Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
January secret Pal Sign Up Closes Dec 30th (noon) >

January secret Pal Sign Up Closes Dec 30th (noon)

January secret Pal Sign Up Closes Dec 30th (noon)

Old 01-02-2012, 03:51 PM

Originally Posted by brenda21 View Post
Ok that counts out Texas
Also lets out North Carolina.... :-(
Old 01-02-2012, 04:33 PM

It must be me! Ohio has 88 counties, and I like fabric!

Originally Posted by greenini View Post
I rolled in from Williamsburg today after 2 full days on the road and what to my eyes appears but my SP name in a PM from the hostess with the mostess, Lori P!!!!!!!!

We had gone to bed about 10 pm and the fireworks woke us up at midnite, I think we only missed 3 shells, nice way to ring in the New Year and Happy New Year to y'all.

Ray spent the entire trip asleep in my lap and just as we got home he wet my leg...I do wish he would use the box we provide him wether in the car or the van.

Now, my SP's most favorite fabric is one I like too, and she lives in a state where I grew up and in 8th grade I had to memorize all 88 counties...and she hasn't posted too much on this thread this month...tttthhhattt's all folks......
Old 01-02-2012, 04:48 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by greenini View Post
I rolled in from Williamsburg today after 2 full days on the road and what to my eyes appears but my SP name in a PM from the hostess with the mostess, Lori P!!!!!!!!

We had gone to bed about 10 pm and the fireworks woke us up at midnite, I think we only missed 3 shells, nice way to ring in the New Year and Happy New Year to y'all.

Ray spent the entire trip asleep in my lap and just as we got home he wet my leg...I do wish he would use the box we provide him wether in the car or the van.

Now, my SP's most favorite fabric is one I like too, and she lives in a state where I grew up and in 8th grade I had to memorize all 88 counties...and she hasn't posted too much on this thread this month...tttthhhattt's all folks......
I take it Ray is your cat. Not your hubby. Mary
Old 01-02-2012, 04:49 PM

Originally Posted by Airwick156 View Post
I FINALLY got Charles to make something for his secret pal. NOW this was no easy task as this is how he thinks...NO MEN SEW!!! Paphooey.....MEN DO SEW....and so I had to "bribe" him persay to get him to sew ANYTHING. But I do think he did enjoy it but WON'T admit it. LOL. Anyways the "bribe" I had to do was...If he doesn't make his secret pal something...by hand or machine....that he wouldn't be allowed to participate in the secret pal swap anymore. NO I DID NOT tell him that it was in the rules (its not in the rules is it? And I missed it?) but that everyone likes to get something homemade. And so he grumbled and grumbled loud. I pulled out some fabric and set it in front of him and said here pick something out and I will teach you how to make pot holders and that they are really easy to do. So after MORE grumbling...and I DONT WANT TO DO THE SWAP ANYMORE....if I have to sew. LOLOL This is what fabric he chose...So to the person that lives WAYYYYYYYYYY WAYYYYYYYYYYY far East, I hope that you like his potholders. He chose the halloween fabric out of all the fabrics I showed him....but it really didn't surprise me. So I hope that you like them and will use them. And heres another hint to his secret pal....You said you were still thinking about your least favorite candy...so he tossed in some Hot tamales. LOL And your zipcode adds up to 25. Your package gets mailed out on Tuesday.
Neat Charles, beautiful Pot holders...
Old 01-02-2012, 04:50 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by thomp116 View Post
Hey, I have first dibs!!! I keep bugging Sheila that she hasn't made ME a quilt yet, so I should get the fabrics from her to do my own! Probably shouldn't have said that.......she'll give me some fabric and say "have at it!"
Thank you Sheila. Thomp sounds like maybe enough for both of us.
Old 01-02-2012, 04:52 PM
Power Poster

Airwick Charles did a wonderful job on the pot holders.
Old 01-02-2012, 05:25 PM

Originally Posted by lawsonmugs View Post
Thank you Sheila. Thomp sounds like maybe enough for both of us.
Thompson just might be surprised someday! Her and walk-n-roll have been picking on me because I have made so many quilts for family. Their argument is that I see them more often then my family( they all live in different states) so they should get a quilt too! They are both very experienced, talented, creative ladies and I am just a beginner- actually Kris (Thomp116) is the one that got me started quilting, she is my teacher, mentor and friend. My argument is that my quilts are so simple and basic that I don't feel I am on a level to make them one yet. Someday!
Old 01-02-2012, 07:24 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by Sheila-in Erie View Post
Thompson just might be surprised someday! Her and walk-n-roll have been picking on me because I have made so many quilts for family. Their argument is that I see them more often then my family( they all live in different states) so they should get a quilt too! They are both very experienced, talented, creative ladies and I am just a beginner- actually Kris (Thomp116) is the one that got me started quilting, she is my teacher, mentor and friend. My argument is that my quilts are so simple and basic that I don't feel I am on a level to make them one yet. Someday!
That's cute.
Old 01-02-2012, 07:25 PM

Charles the pot holders are beautiful. You did a great job and I love the fabric.
Old 01-02-2012, 08:33 PM

whomever has my name, can you please raise your hand or let me know? i needed to change/add/modify/double check (whatever) something or another on my info sheet and it completely slipped my mind.

don't be shy about it, just stand up, raise your hand or post a note. i will be watching.

Last edited by Havplenty; 01-02-2012 at 08:36 PM.