Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
July Mug Rug Swap: Summer time fun! Makers choice! >

July Mug Rug Swap: Summer time fun! Makers choice!

July Mug Rug Swap: Summer time fun! Makers choice!

Old 07-06-2015, 11:00 AM

whigrose -- I finished your mug rug & then when I got up this morning, it suddenly hit me like a ton of bricks that I forgot the triangles! So ... yours now has triangles. I hope never to forget that again! Ugh!

I have a question for everyone, sort of a unofficial poll. Does everyone like the idea of having two options per month (or most months), or would you rather have just one idea to go with? I ask this because almost everyone liked the patriotic theme better than the picnic theme. So I started thinking, if we did patriotic one month & picnic another month, everybody would have had an equal chance at both, instead of an either/or situation. Just a thought. I know which I prefer, but I'd like to hear from you!
Old 07-06-2015, 11:01 AM

rwquilts -- love your avatar! Did you make those paper-pieced roses?
Old 07-06-2015, 12:02 PM

ctyankee, sweet of you to go back and add them. No biggie though to go hand stitch a couple of small triangles in after the fact, especially since the little things don't weigh an ort.

Picked up some sweet summery fabric at the LQS for replace the binding for sewbizgirl.

Now, get back to work, deb.

Oh, personally I like the option of A or B. That way you don't have to sit out if you don't care for the swap theme. What's the chances of not liking both?

Best,
deb
Old 07-06-2015, 04:31 PM

Originally Posted by ctyankee View Post
rwquilts -- love your avatar! Did you make those paper-pieced roses?
I didn't ctyankee. Free style log cabinish...at least that's my story today. If I never took pictures, I'd forget everything I make over the years...this one was finished for the mini quilt swap a few years ago...don't remember who it was sent to.

I really don't mind either way regards the theme choices...I figure that between me and my partner we can decide what we want to do...most themes can be easily adapted to fit almost anything. Whatever is the easiest for you is what I vote for.
Old 07-06-2015, 05:55 PM

I like a choice of themes, A or B, but I'd probably do both. Awaiting an address! Dotty
Old 07-06-2015, 06:34 PM

Robin lee, my ex co worker Edna ulbrich is there as well. I retired and she's still going. She's from Texas. It would be a blast if y'all met. We were friends in elem. then she was my student teacher. Then years later cam back to teach with her when she was head of the dept in Jourdanton , tx. Glad you mentioned this fact about you!
Old 07-06-2015, 07:16 PM
Power Poster

ctyankee, thanks for asking our opinions of the themes. I would prefer just one theme at a time. That way we get to do them all! I know it's a pain to think of just one theme at a time, let alone two every month--more taxing for our leaders. If somebody doesn't like a particular theme they don't have to sit out... just do their own thing!

I love your blue roses avatar too, rwquilts. What a gorgeous mini quilt that must have been!
Old 07-06-2015, 07:27 PM

I like the idea of one theme. One less decision to make.
Old 07-07-2015, 03:48 AM

I made 2 mug rugs for June, patriotic and picnic, just because I had the ideas. Don't know if I would do that again because I' m not that creative on my own. Consider me on the fence.
Old 07-07-2015, 05:18 AM

Let me put in my two bits. I like two ideas for most months. This allows most people to play. If you don't like or have any of one type of fabric there will be another option for those who would rather do that one. I can not afford to run out for fabric at all. I have to use what I have. I had almost nothing in red white or blue this month. I also know say in Dec some celebrate the Jewish holiday and prefer a Hanukah theme. Its not fair to include one but not the other. so for some months.. I say two picks is a good plan. for others we can go with one. That is my thought and personally I would rather stick with this unless I can hear a good reason not to. Its not any harder to have two picks than one. You simply go the route you like the most. tada. done. and its ok to let your partner you don't have say fourth of july fabric but you do have red and whites and blues.. I think when done it would look rather patriotic but if you don't want patriotic? then what? you sit it out? not fair in my minds eye.