Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
January Pincushion & Needlecase Swap - Sign-ups close on December 31 >

January Pincushion & Needlecase Swap - Sign-ups close on December 31

January Pincushion & Needlecase Swap - Sign-ups close on December 31

Old 01-20-2015, 07:41 PM

Originally Posted by Ladybug 1938 View Post
Found another quilt I made one of my first, all hand quilted, when my hands didn't hurt so bad when I quilt.... This was about 15 years ago.
Added another of my favorites.
Ohmigosh. These are gorgeous! I especially love the last one. Is that called the whigrose? Or am I confusing it with another block pattern. Rosemary you are SO talented!!!
Old 01-21-2015, 04:50 AM

People should be receiving the packages. I want to see some pictures!
Old 01-21-2015, 08:02 AM

I haven't received anything yet, but my pkg is close to the area where mine went. I love it when Priority says "2 day delivery" and a week later it's still on it's way!
Old 01-21-2015, 09:47 AM

You girls and your wee hexie's not a group I am joining I can admire but need to finish way to many UFO's hopefully I will get one or two done this year. Finishing up my PC and plan to mail today so Later.
Old 01-21-2015, 10:25 AM

Rosemary both of your quilts are wonderful. Your hand quilting is awesome. That's one thing that I don't do. I guess I should learn how but I know I am never making a big quilt. CT I really love those tiny hexies. Maybe I'll give it a try. I think that Fiskars has a punch that size. I also make yoyos and here is a doll quilt and the bed it goes on.
Snow again today. I've already been out to shovel twice and debating a third time before I have to pick her up from school. Sick of snow
Everyone have a great day
Attached Thumbnails yoyo-doll-quilt-new-hexie-wall-001.jpg   yoyo-doll-quilt-new-hexie-wall-002.jpg  
Old 01-21-2015, 10:31 AM
Power Poster

Pat, love your tiny yo yos and the quil
wheni was a kid about 8 d tiny working hnds, I made yo os too.they were the size of a wooden spool when I startd and finished up at about 1/2 -3/8". I was a kid remember, and made one of those clowns everyone was making. remember those??? I would love to make one now, but the hands don't want to work on little ones. yours are beautiful! such a pretty bed quilt! I love it!!!
Old 01-21-2015, 02:24 PM

I have one of those clowns. I got it a few years ago at an estate sale. They now have patterns at JoAnn's for them. I thought we'd see some pc pics today. Here's a pic of my newest hexie that I'm working on. 7 big flowers and 10 half ones.
Attached Thumbnails yoyo-doll-quilt-new-hexie-wall-003.jpg  
Old 01-21-2015, 02:47 PM

Wow, Pat, lovely yo-yo quilt! The penny is a great idea to let us know exactly how small the yo-yo's are. Sweet little doll bed! I want to make yo-yo's, too, but right now I have enough on my plate. Just finished the top of a baby quilt & after quilting it will have to get a t-shirt quilt done by the end of April. Yes, I think that's pushing it, but the girl who wants it will be moving out-of-state in May.

Elisabrat, my house is festooned with cows -- black & white ones. When I lived in Ireland, the house we rented was on a farm, & the farmer had 5 cows. Well, actually, 4 bullocks & one little red bull. I thought it was heavenly having the cows there. They liked to gather in front of the huge kitchen window & stare inside! I named them all. I still remember the day the guy came to the farm to turn the little bull into a bullock -- I heard his screams clearly. Eventually they went off to market (or wherever). I did not name their replacements.
Old 01-21-2015, 03:08 PM
Power Poster

Pat, nice work! how big are your hexes?

ctyankee, a bullock is a bull with his bouncies cut off??? and he screamed??? poor little guy.
and they wonder why bulls are mean. cows like to be voyeurs on us people??

thanks for the pictures.
Old 01-21-2015, 04:57 PM

Thanks for all the compliments on my quilts, I won't do anymore that big, but do them about twin size or throw size, putting binding on for two gals this week, hope to have them done by Monday so I can take them to them on Tuesday, have a Ladybug meeting... Love all the pictures of the hexies and yo-yo's. One of the young gals that came with us to the meeting today ( guild) loved the Cathedral Window quilt so will show her how the next time I see her, will make her samples to go by... Will then get her and her sister into the hexies.. LOL NOt sure of the name of that quilt, was my first Applique quilt...