Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: January Secret Pal Swap-Signups close Dec. 31 at midnight. Come join the fun!

Quote Originally Posted by Gaijin View Post
    So happy to come home from a long day to a big fat bundle from Annaquilts!
    Pillowcase kit
    fabrics
    candy
    safety pin covers
    templates
    patterns
    needles
    embroidery floss
    and more...
    Thank you so very much!

Deborah (Gaijin)
    I am glad it is to your liking. I had fun putting it together for you. Enjoy!
    Anna Quilts

I received a very stuffed SP from Kwyltaholic (Linda) today. I love everything Thank you Linda. I can’t seem to get the photo to upload so I will list what I received.

6 beautiful batik fat quarters, I love the batik fabrics.
    2 awesome wind chimes
    2 pair of very soft socks, Linda how did you know it is 37 degrees here today.
    fragrance sachet, I think I am going to put it in my car
    tea and cocoa packets
    chocolate
    a calendar
    3 piece recipe set.

Again, Thank you Linda I love everything. I will keep trying to post a photo

Trying again

Name:  03FB6EA8-76E3-48F6-B97F-DF4D34B6E56B.jpeg
Views: 112
Size:  894.7 KB

Great package! Love the picture too with your tootsies on it.
    Anna Quilts

Wow!

Thank you Pamela for all the goodies. 4 patriotic fat quarters, yardage of amazing paisley fabric and tone on tone creme Moda fabric, a template and floating hexagon pattern, the cutest little scissor, "Quilters make good covers" button, and an amazing Flag wallhanging/table topper. Most of it patriotic. Just my theme! Thank you. It looks like I got the beginnings of a quilt or wall hanging here.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Anna Quilts

I sent my SP's package out today and once again I forgot to put a note in with it. I hope my SP will enjoy the goodies I chose for her. If there is anything she can't use or just doesn't want, I hope she will feel free to send it on to someone else who might like it. And, of course, I wish her a very happy, healthy, and prosperous new year.

Quote Originally Posted by Annaquilts View Post
    Great package! Love the picture too with your tootsies on it.
    I tried to crop them out it failed as you can see I think I need to polish my nails now.

My SP package is on its long journey but be on the look out for another package since an item was not received in time it has been setting in Memphis since Tuesday but it has not made it to me yet.

Blog Entries
    Thanks so much Tumrub, I got the package today in the mail. What a lovely selection!! It's all great. Of course the cats wanted to sample the kitty treats first thing. Your DH woodworking is very nice. I'll probably paint it. I needed needle threaders. Thanks so much.

Blog Entries
    Name:  20190114_130532_resized.jpg
Views: 86
Size:  503.6 KBCat treats didn't make the picture.

Mary Christine-------I had your sweet package waiting for me when we brought our daughter 29 yo) home from the hospital today. The package was greT! Had several different kinds of teal fabrics (my fav color) a magazine, a fictional book pertaining yo Quilting (I have not read this one either) �� A quilt happy booklet of assorted stickies, a quilts sponge for all those threads, a crocheted dish towel a pattern for a table runner and the cutest tape measure as well as a bendable helping hand. I loved it all, THANK YOU SO MUCH (if you have a picture p,ease feel free to post it.)

Regarding our daughter, She was scheduled for her 9th shunt placement in her brain. She has IH (aka hydrocephalus) This one was placed in a different spot further towards the middle of her right side right above her ear. Usually we are in one day and out the next. Well, this time there were complications, we couldn't get her to wake up after the first surgery at 7:00am. No amount of physical stimulation would arouse her. Dr went back into her brain a 2nd time about 2:00pm. She was then placed in ICU, by now she's been non responsored for over 14 hours. Sometime late in the evening she started coming around. For this we were praising the Lord! She has spent 4 days in the hospital and will be in extensive rehab for a while. Her left side was greatly affected. She is unable to dress her self, feed herself, walk by herself, but she can talk, and she can walk with the assistance of a walker with arm supports/rests. Please pray for her / us during time of recovery. Thank you all!!!! BTW; her name is Shea pronounced like Shae.
    LaQuita (aka) - Yai-Yai to the most precious grandbaby around of course I'm partial! LOL

HAPPY QUILTING!
    www.caringbridge.org/visit/shea

Well, I am back. I sure miss the 80 degrees and sun but it was time to return to reality. I decided to leave my hair in Hawaii. Went with long, came back short. Here are a few pictures.Name:  49343509_10157554849565559_3002726926440726528_n.jpg
Views: 87
Size:  67.1 KBName:  50294497_812118405799426_7110117023346065408_n.jpg
Views: 87
Size:  128.3 KBName:  49712715_812216919122908_617357826032926720_n.jpg
Views: 83
Size:  52.4 KBName:  49337457_812625379082062_6237378298704297984_n.jpg
Views: 82
Size:  47.7 KB
    The first one is on the plain there, second it the night of the luau, the third is on the boat out to snorkel, and the third is send my lei out when I was preparing to leave Hawaii.

Thanks for all the notifications. They are much appreciated.
    Choose to focus your time, energy and conversation around people who inspire you, support you and help you to grow you into your happiest, strongest, wisest self.~Karen Salmansohn

Blog Entries
    You’ll be in my thoughts and prayers. Hugs to you and Shea.
    Quote Originally Posted by LAQUITA View Post
    Regarding our daughter, She was scheduled for her 9th shunt placement in her brain. She has IH (aka hydrocephalus) This one was placed in a different spot further towards the middle of her right side right above her ear. Usually we are in one day and out the next. Well, this time there were complications, we couldn't get her to wake up after the first surgery at 7:00am. No amount of physical stimulation would arouse her. Dr went back into her brain a 2nd time about 2:00pm. She was then placed in ICU, by now she's been non responsored for over 14 hours. Sometime late in the evening she started coming around. For this we were praising the Lord! She has spent 4 days in the hospital and will be in extensive rehab for a while. Her left side was greatly affected. She is unable to dress her self, feed herself, walk by herself, but she can talk, and she can walk with the assistance of a walker with arm supports/rests. Please pray for her / us during time of recovery. Thank you all!!!! BTW; her name is Shea pronounced like Shae.
    “Be the change you wish to see in the world.”
    ~Mahatma Ghandi

Oh my gosh!
    I got a huge box today from Battle Axe.
    Girl, you did good!
    I got a bunch of pre cut fabric, some yardage, a pattern, some cards, a fairy door,
    a book, and a bunch of magazines.
    Thank you sew much, I love it all.

Name:  IMG_0554.JPG
Views: 80
Size:  1.12 MB
    Linda ^i^

Welcome back, hav4boys! Your hair is adorable!
    LaQuita, I'm so glad you liked your package. Will keep you and Shea in prayer.

Welcome back have4boys. I love Hawaii! My youngest son, was born in Hawaii. Which island(s) were you at? Amazing pictures and I love your short haircut. The matching fabric outfits are priceless. Sew cute! I am glad you got to go and had a wonderful time.
    Anna Quilts

Power Poster
    Blog Entries
    Prayers for the whole family. God be with Shea on her journey. BrendaK
    Be kind to yourself, by being kind to others. When you help others you help yourself.

LAQUITA, Praying for your daughter, how is she?

We were at Ko Olina Resort on the west of Oahu. THe matching outfits were my husbands idea, and he let me pick them. Think he was sorry when he saw them. :-)
    Choose to focus your time, energy and conversation around people who inspire you, support you and help you to grow you into your happiest, strongest, wisest self.~Karen Salmansohn

Power Poster
    Blog Entries
    My apologies to my partner. Your package will go out tomorrow. I normally don't like to wait for this late to mail but with health issues it couldn't be helped. At least it's within the timeframe. Hope you like what you receive as I wasn't sure what to send. I do wish you a very Happy, Healthy, and Prosperous New Year. BrendaK
    Be kind to yourself, by being kind to others. When you help others you help yourself.

My secret pal package went out today too. Not sure what I was waiting for. If I was waiting for something, it did not come so the package went out today. It is headed to someone whose name comes from Old Nordic and means torch or sword.

Status that I have. Let me know if there are any updates.
    Name:  1.18 SP update.JPG
Views: 63
Size:  50.5 KB

Power Poster
    Blog Entries
    I mailed the package today. You should receive it Tuesday the 22nd. Hope you like it. Hugs BrendaK

Quote Originally Posted by hav4boys View Post
    THe matching outfits were my husbands idea, and he let me pick them. Think he was sorry when he saw them. :-)

I was wondering about that. Now that is true love. He is wearing it.
    Anna Quilts

Power Poster
    Blog Entries
    Received my package today from Have 4 boys. Thank you so much, Kathy, it's super. I received a wonderful red elephant for Kenya, 3 books (that I haven't read), 1 Large Bag M&M's, 1 Hershey's Bar *(which my husband got his hands on.and is now no more). A pair of beautiful scissors,a needle threader,a quilter's stiletto. A key of Wisdom (with HOPE marked on it). A stuffed Christmas Hamster, A Spiced Mug Mat, A book of Basic Seminole Patchwork and 4 pieces of beautiful red and gold fabric. If I forgot anything I am sorry Kathy, thanks for everything. BrendaK

A stuffed Christmas Hamster, What is that? LOL Inquiring minds want to know.
    Anna Quilts

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast