Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
It's time for the annual CHRISTMAS ORNAMENT SWAP-LATE SIGN UPS TODAY ONLY 10/1 >

It's time for the annual CHRISTMAS ORNAMENT SWAP-LATE SIGN UPS TODAY ONLY 10/1

It's time for the annual CHRISTMAS ORNAMENT SWAP-LATE SIGN UPS TODAY ONLY 10/1

Old 12-07-2011, 05:20 PM

Location: Ohio, the land of 4 seasons. sometimes all in the same week!

OK, but the idea behind a SWAP is to SWAP/EXCHANGE. this is the 3rd swap I have been in that only part of my items are swapped. I'm a bit disappointed. I understand that none of us will perish without the last 4 blocks, the other items anticipated; but we don't join a swap out of desparation. we do it for fun. It's more fun when all the players who joined up-play
Originally Posted by QuilterMomma View Post
At least we were blessed in giving our ornaments.
Old 12-08-2011, 10:21 AM

Location: Ohio, the land of 4 seasons. sometimes all in the same week!

SORRY if I offended anyone
Old 12-08-2011, 11:15 AM

I agree whole-heartedly with you. Sure, we have fun giving; however, when we give as part of a SWAP then we do indeed expect something in return. I can't imagine receiving something & not reciprocating. Even if life gets cluttered (my 9 year-old daughter has had 20 surgeries - I understand life clutter), one could go to a craft shop to return some kind of home-made goodie as the exchange... or at least contact the swap partner to explain the situation. I'm sorry that some did not receive their ornies in return.
Originally Posted by cherrio View Post
SORRY if I offended anyone
Old 12-08-2011, 11:21 AM

I still have to receive my second one. She said she needed to remake it. No hurrys here will put on tree when it comes. I know we all have busy schedules ..
Old 12-08-2011, 06:03 PM
Power Poster

I was in the swap for 2 ornaments. I sent out 2 and recieved 2 very nice ornaments.I just wanted to thank my pals for sending them out and in a timely fashion. It really does mean alot.I'm so sorry if anyone didn't recieve them. It really isn't fair. There was plenty of time allowed.Mary
Old 12-08-2011, 07:26 PM

Are we the only 3 left to not get the ornaments? I can live without mine, but people should play fair. Cherrio I don't think you offened anyone, except maybe the ones that did not complete their part of the swap. Owlvamp at least you heard from your second swap partener. I did not even get a thank you for the ornament I sent. I just wish that who ever got my name would at least say they were unable to complete the swap. I am sure I would understand. It's just an ornament, so lets not dwell on what has happened, but go on and continue to do swaps, play fair, and most of all have fun!!!!! And enjoy the holiday season!!!! We know that we were a part of adorning someones elses tree. I do feel that anyone who did not follow through; should not be allowed to do anymore swaps on this board. That's just my opinion.
Old 12-08-2011, 07:38 PM

I agree as well, I didn't get the second ornament, but like you I can live without mine too, no since making someone else stress over getting it done...I'm sure because of the board change had a lot of it happing, so folks just don't want to learn anything new! And moved on, but they could of been considerate and at least PM there partner and let them know they weren't gonna be able to finish this swap!..
Donna

Originally Posted by TOOMANYUFO'S View Post
Are we the only 3 left to not get the ornaments? I can live without mine, but people should play fair. Cherrio I don't think you offened anyone, except maybe the ones that did not complete their part of the swap. Owlvamp at least you heard from your second swap partener. I did not even get a thank you for the ornament I sent. I just wish that who ever got my name would at least say they were unable to complete the swap. I am sure I would understand. It's just an ornament, so lets not dwell on what has happened, but go on and continue to do swaps, play fair, and most of all have fun!!!!! And enjoy the holiday season!!!! We know that we were a part of adorning someones elses tree. I do feel that anyone who did not follow through; should not be allowed to do anymore swaps on this board. That's just my opinion.
Old 12-09-2011, 05:04 AM

So sorry to hear that several people did not receive an ornament. As mentioned, maybe life got in the way, but COMMUNICATE! Doesn't have to be here for everyone to see - a quick pm to Brenda that she could pass along would work.
Old 12-09-2011, 08:49 AM

i certainly hope everyone does have a nice Christmas. I think there were a few of us who did not get something back, but I would bet that Brenda knows who and she will do her best to mediate the situation. I still will do swaps because I know that there are wonderful people just like you that are willing to share and able to take the good with the bad. God willing, we will get our reward when it is just the right time. I truly love swapping with you gals. We will keep the stiff upper lip and move on.
Old 12-09-2011, 05:17 PM

Tried to post pics with no success. Just to let some of the members have hope of getting ornies I didn't have my swap partner names till Nov 9 And one to Australia has not arrived as of yet ! So keep checking it took me 4 days to log into this new board and maybe I was not the only late sender.Now I'm working how to post my ornament pics. Can you tell I am not a computer savy member!!!

Last edited by quilt queen 2; 12-09-2011 at 05:32 PM.