Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
January Pincushion/Needlecase Swap - Theme is Valentines Day >

January Pincushion/Needlecase Swap - Theme is Valentines Day

January Pincushion/Needlecase Swap - Theme is Valentines Day

Old 01-16-2016, 02:53 PM

I received a wonderful package from Jaba! I just adore everything! Red is my color. Thank you Jan.
I also received along with my pincushion/thread catcher and needlecase......a pair of chop sticks for pushing out those corners, a gemmed Stiletto, 2 decorative pins and a heart bouquet of suckers. Thanks so much my Valentine Jan!
[ATTACH=CONFIG]540317[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails image.jpeg  
Old 01-16-2016, 04:23 PM

Really pretty swap package.. I'd participate in different kinds of swaps, as long as it's something I enjoy making...Also keeping the extra's to a minimum ( I know I sometimes overdo) is a good idea and perhaps more people will participate...
Old 01-16-2016, 04:54 PM
Power Poster

Teresa, Love the black and red together so pretty and Sexy...LOL Even a heart button. I use chop sticks for getting the fiberfill in items. It gets it in the corners really well. I was just thinking today a swap of a different Item each time would be fun. Like you said a coin purse, potholder,candle mat etc. The board had the "? of the month". ( sorry can't remember the first word" Anyway it was just a make it and post pictures. Everyone made the same item only you kept it. That was fun. I don't think it is going anymore. I think making items for someone else is more fun.I'm in and will help you if I can. I 'm not that computer literate to do it on my own. Thanks for offering to run it. Mary
Old 01-16-2016, 05:28 PM

Glad you like it Teresa, I love making these. I did remember dark red is one of your favorite colors so my fabric worked for you.
I think a "project" of the month would be great! Just need to remember us "tiny" town people that have to drive 100 miles one way to get special supplies ( like coin purse metal). New idea's and new items awesome!!!
Old 01-16-2016, 05:39 PM

Originally Posted by Ladybug 1938 View Post
Really pretty swap package.. I'd participate in different kinds of swaps, as long as it's something I enjoy making...Also keeping the extra's to a minimum ( I know I sometimes overdo) is a good idea and perhaps more people will participate...
I am afraid that I am guilty, too, of over over-doing swaps. For me, it is just a way (and excuse) to love on a quilting friend.

I hate to think that I might contribute to someone deciding not participate! I think if it is a real concern, having it in the guidelines might help temper the generosity of us quilters. lol!

I'll try to keep that in mind for my next swap(s).
Old 01-16-2016, 05:44 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by tlambing View Post
What about changing up what's traded each month? All small items. Maybe pot holders, zipper pouches, pincushions, needle cases, table mats (small), bowls, ornaments..... The list could go on and on.
I don't mind hosting swaps however, there are a couple of stipulations to that. I do not like to have "angels", I appreciate the thought and stepping up from the kind folks out there but, I think it can get out of hand. I have no problem leaving bad feedback and blocking from participation those that do not follow through without cause. Also, I appreciate we are all givers, but I like to keep the added goodies down to a minimum. I have noticed that there are quite a few folks that won't participate in a swap because they are intimidated by all of the extra stuff.
Let me know if this might be something you folks are interested in......
I personally love all the extra goodies from post cards, hand written notes, a fat quarter, a book the sender is done with to candy. At the same time I am fine if people only send the item they are supposed to. I noticed that the two swaps I got out of country, not from this swap, where on the smaller side and had no extras. I might do that in the future when sending to another country just to keep the cost down on shipping but here in the USA I can add items without it affecting shipping cost so I can not resist. I think it doesn't matter as long as people full fill their obligation.
Old 01-16-2016, 05:46 PM
Power Poster

Jan that was it !! Project of the month !! Thank You. lol. When we pick a project it doesn't have to be a certain type. Such as coin purse. Could be a snap, zipper or metal frame etc. That is what the surprise would be not knowing till it arrives. Sometimes I get carried away too.....
Old 01-16-2016, 06:32 PM

You guys are great! Love the support for quilty fun! If we do this, we could make a list of fun little projects.

Im doing an ugly, bad quality purge of fabrics today. I just weighed the bag, 25 lbs! Most I have had for yrs and yrs things I bought when I first started quilting, before I knew about "quality" and not to just buy ANYTHING that struck my fancy, hahaha Feeling skinnier already!
Old 01-16-2016, 07:20 PM

I have done the same thing TL, donated it all to the secondhand store Was turning shades of red when I stuffed those boxes....what was I thinking??? apparently nothing...just buy....
Old 01-17-2016, 09:58 AM

Project of the Month sounds enticing! That will "force" some of us out of our respective boxes, which can only be a good thing -- to make something one has not made in the past. I can see possibilities. Its a very exciting idea!