Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
International/ USA/Canada Round Robin III Sign Up--  SIGN UPS CLOSED!!!!!!  GROUPS BEING E-MAILED, CHECK YOUR E-MAIL! >

International/ USA/Canada Round Robin III Sign Up-- SIGN UPS CLOSED!!!!!! GROUPS BEING E-MAILED, CHECK YOUR E-MAIL!

International/ USA/Canada Round Robin III Sign Up-- SIGN UPS CLOSED!!!!!! GROUPS BEING E-MAILED, CHECK YOUR E-MAIL!

Old 08-05-2010, 10:05 AM

I really want to do this, but not sure I completely understand the process. I make a center and send it to someone who sends it to someone else...... When I get a mailing from someone I add how much exactly? Any color, any pattern? but were talking "strips"? I am going to find a picture of a finished project so I can see what it is REALLY all about so I don't screw it up!
Old 08-05-2010, 10:13 AM

found the info, will decide tomorrow if can do it!!1

Originally Posted by buslady
I really want to do this, but not sure I completely understand the process. I make a center and send it to someone who sends it to someone else...... When I get a mailing from someone I add how much exactly? Any color, any pattern? but were talking "strips"? I am going to find a picture of a finished project so I can see what it is REALLY all about so I don't screw it up!
Old 08-05-2010, 12:19 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by buslady
I struggled with the idea for a while too because you have NO control over what the others will send you (color, pattern, style....). The trick is to keep an open mind and let the creative juices flow. For every round you add, you are bringing your personality, interpretation, and skill to the table. In the end, the whole top is greater than the sum of the parts. Look at some of the picture threads for the ongoing IRR and see how fantastically they develop.
Old 08-05-2010, 03:39 PM
Power Poster

You know I just have to add this tidbit. In the instructions it says "you must graciously accept your quilt". During the last 2 years there have been times when someone mentioned to me that they were "less than happy" with an addition that somebody added to their quilt. You all need to remember that the NEXT person will be adding to that and it can take an entirely different and amazing direction all due to the "round you didn't like"....so keep an open mind, enjoy the process and if history repeats you will all be thrilled with your babies when they get home.
Old 08-05-2010, 05:17 PM

I finally decided on my center. I hope it is ok. I had so many ideas going around in my head so I finally made myself choose one. Now, I'm ready to get it going whenever it is time!! I am so excited about this.
Attached Thumbnails attachment-92395.jpe  
Old 08-05-2010, 05:34 PM

Carsey, that has tons of possibilities for borders. Its a great choice.
Old 08-05-2010, 06:11 PM

Carsey: Is this a panel or did you print or paint it. It is really interesting.
Old 08-05-2010, 06:48 PM

I'm still thinking on my center but narrowing it down. Hope to show you all soon.

Carsey I love your center. I hope I get yours!!
Old 08-05-2010, 07:25 PM

Carsey, great choice! Yes, I agree - can think of endless possibilities for it...
Old 08-05-2010, 07:31 PM

Oh my, Carsey! That makes my fingers itch! Hmmm....so many possibilities!