Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
July 2013 Secret Pal Swap Closes June 30 4pm CST >

July 2013 Secret Pal Swap Closes June 30 4pm CST

July 2013 Secret Pal Swap Closes June 30 4pm CST

Old 07-14-2013, 09:43 AM

Helloooo! Sorry I have not posted in a few days. I have been battling an upper respiratory infection. Spent several days in the hospital over the past 2 weeks. Home now I am packed and ready to go to the PO Monday.
Old 07-14-2013, 09:44 AM

Hope you feel much better Tracey.
Old 07-14-2013, 09:45 AM

WOW! I have that same little Peanuts cookbook. It was one of my favorites as a child!
Old 07-14-2013, 12:53 PM

Originally Posted by quiltnut4ever View Post
Sorry I'm late in getting these photos posted but its been heck on wheels! My package came from Reeskylr and a wonderful pkg! I received a Harvest potholder kit, Crystyal Light Raspberry Ice, my favorite, hot chocolate, two patterns, beautiful floral design fabrics, a T-shirt tissue holder (love it!) and a Peanuts Cookbook! It has recipes from the Peanuts Gang to include something to make for dogs/cats. Thank you so much!!!! Oh and I almost forgot the tote bag with the cats on it is the cutest one I'd seen! Thank you again!
I Love the purse - fabric line? Reelskyr, can you tell me? I want some of that. And how have I been a peanuts fan for 20 years and not known there was a cookbook???
Old 07-14-2013, 05:54 PM

Wouldn't you know the week I wasn't getting my mail because the road was closed due to a section of the sewer line had to be replaced both my secret pal packages came.......they were delivered Saturday but I wasn't home so I apologize for such a late Thank you............

I received one package from Verna 2197..................I just don't know how she stuffed what she did in the priority mailer......she even had a can of cup of soup in the mailer.............I also got a very nice mug rug.........lots of batik scraps..washable markers ........patterns...Werther's Original Sugar free candy............note pad.......bobbin holder............lace.......and cat yummies........I'm sure I forgot something...............my brain is fried.........Thank you Verna

The second package I received was from Inspectorcmm............she made me the most beautiful pot holder..............she also sent me batik scraps............a needle threader......a Light & Tasty magazine ..........and Tri Rec tools.................Thanks Sharon for such a nice package...........
Old 07-14-2013, 07:45 PM
Power Poster

Really nice swaps. I M REALLY ENJOYING SEEING THEM. tHANKS TO THOSE WHO CAN POST.mARY
Old 07-15-2013, 05:00 AM

It's me! It's me!! I think. I hope, can't wait to see.

Originally Posted by Belfrybat View Post
One of my SP packages left today to a location SW of me. It is going to someone who likes sunny colours and the beach. The second package won't go out until Monday as it contains chocolate and I need to take it to the Post Office in person so the chocolate has a chance of getting to it's destination in solid form. It is heading NE of me to someone who has lots of vintage sewing machines and likes all colours.
Old 07-15-2013, 05:21 AM

Well, I am hanging my head in shame! I took my package to the PO on Saturday. Got around in the morning, stopped at the store for some chocolate, then headed to the PO. 11:05. They close at 11. I thought they were open until 1. Oh, crap!!! Not the exact words used!! Anyway, I printed the postage this morning and it is GONE!! Headed south. But, then I guess everything I send is, almost. Oh, and the chocolate I bought, which is why I missed the 11:00 closing, melted! Fortunately, I don't seal my pkg til I get the postage on it, in case I need to change the packaging, like I did on this one. LOL We are going into a "heat wave". Weather gal says 3 days of temps over 90 degrees is a heat wave. As long as the humidit doesn't get up there, we shall survive. There is always the air conditioning if you can't get to the beach. LOL Waiting patiently for my pkg. After reading the above post, I call DH and told him to go get the mail. Heeee Hawwww!!! Love seeing the pictures.
Another hint for my gal. One of the items on your list, I just could not find. A while back I had a pal ask for the same thing and I sent DH and MIL on a mission. They found it in a town that I just couldn't get to this time, so I am sew sorry!! But, the other thing you like to collect, I found a bag of in a resale shop near the reservation, so I hope there is something in that little bag that you will like! Til later!!! Bye
Old 07-15-2013, 08:03 AM

Sent package off to my SP today. Was waiting in the mail for their "most wanted item" and when I received it on Saturday afternoon.....they sent the wrong one! I'm upset. So SP, you will have to wait for your most wanted item. I'll send it to you as soon as I receive it which could take over a week....these folks are slowwww. Anyways, hope you enjoy what I've sent today. Clue: You are a fan of a fictional character whose books and movies have made millions of dollars since it came here to the US.
Old 07-15-2013, 11:14 AM

I went to the library this morning and came home to a wonderful package stuffed in my mail box. Not only was the mailbox stuffed, so was the package. Some wonderful FQs, # mystery books, 2 packages of cotton yarn which I already have some plans for. The most adorable knitted pin cushion, who knew you could knit pin cushions? Some really wonderful flavored teas, little tiny scrunchies to put around bobbins, lots of patterns. One of the FQs was exactly what I needed, lucky me! The most fun part is that I received my package from Tricia aka Quercus Rubra, I had her name the last time I played. Great packages coming in. Tricia will post pics for me, not able to myself.