January Mini Quilt Swap

Old 01-11-2015, 03:48 PM
Power Poster

Teresa I like the cute little bear in the corner.

MizMelly that is a pretty sneak peek.
Old 01-12-2015, 01:38 AM

MizMelly,
Ooohhh...I'm so excited!
I haven't mailed yours yet, it's finished, sorta. Meaning it's finished, but I just keep debating a lil extra bling. Are you a "bling gal"?
I love doing applique, and also hand embroidery and embellishments, like on my Mom's crazy quilt that I finally finished. Finally....
This month I threw caution to the wind and your mini is mostly paper pieced. But this "old dog" just keeps wanting to do a lil hand work embellishing on your mini. I apologize for my indecisiveness...

Tlambing,
Love the colors in that quilt.

Tesspug,
That sounds like a terrific decorating idea!

Regards all,
Kif
Old 01-12-2015, 06:44 AM

Hey Kiff,
Embellish away!! Bling is cool!
I'm a bit under the weather today, so looks like your package is going out tomorrow instead of today.

Originally Posted by kiffie2413 View Post
MizMelly,
Ooohhh...I'm so excited!
I haven't mailed yours yet, it's finished, sorta. Meaning it's finished, but I just keep debating a lil extra bling. Are you a "bling gal"?
I love doing applique, and also hand embroidery and embellishments, like on my Mom's crazy quilt that I finally finished. Finally....
This month I threw caution to the wind and your mini is mostly paper pieced. But this "old dog" just keeps wanting to do a lil hand work embellishing on your mini. I apologize for my indecisiveness...

Tlambing,
Love the colors in that quilt.

Tesspug,
That sounds like a terrific decorating idea!

Regards all,
Kif
Old 01-12-2015, 08:08 AM

Since Cuppy posted on the 9th that she recieved her mini,I will post a picture for her of what I sent her
Attached Thumbnails image.jpg  
Old 01-12-2015, 08:21 AM

what a lovely red and pink and white quilt! and the extra gifts are so very much adorable. candy for me?? nope. its ok I need candy like I need a hole in the head. heck I have a hole already sigh. I Know it that is where all the things I need to remember keep falling out.

I got my top done! I want to applique a tiny bit on it but its done. not fancy but pretty colors make up for it. I hope to finish it today but it might be Wed now before its in the mail. lunch with the RED hatters today. ok we call our group the Scarlett hatters group. I am a bit younger than most but they let me in due to my gimpy parts. I am also the President yikes. so speaking in front of people I don't really know is hard for me. wish me luck. rather be home sewing I was looking forward to a day at home with time to sew. sigh. this afternoon might be what I have and I am already fading by them. well as much as I can do I will do to get things done! and be full from a nice lunch at the Historic Irma Hotel. A true piece of the past.
Old 01-12-2015, 08:38 AM

What a beautiful mini letsquilt! Love the goodies too. Cuppy, you're a lucky gal!

I know I'm gonna LOVE everything that is sent this month! I am a red fiend! Keep the beauties coming ladies

I have mine ready to send.....need your address quiltjoey

Old 01-12-2015, 09:21 AM

My Dear Ms. Brat. I will be mailing your package in the next day or two. I can't wait for you to see what I made for you. Here is just a little tease.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]505749[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails jan.-sneek-peak.jpg  
Old 01-12-2015, 10:26 AM

Klaws ,I like the teaser!
Old 01-12-2015, 02:08 PM

Love the mini you made Letsquilt and all of the sneak peeks that are being posted! Ok, I did it again...my mini isn't really a mini anymore, it's 18" square! I guess I am back to the drawing board or my partner will be receiving something a little larger than she may have planned on, sigh. I think I need chocolate...or a cocktail?

Jan
Old 01-12-2015, 02:13 PM

You ladies are going to be very jealous of this little beauty I received today from JuanitaBean. It is beautiful and I love it, got a chocolate treat too. Thank you so much for all the work you put into this, it's fabulous!![ATTACH=CONFIG]505821[/ATTACH]Hope all of you can see all the detail in this[ATTACH=CONFIG]505822[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails 005.jpg   006.jpg