Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
July Secet Pal Swap Closes June 30th 4:00 pm CST >

July Secet Pal Swap Closes June 30th 4:00 pm CST

July Secet Pal Swap Closes June 30th 4:00 pm CST

Old 07-05-2016, 03:40 AM

I got my swap pal, since I haven't done this in years, I am super duper excited, she is a busy busy lady, now to get busy shopping and making for her.
Old 07-05-2016, 08:58 AM

Got my name and I have never swapped with you, so am looking forward to putting together a package for you. Now to do a little stalking and shopping. You live East.
Old 07-05-2016, 12:16 PM

I got my secret pal and she has had me before. I am so excited to put together an awesome package for her!
Old 07-07-2016, 08:16 AM

I'm going to be a little late mailing this month. As many of you know my LQS closed last year and there's none in my city now. However, the next nearest one is having a sale on Tuesday and I'd like to try and get her the colour of fabric she wants. I'm at my vacation home just now and there's a sea festival on at the weekend, so I may pick up something nice (it probably won't be sewing related - and it definitely won't be anything 'fishy', lol).
Old 07-07-2016, 02:05 PM

I received my name, and she will be very surprised when she see's my name on the package when it arrives. I ordered and received one of her wish items. So tomorrow it will be mailed out to her. Going North, and I can say not to Alaska. lol
On another note my sewing room is just a disaster. I had to move things for hubby and now everything is everywhere. Will probably take a day to put it all back together again. I'm thankful that my SP didn't specifically ask for a handmade item, because I can't get to my cutting or sewing tables. It actually looks like a tornado went through it. Not sure how I managed to have all that stuff in that room. lol
Old 07-07-2016, 02:13 PM

This is off SP topic but I have to tell you why I haven't been online much, as I read some of you were wondering where everyone was. For me most of you know I have a non-profit group that makes quilts for children that are seriously ill or in need. We have been making in the past 300 Christmas stockings for the children's hospital and the Childrens Christmas Jubilee for the under priviledged. This year my church has also asked if we can make another 250 for the Breakfast with Santa that we do for the community for under priviledged children. My pastor makes pancakes with bacon to look like reindeer, so they eat, get their picture taken with Santa, (which is my lovable husband), and some items to take home. They would like to put those items in the stockings. So to end this long paragraph I have been busy with this. These stockings go along with 200 quilts we give out and 200 pillowcases as well. By the time Christmas comes I don't want to see another Christmas stocking till next season. lol
So I pop in here and there, but don't stay long. I hope everyone is having a great week.
Old 07-07-2016, 03:28 PM

catjo,

What a wonderful activity you are involved with! I am sure the children are all thrilled!

Hey swap partner! I mailed early this month because it is traveling quite far! Hope you like it!

Deborah (Gaijin)
Old 07-08-2016, 03:21 AM

Received my swap pal info. She lives north east of me. Fabric color she's looking for, I have been collecting for awhile, so will raid my stash for her. What she likes to collect, thought would be simple, not so much lol. The one thing she wants the most, went to my fav LQS's am sending her the one I would like to receive the most, Hope she likes it
:-)
Old 07-08-2016, 08:10 AM

Adeliahartzog did you post a picture of last months so package I sent you? I can't remember....old age ya know?
Old 07-08-2016, 04:10 PM

I have my pals package ready. Just what you ask for, the Orlando quilt shop had it. This quilt shop is 2 miles from my house. Will mail out on Monday.