Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
January Pincushion & Needlecase Swap - Sign-ups close on December 31 >

January Pincushion & Needlecase Swap - Sign-ups close on December 31

January Pincushion & Needlecase Swap - Sign-ups close on December 31

Old 01-25-2015, 02:02 PM

Hello Everyone: Y'all are just the kindest, sweetest ladies I know. Thank you for all your concerns, thoughts and prayers regarding this hip situation.
Just a quick update. I had the hip bone injection on Thursday. One of the easiest procedures I've ever gone through.

The doc was the sweetest, kindest one I had in a long time. Only stung with the numbing meds. Didn't feel him hitting the bone! From Thursday til this morning, I have been pain free with no pain meds since Tuesday.

So, dummy me, I thought I would take a short walk, about 5 houses down from me, to see how I was doing. Needless to say the pain came back. Hopefully, resting the hip will help again. It is wonderful to have no pain. Oh, my goodness, my heart goes out to all that are in worse situations than me. I can't imagine what some of the Wounded Warriors are going through. I am such a wimp. Sorry for the pity party.

So no walking at this point but will start water aerobics tomorrow. That hip replacement is looking closer and closer...
Old 01-25-2015, 02:04 PM

I got the Fiskar paper punch at JoAnn's to cut the paper and I just use junk envelopes. At least this way they are the same size.. I got the same thing for the 3/4" hexies. Much easier.
Old 01-25-2015, 02:16 PM

JoAnn so glad that the shot didn't hurt and has relieved the pain. Please take it easy and don't push it.
Old 01-25-2015, 03:25 PM

When you get the hip replacement you will be so thankful. I now live pain free after having both hips replaced. Modern medicine is such a blessing (when it works). Bless you JoAnn.

Pat, oh, a paper punch sounds like it will get me to doing these much quicker. Wow. Thanks.
Old 01-25-2015, 05:14 PM

Originally Posted by nhnative View Post
Each side measures 1/2". I didn't measure it going across the middle but they are almost the size of a penny. They are really cute.
Just ordered my 1" hexie paper cutter from Walmart. That seems like it might be the right size for the tiny penny size hexies. We'll see if I still like teenie tiny!
Old 01-25-2015, 06:19 PM

nhnative -- hubby says we had 5" of snow this morning. We're getting ready for a nor'easter tomorrow afternoon.

Love your hexies, too! I couldn't resist running to my camera & grabbing some coins & hexies for comparison. So, I have three sizes of hexies -- 3/8", 3/4" & 1", from left to right. I also included a dime (same size as the 3/8" size), a penny & a quarter. The 3/4" size, interestingly, is bigger than a quarter!

[ATTACH=CONFIG]507676[/ATTACH]
The way to measure what you or anyone else has is to measure across one straight edge. So one 3/8" hexie has six sides, each measuring 3/8". Same for 3/4" & 1" sizes. These are the only ones I have, & I really love the smaller ones. I started with the 1" size, then kept going down!
Attached Thumbnails img_2157.jpg  
Old 01-25-2015, 08:31 PM

I'm not looking forward to the noreaster either. We are going to be hit hard. Plus gonna have wind up to 55 knots. Tomorrow DH will have to bring the boats into the wharf and ground them out. The storm will go from late monday thru wednesday. My furnace is running steady and my living room is only 68 and the kitchenis 60. I am glad oil prices are down.
Old 01-26-2015, 03:53 AM

Yes, we're in the wake of that blizzard, too. I saw the map earlier & the storm will blast through CT on its way to you, Dwina. It will start here around noon but really get heavy & nasty early evening through Wednesday. Up to 15-30" of snow. We're supposed to get gusts up to 45 mph, they say.I still love snow -- but not the shoveling of it! I do worry about people who have to shovel like we do. And my DH is one of those guys who shovels for everybody else in the neighborhood & I think that's too much -- we're not in our 20s anymore, I tell him. And traveling will be near impossible tomorrow. I worry about that, too, because on a good day, my hubby has a 1-hour drive time just to get to work. And my job just expects you to show up anyway because they don't believe in canceling anything. If I don't go in tomorrow, it will be a first -- & I'm considering it!

Everybody, stay safe & warm!
Old 01-26-2015, 06:28 AM

I want to say this, in fact I really need to say this... ANY of YOU who are in the NE area and will be affected by the coming weather PLEASE PLEASE stay home, don't risk YOUR life or that of ANOTHER by being out in it and hindering those who are trying to do there best to keep streets and roads as free from snow as possible... There is nothing so important ( unless you are police or medical people) that you need to risk your life... I will be praying for you all and please check in throughout the day tomorrow to let us know what is happening... I have family living in the area and am sure they will Honker down as they say, till it's over... Love all of you and don't want to hear of something bad happening... Off my SOAP BOX once again...
Old 01-26-2015, 06:42 AM

Originally Posted by SewExtremeSeams View Post
Just ordered my 1" hexie paper cutter from Walmart. That seems like it might be the right size for the tiny penny size hexies. We'll see if I still like teenie tiny!
I think that your 1" will not be the smallest one. The ones on the left on CT's pic are the small ones that I made. The 1" ones are way to the right.