Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
January Pincushion & Needlecase Swap - Sign-ups close on December 31 >

January Pincushion & Needlecase Swap - Sign-ups close on December 31

January Pincushion & Needlecase Swap - Sign-ups close on December 31

Old 01-26-2015, 04:24 PM

Nice pc's & nc's! I was thinking about a turtle pincushion, but I'm not at all sure I can pull it off! That's a very nice swap package, & so is the one with the sewing machine on the covers! Everyone is doing a wonderful job -- & isn't it amazing how different each package is???
Old 01-26-2015, 04:36 PM

The latest on the weather here in CT is that we're expecting up to 36 inches of snow with winds up to 55 mph.

I remember that blizzard of 1978 very well. I was in college & the state closed the highways. However, I remember thinking that I paid a lot of money for my education & by golly I was going to school! So I hopped in my little Gremlin (remember those -- no wheel drive vehicles) & I drove around the concrete barrier to enter onto the highway & off I went to school, 40 minutes away on a good day. The college I attended that freshman year was populated mostly by dorm students, but the only people who showed up in the classrooms were the commuters. Then, on my way back home after classes, I decided to pop in to the factory where I worked 2nd shift to see what was going on. (Remember, no cell phones in those days!) The only person there was the foreman, but he figured since I was there, I might as well get to work. So I worked my shift & then finally got to go home. The people I worked with were not happy because they thought they'd get paid for staying home -- but I showed up for work instead. And although the state was closed for 3 days, I still went to school (as a full-time college student) & work (as a full-timer) those 3 days. And I've never missed work or school for any blizzard.

However, I like to think I'm wiser now, & I know that I would not want my kids or anybody else on the road. I just wish my employer felt the same way!

Everybody, take care & be safe.
Old 01-26-2015, 04:56 PM

Lynnie Sorry to hear you have the flu, take care of yourself and rest is the best thing for it... Lots of liquids also, you need to keep hydrated...
Here is a few pictures of a Get well package from Lynnie....
Attached Thumbnails img_1492.jpg   img_1493.jpg   img_1494.jpg   img_1495.jpg   img_1496.jpg  

Old 01-26-2015, 04:57 PM

Just love love the colors and have it all packed with my Hexies and material , thread and all that stuff to take along and sew....
Old 01-26-2015, 06:03 PM

Nice lighthouse picture, very pretty.Lynnie hoping and praying for you to have a speedy recovery. I really like those rolled cases that Lynnie makes. The turtle is so cute. Guess I'll go to bed early, not sure what I'll be facing tomorrow.
Old 01-26-2015, 06:30 PM
Power Poster

Mary that is a very pretty pincushion and needle book you made. I like the little sewing machines, and your pretty wrapped candy and hot chocolate. Everything is so pretty as usual.
Old 01-26-2015, 06:36 PM

Well the post was sure fast! I mailed that squishy on Saturday nice it go there before the weather. I managed to get out and do somethings in my studio today. I will be glad when it warms up some. ctyankee that little turtle is very easy to make his main body is a large canning jar lid and ring. Then drew up a head and tail with legs to sew in before pushing the lid inside the ring. I plan on making more of him since he was so much fun. lynnie what a pretty thread and needle holder you made I need to try making one of those.
Old 01-26-2015, 06:52 PM

Ladybug -- great little needle case! And I see the tiny ladybug button inside! Sweet package!

Roserips -- I'll take your word for it! If I manage to hunt down a canning jar lid/ring, I may venture forth & give it a try. I have a friend who collects turtles (not real ones!) & she would love it!
Old 01-26-2015, 06:56 PM

Well the post was sure fast! I mailed that squishy on Saturday nice it go there before the weather. I managed to get out and do somethings in my studio today. I will be glad when it warms up some. ctyankee that little turtle is very easy to make his main body is a large canning jar lid and ring. Then drew up a head and tail with legs to sew in before pushing the lid inside the ring. I plan on making more of him since he was so much fun. lynnie what a pretty thread and needle holder you made I need to try making one of those.
Old 01-27-2015, 07:27 AM
Power Poster

Sis, love the needlecase. The fancy stitches are so pretty with the aqua. I noticed the little ladybug too. Cute.