your center to the next swapper?
My rambling opinion, for what its worth, is I'd say its normally not necessary, but if its a really hard to get print and/or one you really want including I'd say email your group, maybe with a picture of the fabric, and ask. That way it can go to whoever wants/needs it and not be posted all over unnecessarily. It may also be that those on a tight budget or who dont have a good LQS may appreciate it.

For the current one about to finish I didnt include any, and I dont think many others did either, but I can see how it could help sometimes.

My verdict would be email your group when you know who they are.
Old 07-22-2009, 11:30 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by tlrnhi
[But in all honesty, you will do fine, I PROMISE!! If you feel that you aren't, you are welcome to come to my house and pilfer thru my stash. :) :)

Oh, dear me. I don't think I'm going to feel fine at all. I guess I'd better go PILFER TERRI'S STASH!!!! WAHOOO!!!!! :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :shock: :twisted: :P :P :P :P :P
Old 07-22-2009, 11:32 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by Ninnie
I just realized now that I signed up for 2, I have to come up with another idea for center! Oh dear me!

Ninnie, you have until August 15 to change your mind. If you only want to do one, just say so! Don't stress (any more than the rest of us, anyhow!) LOL
Old 07-22-2009, 11:43 AM

Originally Posted by gaigai
I just realized now that I signed up for 2, I have to come up with another idea for center! Oh dear me!

Ninnie, you have until August 15 to change your mind. If you only want to do one, just say so! Don't stress (any more than the rest of us, anyhow!) LOL
NO! there is no august 15 for Ninnie ... her eyes are blue and that day can't possibly be on her calendar! ...
I will name three blocks for you, dear <g> hmmm ... let's see ... how about a house block, or hmmm ... well, I will think of something <g> you KNOW I will!
After all, if you do not have a plan for your life, I will find you one! It is my JOB! LOL
Old 07-22-2009, 02:27 PM

I have been playing with ideas for my center still confused but I do have some ideas
Old 07-22-2009, 02:31 PM

Originally Posted by scrappy_quilter
question that I can't find the answer to .... do you send focus fabric along with your center to the next swapper?
No, you do not send any fabric along with your top, UNLESS you want it specifically in your top. BUT...you have to realized, that will ADD to the weight and postage of shipping all that fabric with your top.
So, what's the point of even doing a center when you want a certain fabric used? The Round Robin if for others to use what they have, what they can find and to put their own "name" on your center.
Old 07-22-2009, 02:49 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by Esqmommy
One of the blocks I was thinking of doing is now no longer an option. The more I looked at it, the more I realized is wasn't meant to be part of a bigger piece - it was a 12 inch wall hanging, and would have looked silly with borders added in the sizes that we are doing.

That said, I have a large swirly fabric I want to highlight. It's similar to large paisleys but not quite as busy. Any ideas for centers that showcase a large print?
what about considering getting it enlarge at a copy shop? If you like the design, then go with it, unless you can find something you like better.
Old 07-22-2009, 02:54 PM
Power Poster

Don't worry Ninnie, I'm sure we could all help out with ideas. Dlo you have a colour scheme in mind? Do you have any collections? (Like my plates for instance) Apart from Quilting, which is a given, do you have any other interests. Will both quilts be for you? By the time you have considered that lot, perhaps you will be half way there with another idea.
Old 07-22-2009, 04:05 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by omak
Originally Posted by gaigai

NO! there is no august 15 for Ninnie ... her eyes are blue and that day can't possibly be on her calendar! ...
I will name three blocks for you, dear <g> hmmm ... let's see ... how about a house block, or hmmm ... well, I will think of something <g> you KNOW I will!
After all, if you do not have a plan for your life, I will find you one! It is my JOB! LOL

Glad to know that you have my back, omak!! :wink:

Just mail them blocks right on to me when you finish them! :lol: :lol: