Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
July Patriotic Theme 35th Doll Quilt Swap - Sign Up Closes June 30th NOON EST >

July Patriotic Theme 35th Doll Quilt Swap - Sign Up Closes June 30th NOON EST

July Patriotic Theme 35th Doll Quilt Swap - Sign Up Closes June 30th NOON EST

Old 07-31-2012, 04:57 PM

[Glad to know u have received ur package n that u liked it. I enjoyed making it for u. N all this time I thought it was faces of presidents . I too want to make a purse. Wish I knew u were wanting black n white fabric.

QUOTE=buslady;5408432]Wanted due attention to both, there fore the separate post! LOL
My second pkg was from Amalya64. Her July DQ is great. Circles? I am affeared of them. LOL You did a great job! And I absolutely LOVE the denim pc with the vintage heads on it. That is going to be made into a purse. Maybe a Bow Tuck, maybe something else. I like to make purses. Thank you so much for the DQ I really love it. Can't wait to get all my DQ's hung on the wall in my new quilting room.
The first pic is the back side that she signed. The second is the front. Notice the beautiful Texas Pendant her dear sister made!! Tried to get a close up of it, but it reflects the flash and will not take. LOL I am not a photographer, though I do try!! Thank you Amalia.[/QUOTE]
Old 07-31-2012, 05:57 PM

Originally Posted by Psychomomquilter View Post
if i could just learn how to do those pinwheels and keep the points exact! that is what I was trying to make for nanci, but I just didn't do them right. I think I am going to do more practicing on the points, pinwheels and so on!! the quilts look great by the way!!
For help with perfectly matched point (pin wheels and other things) check out any video by Eleanor Burns - she has the best tips on how to match seams and "smoosh" centers so they lay flat!

PM me if you want and I can share a few other tricks that quilters have taught me along the way. One will surely work for you.
Old 08-01-2012, 03:45 AM

Amalia, you very well could be right, at first I thought presidents, but then wasn't sure and I am sadly inept at history stuff! LOL It's funny, but as I get older I have more and more interest in history. Hmmmmmm! At any rate, I fell in love with the quilt and the fabric the moment I saw it!! I'd swap with you anytime!!! Hope you get your internet issues settled so we see more of you here. I have terrible internet at home, when my phone is working it works good, but the screen soooooo small for my aging eyes!! DH yells at me all the time for spending too much time looking at that tiny screen. LOL Hope you are well.
Old 08-01-2012, 09:49 AM

My dq was delivered on July 30 to Nancy.
Old 08-01-2012, 02:10 PM

Here is the darling little quilt I received yesterday from ctipton. It's so cute and I love the patriotic fabrics in it. Thank you so much Carol. (Of course when I went to take a pic yesterday, the camera battery had died - don't you just hate that)
Attached Thumbnails ctipton-dq.jpg  
Old 08-02-2012, 04:14 AM
Swap Hosts

Lynnie, just adorable!
Old 08-02-2012, 04:45 AM

What a cute way to showcase a four patch. It's super adorable.
Old 08-02-2012, 06:11 AM

Lynnie25, so cute! I see it's been hand quilted...nice!

Tah dah! I received my DQ from our fearless hostess Krystyna! It is so special to me. How did she know perfectly what fabrics to use I ask you??? We didn't talk about that, and the little kiddos she machine embroidered are adorable! I have taken pictures so you can see some closeups too. On the one hand though, Krystyna is a real stinker and she knows exactly what I'm referring too, don't you Krystyna????? LOL! In case you can't read the note on my little Amish doll, it says "I'm cold. I need a doll quilt." Hmmmmm. I can't wait to try a special jam that comes from beach berries that are "secret" and you can't cultivate them. Thank you my crazy partner!!! You hit a homerun with me!
Attached Thumbnails august-dq.jpg   august-dq-002.jpg   august-dq-003.jpg   august-dq-004.jpg   august-dq-006.jpg  

Old 08-02-2012, 06:51 AM
Swap Hosts

You are so kind, Ronda. Sorry it looks like Betsy Ross's head is going to be snipped off with scissors!
And guess who is not in the August Amish swap? Couldn't even coax her with that poor freezing darling!
Old 08-02-2012, 07:50 AM

Default DQ I made

This is the DQ I made for my partner in England. Enjoyed making it and happy with the results Haven't heard from her since the 10th of July. I think she may have something going on and I wish her the best. Anyway I'm keeping this quilt for myself. I like it....lol
Attached Thumbnails dsc01751.jpg   dsc01752.jpg  

Last edited by Donna H-M; 08-02-2012 at 08:05 AM.