Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
January secret Pal Sign Up Closes Dec 30th (noon) >

January secret Pal Sign Up Closes Dec 30th (noon)

January secret Pal Sign Up Closes Dec 30th (noon)

Old 12-29-2011, 03:56 PM

Oh my!!! I almost missed this. What was I thinking? Hee Hee, I guess I wasn't thinking. I love this swap. Glad I made it in time.
Old 12-29-2011, 04:35 PM

Mary, cute tool belt! Dianne Lynn love the placemat and I agree those fabrics are harder to constrain but nice job! Kyrstyna you are one busy woman! I am off for the next five days and really need to organize and get sewing!
Old 12-29-2011, 04:42 PM

Originally Posted by leiladylei54 View Post
It might be difficult to work on...but it is beautiful. You did a terrific job!!!
Beautiful colors and so elegant...
Old 12-29-2011, 04:47 PM

Originally Posted by mscupid804 View Post
Yea I saw that on the website.....what's wrong with them? We do have a store here I could get them from if they're worth it.
Teresa I have been using them for a year and once in awhile one seems dull, I found that if you turn them around in your cutter they work better and another thing, if they still don't cut right use it to cut through about 8 layers of fabric... think there is some kind of finish on them, they are used to cut carpet... The Harbor Freight stores sometimes have them on sale for $1.50...
Old 12-29-2011, 05:05 PM

Thank you all for the kind words about the placemats ..I sure hope they are for show because if you get a stain on them, its going to be difficult to get them out..Guess what I am also working on??? Its going to be a surprise for my SP ..Can't tell you all what it is..but will say its something I always wanted to try and its my first one ever ..Diana
Old 12-29-2011, 06:14 PM

Welcome Melissa and Gail, and all the other newbies. You are going to have so much fun doing the swap.

Mary I hope that you will be able to play with us this month. Do you want me to send you some of my brain cells?

Hey it looks like I am going to have some company here in AZ for the swap now. Welcome Maggy.

Louise I love the snow balls. Can I keep them? They are so cute. Can't wait to see your sleigh and 9 reindeer.

Juli something went out in the mail to you today, so keep any eye out. I would love a copy the pincushion patterns. I will pm you my email addy.

Louise as far as rulers go I have a little bit of all the name brands. I also like the specialty rulers. Yes to panels. I have some of that glow line tape but have not tried it yet. I am a gaget/notion person when I can afford it. I would love scraps with or with out fusible on it. I really want to make a scrap quilt some day. Good luck on the downsizing.

Mary the tool belt is super cute.

Other Mary it's not just you. I seem to be trimming my rulers also. It's heck on the blades also.

Hi Kris. Yes I doing ok now. It was a very rough couple of days. I am back for January's swap.

I'm really hoping to do some sewing this weekend. I haven't done any since I got my machine back except to try it out. I really miss it.
Old 12-29-2011, 09:41 PM

Smile

HEY QB. friends: thanks for the comments on the Harbor freight blades. I live near a HF and have wondered if the blades were worth buying and trying. I do have an old cutting board set aside for tasks that I don't want to use my good CB for. It is a fun place to wander around and they know quilters/sewers buy their products and are amazed what we tell them what we are buying for! ( P.S. DO NOT put an old cutting board in a window to block out the sun HAHAHA.... i did last summer and forgot the heat warped it a good one!! Just plain ole wasn't thinking!) HAPPY NEW YEAR :-)

Last edited by Jan Rutherford; 12-29-2011 at 09:45 PM.
Old 12-29-2011, 11:24 PM

I picked up a couple of neat things for swap packages at Tuesday Morning today. They have precut fabric, sewing/knitting items and books (sewing, quilting, knitting, crochet, beading, craft books). If you have one of these stores around you, it's worth a look-see.
Old 12-30-2011, 06:27 AM
Power Poster

Hi Robyn glad your back. Good morning everyone ! Mary
Old 12-30-2011, 06:27 AM

Originally Posted by Jan Rutherford View Post
HEY QB. friends: thanks for the comments on the Harbor freight blades. I live near a HF and have wondered if the blades were worth buying and trying. I do have an old cutting board set aside for tasks that I don't want to use my good CB for. It is a fun place to wander around and they know quilters/sewers buy their products and are amazed what we tell them what we are buying for! ( P.S. DO NOT put an old cutting board in a window to block out the sun HAHAHA.... i did last summer and forgot the heat warped it a good one!! Just plain ole wasn't thinking!) HAPPY NEW YEAR :-)
I just tested the HF blade out and they cut just fine so I don't know what bad luck others are having with them. I probably will not use it to cut my most expensive fabric but as for all others, I will use it.