Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 6 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: January POM Swap

January POM Swap

~January~
    Project of the Month
    Mail by January 31st

This months project … “A Folded Star”

We will be making an “Amish” Star/or other variety of folded fabric star. This needs to be potholder size. Or, if you're going smaller than that, you must make 2.
    There are no precise directions. I only ask that your finished project be something that you would be excited to receive and that you put that little bit of extra love that you usually put into your POM’s

If you’d like to join, please send a pm to me tlambing and include the following

Real Name
    Phone #
    Email address
    Can you swap Internationally?

Sign ups will be open until Monday January 2nd. Names out soon after. You will have until January 31st to mail your project.

I’d really like to keep this about the project, so I am going to ask that we not send extra goodies. This will help to keep postage down as well as helping us not feel an obligation to shower our partner with gifts. If you feel you must do something extra, how about writing a poem or drawing a picture or sharing a joke or even a recipe? I bet you can think of something!
    As soon as names are given, please contact your partner right away.
    Please contact me asap if you are having trouble getting in contact.
    Please continue to post on the thread throughout the swap. Let everyone know of your progress, post sneak peeks and encourage other swappers. It’s so much fun seeing everyones progress and sharing in our quilting friendship.
    I ask that you let me know when you send your project and when you receive from your partner.
    Any swapper that does not follow through with their obligation to the swap will be banned from future swaps and will receive negative (swap) feedback.

****Please make sure to read the general rules that apply to all swaps here on the quilting board****
    Last edited by QuiltnNan; 12-30-2016 at 04:53 AM. Reason: remove extra blank lines that cause so much scrolling

Woohoo January POM... I am in....
    Last edited by QuiltnNan; 12-30-2016 at 04:54 AM. Reason: remove shouting/ all CAPS
    catsnquiltsgotogether

I've never made one. I'll have to check this out. It sounds like fun. I always like learning something new. Is it a block to be used as the receiver wants or is it a pot holder? Merry Christmas everybody.
    Mary

Blog Entries
    Mary, it think it's to be a potholder. I have to wait till tomorrow to signup. sounds like fun, will have to look it up. never did it.

is it OUR choice of color?
    put off till tomorrow what you can do today, and if you procrastinate long enough, you may never have to do it.

Blog Entries
    Just went on to youtube.
    the guy with the pudgy fingers and never has an iron did the tute.
    it was pretty easy, I'd say good enough for a beginner. I'd go to the tute
    if you've never done it before. Cut your fabric and have it pressed as he states.
    it looks like after you've made one of these, you'll make more.
    he did use a layer of insulabright. i don't know where he is, he said it was about
    $2-3/yd. it's about $8.99/yd here. he says it's optional also. I'd use one layer though.
    have fun, good luck.
    put off till tomorrow what you can do today, and if you procrastinate long enough, you may never have to do it.

Thanks Lynnie
    Mary

Ok I checked out the no iron guys tute. I have made them. I made a couple of hot matts. Is this to be a finished project? It sounds like just make the block and send it unfinished. Sorry I usual have myself together better than this. lol. I'm in sending my info Teresa.
    Mary

I am in on this one also. Goo way to use up scraps
    Nelda
    Become a Legend
    Be an Organ Doner

Blog Entries
    it's to be a finished potholder. or 2 coasters

Wyoming in the summer, Florida in the winter
    Blog Entries
    I'm in, sending pm to TL now. I'm thinking spring colors or maybe a Valentine one. Surprise surprise....

Quote Originally Posted by lynnie View Post
    it's to be a finished potholder. or 2 coasters
    That's what I thought but the first page only said to make it pot holder size or make 2 if making it smaller. Thanks Lynnie. Gonna try to start mine tomorrow.
    Mary

Count me in...I've done these before and they are fun!

Blog Entries
    i want to start mine before i sign up.
    i'll go dig up fabric later. I need 3-4 co-ordinating fabrics.

Oh my. I started mine today. It has a lot of cutting and folding and ironing. I don't know how that boy does it without a iron. I have my mini iron I used. I'll have to take a picture of the one I made several years ago . It's a Christmas trivet.
    Mary

Look at you gals gettin into this. I have never made one before, so will be a learning experience for me too!

Have no idea what colors I'm gonna use....How about you?

I went with a spring/summer kinda theme as far as colors . I think I'm tired of fall and winter colors for now. Hope who ever's name I get likes that color scheme.
    Mary

Wyoming in the summer, Florida in the winter
    Blog Entries
    I went with spring/summer also.

This is the one I made many years ago. It has been washed many times and is not in very good shape anymore. It will give people an idea of what we are making. I had no instructions to make it then. As you can see it looks rough.lol. When I get mine from this swap I will swap it out. I've learned so much from this board. I never even knew what this was called till I looked up what this swap was. Ya learn something new everyday. Have a great day.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Mary

Blog Entries
    i was thinking maybe greens and blues, but i still have to go digging for some treasures.
    Mary, how does the guy do it with his fingers and not use an iron? I NEED to use an iron.

I don't know. I couldn't do without a iron. I finished mine today. It's about 9 inches and yellow/blue. I did forget to put some batting in it. Not going to take it all apart though. It's heavy enough for a trivet at least.
    Mary

There are a couple of ways to make this pattern. This is one I made several years ago. Name:  IMG_0178.JPG
Views: 174
Size:  1.11 MB

That's how I did mine this time too. Yours is very pretty. Thanks for posting.
    Mary

Blog Entries
    very pretty, the sunset one! thanks for sharing yours with us.

have all my sq ironed and ready to sew on foundation.
    Nelda
    Become a Legend
    Be an Organ Doner

I just finished my December mini and you guys are already on to the Jan. POM. Ugh! I can't keep up

Page 1 of 6 1 2 ... LastLast