Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
July Mini Quilt Swap "Dealers Choice" >

July Mini Quilt Swap "Dealers Choice"

July Mini Quilt Swap "Dealers Choice"

Old 07-10-2015, 07:02 PM
Power Poster

love Dotty's mini, reminds me of sunflowers.
Old 07-10-2015, 09:50 PM
Power Poster

This is starting to get exciting as we see the quilts come in...
Old 07-11-2015, 04:38 AM

You should go to the usps tracking site. then you punch in the tracking number and it will show if your item is locked in somewhere or if its not moved in days or at least where it is in theory. Some packages to way south before they go way north. No idea why. I think they accidentally ship to odd locations then have to back track. example: sent a package once to NY. It went to Az then to Kentucky off to Florida before it headed up to NY. now why did it have to go to Kentucky is anyones guess. Or Florida. Think something got read wrong before it was corrected. Some packages just disappear. forever. Most get where they are supposed to work fine but not all do. its hit or miss. You could send UPS I suppose or even Fed X but no idea the cost and no idea how fast. My sister ships everything UPS and says they are comp. but honestly I cant vouch forthat. The post office is right around the corner from me which pretty much sells it to me. I can only get so many places and the post office is the one for me. Anyone have a better description please share it with Lynnie. That is the best I can do
Old 07-11-2015, 04:54 AM

Cute yo yo mini JuanitaBean!! Dotty nice work
Old 07-11-2015, 05:00 AM

Originally Posted by lynnie View Post
mine still hasn't been rec'd yet. over a week to go two states. if you got it, please let me know. maybe you(linda) know how to use the tracker number.
Lynnie - I understand your frustration. I mailed out a swap on Tuesday with Friday set as delivery date - checked the tracking number and it "sat" at one segment of its destination for 2 days, needless to say it did not arrive yesterday (it was going from AL to Washington state) and hopefully will be delivered today. Like Brat said, sometimes there is no rhyme or reason for routes taken with the post office, but we just have to be patient or go crazy
Old 07-11-2015, 09:35 AM

I realized I didn't subscribe to this thread (light bulb moment) so I have now taken care of that little task.

I just got back from a wonderful 4-day quilt retreat and had a great time!!! I finished 3 UFO tops, sewed binding on a huge quilt and made 6 boomerang blocks. Now back to reality.

I'm seeing some lovely minis. Mine is in the works.
Old 07-11-2015, 12:31 PM
Power Poster

JANE, ANYTHING YOU'D LIKE TO SHOW US?

Linda, I sent you the tracker number, can you look it up? I don't have the paper anymore with the tracker number on it. so frustrating. I mailed it over a week now. this has been happening to much to me lately, I send it tracker and all, and it takes forever to get there.

I sent a quilt to Charisma, and it took over a week, when it was to be to her in 2 days. very frustrating for sure.
Old 07-11-2015, 04:23 PM

lynnie says will arrive to my house Tuesday. I will let you know.
Old 07-11-2015, 05:41 PM
Power Poster

that just burns me. it will be almost 2 weeks to go two states. you were to have it last Monday.
I have a lot i'd love to say to the PO but I know it won't do me any good. At least we know.
thanks letting me know.
Old 07-11-2015, 08:09 PM
Power Poster

I was gone most of the day to a cook out with my son and daughter in law, including last minute fireworks at the end. We had a great time, but I picked up mail on my way over there, and I recieved a wonderful, beautiful package from my July Swap Partner (sewbizgirl). She made me a gorgeous mini quilt with beautiful piecing and quilting. Such pretty colors in the quilt. She also sent me a first ever book by Jean Hager- An Irish House Mystery. Title: Death on the Drunkard's Path. A pretty coaster that I am getting ready to use. Some Coffee Nips getting ready to taste with a cup of coffee. Several fabric squares with so many of my favorite designs, and a beautiful note on a very pretty card. Thank you so much for a wonderful package Bonnie. Here are some pictures I just took.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]524903[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]524902[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]524904[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails 100_2872-small-.jpg   100_2873-small-.jpg   100_2880-small-.jpg