Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
January secret Pal Sign Up Closes Dec 30th (noon) >

January secret Pal Sign Up Closes Dec 30th (noon)

January secret Pal Sign Up Closes Dec 30th (noon)

Old 01-14-2012, 10:15 AM

Good Morning ya'll! Hope everyone is having a great Saturday! It looks beautiful outside but believe or not we set a record low in my little town it was 20 degrees. Yes I live in sunny Fla! Too bad we can't get alittle of the white stuff to go with the cold temps! Its supposed to be in the 50's today though. Just got back from the PO mailing my SP her goodies, (should be there on Tuesday) it looked like it was Christmas again! The line was out the door! They said they guessed because they would be closed on Monday. SP hint, its going way North of me, she likes purple, has some furbabies and likes chocolate! Have a great day everyone!
Old 01-14-2012, 10:26 AM

Hey Darlene, I live in Panama City and when we watch the weather on the local news if it's cold it is always the coldest in Crestview and if it's hot it is always hottest in Crestview. I don't know what's going on in Crestview but I think you guys should figure out something to be best at other than the weather, coldest, hottest. You are sending yours off today and I recieved mine today, some lovely reds and luscious dark chocolate, also the cutest pattern.
Old 01-14-2012, 10:32 AM

Recieved my "Secret Pal" package this morning from "CreateQuilt" I loved everything in it. Always love the magazines and patterns. The Dark Chocolate is just yummy, my favorite and the red fat quarters just wonderful. I love red and white quilts and redwork so I can never have enough reds. Just wonderful, Thank You. Can't wait for next month to do this all over again, so much fun putting things together for someone else and getting a nice surprise of your own. Every one have a wonderful day.
Old 01-14-2012, 10:44 AM

Thanks Mary, These were my first attempt at using a pattern. My Girls loved them.
Old 01-14-2012, 10:56 AM

Sooo SP your package was delivered yesterday around 1pm!!!! did you get it yet???
Old 01-14-2012, 11:26 AM

Originally Posted by sweetwaterquilter View Post
Hey Darlene, I live in Panama City and when we watch the weather on the local news if it's cold it is always the coldest in Crestview and if it's hot it is always hottest in Crestview. I don't know what's going on in Crestview but I think you guys should figure out something to be best at other than the weather, coldest, hottest. You are sending yours off today and I recieved mine today, some lovely reds and luscious dark chocolate, also the cutest pattern.
Hey Sweetwaterquilter, You're right about that its always the coldest and the hottest here. We live out in the country and it seems like we're always a couple of degrees colder than they say. Have you been to Quilting by the Bay? I haven't been yet but would like to go. My Dad is from Wewahitchka, do you know where that is? Pretty close to you. I'll have to pm you and maybe meet sometime. Hope you have a great weekend.
Old 01-14-2012, 12:04 PM

That quilt card is really handy to have. I don't have anything like that. My mom and her twin sister are wanting to use it because they want to make a quilt, but they don't want to make it as big as the pattern calls for and they don't have any other size listed on the pattern, but for a king size quilt. They don't want to make a king size quilt because its going on my cousin who died in 2009 on her bed and a king size quilt would be to big for her bed. My mom asked me to get the card out because they need to use it to make a smaller quilt.

I love those socks too, because I have to sleep at night with socks on my feet because of my RA in my feet and they just happen to match the colors of the pajamas my mom got me for Christmas.

Thanks you very much. I loved everything!

Originally Posted by Quilty-Louise View Post
I had Juli as one of my sp's.

She was unable to post pictures so she emailed the pictures
to me so I could post them for her.

One of the things she said she liked was Lucille Ball, and I
just happen to have some fabric, so I sent it to her. Plus lots
of other fabrics and goodies.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]303024[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]303025[/ATTACH]

Last edited by Juli; 01-14-2012 at 12:06 PM.
Old 01-14-2012, 12:05 PM

Don't forget to let your hostess know when you mail and when you receive so that you can be in the swap next month!
Old 01-14-2012, 12:21 PM

Default I Got It!

Wow, Sheila-in Erie knows how cold it can get in Penna. She sent me this wonderful fleece blanket to keep me warm. Plus some thread, a calendar, a very cool snowman handtowel and a pattern to make machine covers (something I really do need), and organizers. Thanks so much Sheila, I'll be dreaming of my next project under that cool blanket.
Attached Thumbnails jansp.jpg  
Old 01-14-2012, 12:42 PM

Cool Thank you Moortll

Finally made it to the post office to pick up my SP surprise. Thank you so much Mooretll. This is my first time posting in the new format so hope I can add a picture of all my goodies. She sent me some yummy smelling body lotion and a candle, Quiltmaker magazine, (love magazines) a pkg of 5" squares, 2 FQ, 2 spools of thread, some great old buttons, labels that say made as specially for you, compass, measure tape, 1/4" quilters tape AND a tote bag made from fringed squares. What a great idea. I have always wanted to try that fringing but wasn't sure I wanted to do a quilt. Now I can try it on a bag. Oh, and did I say I LOVE tote bags. Thanks again, I was lucky to have such a crafty SP.
Attached Thumbnails img_0738.jpg