Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: January 2019 to March 2019 Table Runner Swap

Quote Originally Posted by Annaquilts View Post
    I am in! I have some ideas.
    Hi Anna,

Good to have you with us!

Hugs

Caroline
    Caroline

Hi Ladies,

Jessica, Anna, Mary, Sue, Colleen, Julie and Peggy... got you all.

Peggy, can you send me your details again please as I don't have them on my lists.

Could I please ask that everyone except Rosalyn, Marion and Sue PM me and let me know if they can mail internationally this time... Rosalyn, Marion, Sue and I have no option LOL!

Hugs

Caroline
    Caroline

Blog Entries
    I’m ok with international again. -Colleen
    hiding away in my stash where i'm warm, safe and happy

I saw the size posted, but patterns I see run bigger. What are the sizes you prefer?

Quote Originally Posted by Boop56 View Post
    I saw the size posted, but patterns I see run bigger. What are the sizes you prefer?
    I like bigger as my table is very long but some people prefer a different shape all together. I think the size is a suggested minimum.
    Anna Quilts

We have the sub-zero temps here in Ohio also but not quite as bad as some. Right now it is -4 with a windchill of -30. Y'all know what I'll be doing...staying warm and sewing. But, the temp on Monday is supposed to be 50. What the heck is going on with this crazy weather? Yesterday I told the ladies at the Hospice thrift store where I volunteer that I am going back to Florida! Only kidding. Now that I live only 5 minutes from my brother and about 8 minutes from my son, I wouldn't give it up for anything.

Anyone who is experiencing this brutal weather, please stay inside and stay warm. It's even harder on us older ones than it used to be. Old Arthur is not being nice to my hands today.
    Karen

I am not a fabricaholic. I am the curator of an extensive private textile collection.

Klaws, I am native to Ohio. Been here in Florida 15 years. But I came here to be near my daughter's because they moved to here. I was telling my husband I could not imagine living in Ohio in the cold you are experiencing. But then we lived in the middle of corn fields. So there would have been no protection from wind. I cannot even remember if growing up, we ever experienced such cold. Stay in, stay warm, stay safe!
    🧚🏼*♀️🧚🏼*♀️🧚🏼*♀️🧚🏼*♀️🧚🏼*♀️🧚🏼*♀️🧚🏼*♀️🧚🏼*♀️🧚🏼* ♀️
    CarolinePaj.....I sent you a private message. It will be titled mug rug though.

oh lordy, oh lordy, it's minus 40! Seriously folks, what IS with this weather? The whole continent is going crazy! We have to be thankful that we are safe & warm in our homes.

Blog Entries
    Take a trip to Perth , we are having a heat wave, I'm staying indoors with the fan on

cant get over the extremes! -40 to + 40!
    "Good friends are like quilts-they age with you, yet never lose their warmth."

I have to pull out of the swap. I have received text that I have cousins coming for 3 weeks. I haven't seen family in 5 years since when I went home to bury my mother. I will be watching to join in the future. Happy swapping.

Mines almost finished.

Boop56 hope you can join in later. Enjoy your visit. Wow, Marion already. I haven't picked mine out yet.
    Mary

Kind of quiet here. I bet everybody is fast at work on their runners. lol. Boy I need to go start it at least,pick out some fabric or a pattern something. I did finish my sons queen quilt and almost done with my grand-daughters baby quilt. She is due in april. Also made my "fun on the farm" block for this month.
    Mary

Quote Originally Posted by Boop56 View Post
    Hi Boop,

Just so you know for next time - the size posted in the thread are the minimum size required... you are more than welcome to make it bigger.

You can always rejoin right up until the last minute if you find you have some time when the family go home.

Hugs

Caroline
    Caroline

Quote Originally Posted by lawsonmugs View Post
    Kind of quiet here. I bet everybody is fast at work on their runners. lol. Boy I need to go start it at least,pick out some fabric or a pattern something. I did finish my sons queen quilt and almost done with my grand-daughters baby quilt. She is due in april. Also made my "fun on the farm" block for this month.
    Wow Mary,

You have been busy.... I am still trying to settle on a pattern... that said, once I decide I do get a wiggle on!

I am looking forward to seeing how everyone interprets the theme this time!

Hugs

Caroline
    Caroline

Quote Originally Posted by Northern Sue View Post
    oh lordy, oh lordy, it's minus 40! Seriously folks, what IS with this weather? The whole continent is going crazy! We have to be thankful that we are safe & warm in our homes.
    I agree Sue,

I always think how fortunate I am when I see snow and rain and any bad weather here.... I pray for those without homes and those less fortunate that we are.

All you ladies out there in the extreme weather conditions (hot or cold) take care of yourselves.... keep warm in the cold and cool and hydrated in the heat.

Hugs

Caroline
    Caroline

Boop56 - hope we see you next time! I haven't even chosen fabric, patterns or anything! Can't seem to settle on just one idea! lol I have 3 projects on the go - Good Fortune (Bonnie Hunter MQ), Sirius (HollyAnne Knight quilt along) and FMQ online lessons. I swear that FMQ is just going to gel at some point, and I can stop stressing about it! lol

Name:  image.jpeg
Views: 114
Size:  1.39 MBSneak peak ....point of the good luck star and the "stripes" quilting. I'll take it with me when I travel down south next month so I can post it.

I was wondering if everyone will be doing a red, white and blue theme or any color stars and stripes.
    Karen

I am not a fabricaholic. I am the curator of an extensive private textile collection.

I have been working off and on with some RWB star blocks for the past year, so when the theme was announced as stars or stripes I decided to use them in my runner. Otherwise I wouldn't necessarily have chosen red, white and blue, but IMHO you can't really go wrong with those colors

Quote Originally Posted by lawsonmugs View Post
    I need to find batting, quilt it, and bind it.
    Anna Quilts

Well Anna look at you almost finished already. I better get off this computer and get started on mine. Once I start it doesn't take long. Karen you can do whatever color you want. That's what is so good about our swap...not lots of rules.
    Mary

Klaws....mine is Very bright. just didnt show it in the sneak Peak.
    Last edited by QuiltnNan; 04-12-2019 at 03:21 AM. Reason: shouting/ all caps

Gosh you girls are really on the ball this time.

As there is no stipulation on colours.... it's Forrest Gump time (your runner is like a box of chocolates - you never know what your gonna get) LOL LOL.

I am really excited this time... will be working on it this weekend hopefully.

Marion.... love the sneak peak.... that may have to travel a long way - LOL LOL LOL.

Hugs

Caroline
    Caroline

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 ... LastLast