Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
July Mug Rug Swap: Summer time fun! Makers choice! >

July Mug Rug Swap: Summer time fun! Makers choice!

July Mug Rug Swap: Summer time fun! Makers choice!

Old 07-13-2015, 12:00 PM

Yes, Teri, that's what is on the camper mug rug. You start from the image and work your way out, eyeballing your last line of stitching and going a bit beyond, trying to keep it sort of even, but heh! My stitches aren't anywhere near even. It is fun though...you should just give it a try!
Old 07-13-2015, 12:03 PM

Sewbizgirl, you scored big time with what Whigrose made for you! The ice cream cone is ADORABLE!!! And who wouldn't love the foot rug to stop that stupid foot from sliding from hither to yon???
Old 07-13-2015, 02:26 PM

Really cute mug rugs coming in . . . the creative juices are really flowing!

I finished my mug rug for Cuppy this afternoon and plan on mailing it in the morning. It's a simple theme, but oh so summery and very fitting for where she lives . . . that's all the hints for this one
Old 07-13-2015, 03:28 PM

Nan62 -- that's a wonderful mug rug & great goodies from ljdugas!

sewbizgirl -- a real yummy mug rug from whigrose; a great swap altogether!
Old 07-13-2015, 03:34 PM

And I received my mug rug from whigrose, too, today. She wrapped everything individually & tied each package with lovely ribbons. The mug rug is amazing! Here it is:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]525079[/ATTACH]

Do you see that incredible quilting? Wow!

And here's the swap package in its entirety:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]525080[/ATTACH]

Whigrose added two FQs in lovely colors & what I'm thinking is a microwaveable bowl. If I'm wrong about that, then this is my oops! moment & someone will have to enlighten me!

Thank you, Deb, for being such an amazing swap partner; I enjoyed our chats back & forth, & getting to know you better.
Attached Thumbnails dsc01067.jpg   dsc01066.jpg  
Old 07-13-2015, 05:15 PM
Power Poster

love all those beautiful bright flowers. so so pretty. great little microwaveable bowl too. nice package.
Old 07-14-2015, 03:34 AM

Whigrose, love that pedal stop you made. Was it your own design or is there a pattern for it? I'm always stopping to rearrange my foot pedal. Haven't found anything yet to control it.
Old 07-14-2015, 04:57 AM

think that bowl is a bowl period. its for like paper clips and such... just my own idea. I don't know why but that is what I think them shown before. but maybe its for microwave you will need to ask her! then let us know! Jaba would know probably also.

Ice cream cones and floral patches. a variety of ideas AGAIN. told you. There is never the same thing around here.. even next month bet the theme that ctyankee has come up with will inspire all different sort of ideas. Cant wait!
Old 07-14-2015, 05:09 AM

those microwave bowls- my friends love them
any hints for August theme?
Old 07-14-2015, 05:30 AM

ctyankee-I had never heard of these microwave bowl holders until our Lynnie mentioned them months ago (thanks Lynnie). Instead of using a pot holder when your bowl comes out of the microwave, you set your bowl inside the cozy then place it in the microwave. We also use ours for cold items to reduce warming time. Goes both ways

regm- These pedal pads are super handy. I have one for each of my regular-use machines (um, I have several What you need:
Non-skid padding
Fabric for binding and toe stop
Batting

Cut two pieces 2 pieces of the non skid padding several inches longer and a few inches wider than your foot pedal.
Prepare binding-I used 2 1/2", folded in half. You could a single layer. Place both pieces of non skid padding together. Tip-place a sheet of paper under the skid paper to maneuver while stitching, otherwise it sticks your table top/machine. I use tissue paper then tear it away.Attach binding.
Toe stop- cut a piece of fabric a few inches wider than the pad base and about 5-7"or so long, depending how thick you want it to be. Cut a piece of batting the width of your finished base and about one inch shorter than the fabric. Center the batting at one narrow edge of the fabric. Roll until the batting is covered. Fold over a hem on the exposed edge of fabric, stitch in place. Place the toe stop a bit down from one of the narrow edges of the pad, wrap the extra length of fabric around the back. Stitch in place.

Best,
deb in Maine