Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
January secret Pal Sign Up Closes Dec 30th (noon) >

January secret Pal Sign Up Closes Dec 30th (noon)

January secret Pal Sign Up Closes Dec 30th (noon)

Old 01-10-2012, 09:18 AM

Thank you Robyn for posting on the thread that you received my package. I'm glad you enjoyed the package....it's always fun to build a package and glad when it's received with such joy. It's always good for everyone to know that someone has received a package with it's contents listed. Sometimes even though we get a PM but nothing is posted on the thread, the rest of the swappers like to know what people are sending even if it's a list. I know meandering through the new site is difficult as well as some do not have a digital or cell phone camera to post....but I always like the idea that others see or can read what was received. I know it certainly helps me to know my swap partners for future swaps (in case I get them). I know I can use all the help I can to know and understand my partner....I check the swap sites, read their posts, see what kind of pictures or posts they have on the different categories, too. I just like to know my swap partner better when I build my boxes for them. So thank you Robyn for posting a thank you. I really do appreciate it and I'm sure others do, too.
Old 01-10-2012, 09:36 AM

Originally Posted by Krystyna View Post
YAY! Another one for me!
Krystyna, you are too funny
Old 01-10-2012, 09:47 AM

Everyone is receiving such wonderful packages! I can't wait for my SP to receive hers and am anxiously awaiting mine
Old 01-10-2012, 09:58 AM

so i just mailed off my SP package to a woman who is1,604 miles away from me and is having a oddly cold day at only 43 degrees but tomorrow is my perfect temp at around 67 degrees!!!!! and she has lots of yummy tea's and herfavorite candy included and her state has an "E" in it!!!! and i dont know what else to say that might give her away completely!!!!!
Old 01-10-2012, 10:23 AM

really nice packages everyone. i ordered things for both of my secret pals and neither package has arrived yet and i am still waiting with bated breath. i may need to make more handmade things just in case the stuff does not arrive in time.

Last edited by Havplenty; 01-10-2012 at 10:27 AM.
Old 01-10-2012, 10:24 AM

Lori if you have cataracts and they want to do surgery..go for it..I had very bad premature cataracts and they did surgery and its like having brand new eyesight..About the only time I need glasses is to read very fine print..Diana

Originally Posted by Lori Peercy View Post
My eyes ae getting so bad, i have an appointment on the 18th with cataract Dr.
Old 01-10-2012, 10:45 AM

Originally Posted by leiladylei54 View Post
Thank you Robyn for posting on the thread that you received my package. I'm glad you enjoyed the package....it's always fun to build a package and glad when it's received with such joy. It's always good for everyone to know that someone has received a package with it's contents listed. Sometimes even though we get a PM but nothing is posted on the thread, the rest of the swappers like to know what people are sending even if it's a list. I know meandering through the new site is difficult as well as some do not have a digital or cell phone camera to post....but I always like the idea that others see or can read what was received. I know it certainly helps me to know my swap partners for future swaps (in case I get them). I know I can use all the help I can to know and understand my partner....I check the swap sites, read their posts, see what kind of pictures or posts they have on the different categories, too. I just like to know my swap partner better when I build my boxes for them. So thank you Robyn for posting a thank you. I really do appreciate it and I'm sure others do, too.
Well said... thanks!
Old 01-10-2012, 10:52 AM

One of my SPs pkg was delivered yesterday....I haven't heard from her so I hope she got it ok.
Old 01-10-2012, 11:33 AM

Originally Posted by leiladylei54 View Post
... It's always good for everyone to know that someone has received a package with it's contents listed. ...the rest of the swappers like to know what people are sending even if it's a list.
this topic has been discussed several times for this as well as other swaps. no matter how many times it gets discussed, there will only be so many who will post public thank you's or pictures and there will be many others who will not post either. to continue to keep swapping fun for me, i have released my expectations of public acknowledgement and as long as my swap pal sends me a pm (which sometimes can be like pulling teeth) of receipt i decided will be happy.

i realize it is not possible for me to require others to wear my expectations so for happiness sake, i stopped trying. lori is doing her best to make sure the required pm's are sent and i'm grateful for that. sometimes you may not hear anything and be left wondering. as to the packages i mail out i try to send things i think my swap partners will like(with help doing all the same research post methods) realizing that how i "see" things with my eyes may not be the same that they "see" with theirs. and even that should not be a problem because there is always the art of regifting or collecting. i am less a collector than a regifter and i encourage my swap partners to feel the freedom to regift things i send without fear of hurt feelings.
Old 01-10-2012, 11:35 AM

hey teresa did you get my address correct? sometimes my p.o. takes a day to get me my packages and i was there yesterday. i will check again tomorrow, okay????

Originally Posted by mscupid804 View Post
One of my SPs pkg was delivered yesterday....I haven't heard from her so I hope she got it ok.