Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
International/ USA/Canada Round Robin III Sign Up--  SIGN UPS CLOSED!!!!!!  GROUPS BEING E-MAILED, CHECK YOUR E-MAIL! >

International/ USA/Canada Round Robin III Sign Up-- SIGN UPS CLOSED!!!!!! GROUPS BEING E-MAILED, CHECK YOUR E-MAIL!

International/ USA/Canada Round Robin III Sign Up-- SIGN UPS CLOSED!!!!!! GROUPS BEING E-MAILED, CHECK YOUR E-MAIL!

Old 08-04-2010, 01:06 PM

Originally Posted by MadQuilter
Originally Posted by quiltingnonie
Oh oh...I may be in trouble if I get the hedgehog block: don't do applique (by hand) OR embroidery. :(
That's the great thing about Round Robins. You don't HAVE to do what the originator did. You simply supplement the center with a style that works for you and let the creative juices flow. Trust me, I have seen some fabrics where I am saying: Oh dear, what would you do with that? and suddenly......an idea pops up.
Hey Mad, I almost didn't recognize you. Is the CA weather warm enough now that you are no longer all snugly wrapped up in your quilt? Nice new avatar.

;-) ;-)
Old 08-04-2010, 01:21 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by sew cornie
Hey Mad, I almost didn't recognize you. Is the CA weather warm enough now that you are no longer all snugly wrapped up in your quilt? Nice new avatar.
CA is nice but Hawaii is nicer. Come check out p131/132 of the MadHouse PDA for more pics. No need for the quilt at the moment.
Old 08-04-2010, 02:08 PM

Originally Posted by MadQuilter
Originally Posted by sew cornie
CA is nice but Hawaii is nicer. Come check out p131/132 of the MadHouse PDA for more pics. No need for the quilt at the moment.

Oooh, I just checked it out. Looks like you had a great time! Beautiful pictures! Sounds like it was very refreshing. Good for you!
Old 08-04-2010, 02:21 PM

Count me in!! I can hardly wait to get started. I am hoping to make my center block this weekend.
Old 08-04-2010, 03:21 PM
Power Poster

BRT...those are too hard for me to pick one...I like them both!!

Mad...I had to look twice to make sure it was you! Love the new look!
Old 08-04-2010, 06:58 PM

Just made my center, or what I thought would be my center. Too large - 28" - but it's my fault. Wasn't thinking when I designed it that I was making 8" blocks instead of 6". Oh well, another WIP to put aside for now----& redo a center. Why is it that sometimes I end up doing things twice??? Could it be that I forgot to switch the brain to ON first??!!! Oh, yea, that must be it...
Old 08-04-2010, 09:45 PM

I think it is more likely that practice makes perfect.
Old 08-05-2010, 06:07 AM
Power Poster

Awww...but sometimes you are just working the Kinks out and the 2nd one goes a whole 'nother direction and works out better!
Old 08-05-2010, 08:27 AM

LOL I did the same thing! I was lucky with mine, all I had to do is remove a border! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Originally Posted by montanablu
Just made my center, or what I thought would be my center. Too large - 28" - but it's my fault. Wasn't thinking when I designed it that I was making 8" blocks instead of 6". Oh well, another WIP to put aside for now----& redo a center. Why is it that sometimes I end up doing things twice??? Could it be that I forgot to switch the brain to ON first??!!! Oh, yea, that must be it...
Old 08-05-2010, 09:43 AM

[quote=jamh]LOL I did the same thing! I was lucky with mine, all I had to do is remove a border! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Wish I could do that! - but there is no border on it to remove:)
Oh well, I don't mind making another center, I'm just brain-tired from the designing, figuring...the general steps in the process - lol I'm being so dad-blamed fussy about this one - you know?, have to have it just so! Think I'll take a break & work on something else for a day or two. Then returning to it will be like starting a new project -- & that is way cool!!