Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 13 of 44 FirstFirst ... 3 12 13 14 23 ... LastLast

Thread: July Secret Pal Swap Closes June 30th noon CST

Thank you brenda21 i love my secret pal stuff,Coasters for my drinks while i use the computer. Love the thread fabric.. the other 5 fabrics are great. I can always use paper and dmc thread!!!! I love the bobbin holders,but my fav is the scissor fob. THANK YOU SO MUCH!!!!!!!

Sent out my package today,hope this sp likes it........

I mailed my 3 packages off today. One is west of me and two are east of me, but
    I am not in my own state right now.
    JULI

Blog Entries
    Got home today from my trip and recieved my package from Brenda21. So many great items. I missed place camera but will post when I find it and it cools down 104 here right now!! Thankyou Brenda glade to have had you again for SP. Sue
    You know if your a quilter when you cleanup your sewing room and your family thinks your moving out!! Author U/K Sue

Quote Originally Posted by Ladybug 1938 View Post
    I have to agree with you, sending and receiving a package is so much fun and it's nice to see the people who sign up post once in awhile, This is the third person in a row I have had who doesn't post... They are missing the fun..
    Here is part of my button collection...
    Nice collection Ladybug, I never would have thought to display them in frames.
    http://signatures.mylivesignature.co...6BC2680921.png
    " You can be a master of every thing you do. Every thing you do may not be a masterpiece, understand that, then do the best you can with what you've got".Maya Angelou

louise feel better soon.
    Never look down on anyone, unless you are helping them up.

ok so I ordered my sp something special and didn't realize that it was coming from Canada. After I bought and paid for it the seller emailed me and said it could take two weeks to get the item so I really really hope it gets here before the 15th. Help me pray that it does. I did make something homemade for the first time for a sp. Thanks for all the ideas ladies.
    Melinda
    Let us help a local QB member Elisabrat even a dollar can add up

http://www.youcaring.com/medical-fun...kidney-/144120

Ok so my SP likes animals a lot and the fabric colour she is looking for is dearg (that's the colour in Irish, you didn't think I would make it easy did you). She collects something, she drinks something and she eats something. Well have you figured it out yet? I have just to make a handmade item for her which she would like and her package will be going out early next week. We have had heavy rain here for the last couple of days so it has been miserable, no sign of summer at all.
    LindaC

Quote Originally Posted by Knitette View Post
    Well....my SP doesn't live in the same country - or indeed continent - as me. I've ordered her the thing she wants the most, so I hope she's a happy camper...... She's a senior member who's been quilting 5 times longer than me. Is your dog real?
    Package winging it's way to to state MUCH warmer than Scotland - oh wait - that's most of them....... Your postcode adds up to 11.
    Lang may yer lum reek. (I'm a knitter - hence - 'Knit-ette'. Confuses a lot of people!)

Sent my package to SP yesterday and PM'd Lori. SP's zip code adds up to 24 and there's lots of lakes in her state. I didn't open the package like I threatened and add more, but I'm starting now to get some small things together for next time. Loved the button pictures. I have a button collection, but didn't think to put it on my sheet - you can bet I will next time!
    Kathleen

Live today as if it may be your last, for who knows...

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by lawsonmugs View Post
    Why does it seem to be hard to find bright yellow buttons? ...
    mary what kinda yellow buttons are you looking for? large ones? novelty ones? medium ones? small ones? ones with designs? plain ones? i can look through my stash and see what i have. i know that i do not have many if any novelty buttons though. most are vintage dressmaker buttons. lemme know.

tomm

btw mary, i think i saw a third missouri mary in this swap. oh yeppers, i have looked in trader's joe for sugar free scottie black licorice but they do not carry it so will the ones with sugar be okay?
    My Quiltboard Blog
    ~Joy is what happens when we allow ourselves to recognize how good things really are..(Marianne Williamson)
    ~If you can't change your fate, change your attitude.(Amy Tan)
    ~As long as one keeps searching, the answers come.(Joan Baez)

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Nexxus831 View Post
    ok so I ordered my sp something special and didn't realize that it was coming from Canada. After I bought and paid for it the seller emailed me and said it could take two weeks to get the item so I really really hope it gets here before the 15th. Help me pray that it does. I did make something homemade for the first time for a sp. Thanks for all the ideas ladies.
    melinda if it doesn't make it in time, you can always mail it separately. i am sure your pal would not mind getting two squishies. don't sweat it.
    My Quiltboard Blog
    ~Joy is what happens when we allow ourselves to recognize how good things really are..(Marianne Williamson)

Quote Originally Posted by Havplenty View Post
    mary what kinda yellow buttons are you looking for? large ones? novelty ones? medium ones? small ones? ones with designs? plain ones? i can look through my stash and see what i have. i know that i do not have many if any novelty buttons though. most are vintage dressmaker buttons. lemme know.

tomm ..

btw mary, i think i saw a third missouri mary in this swap. oh yeppers, i have looked in trader's joe for sugar free scottie black licorice but they do not carry it so will the ones with sugar be okay?
    Hey tomm, I don't need them now but when I do they seem to be harder to find.I wish I could say yes to reg. scoties.but it's a no-no.I also seen another MM.She's very nice. Have a good day. and thanks. tomm
    Mary

Blog Entries
    Mscupid, is it me??? I like your hints on page 60.
    Last edited by annt59; 07-07-2012 at 07:21 AM. Reason: Needed to add page #
    Boom 12 - Short & Sweet

Super Member IrelandDragonQuilting's Avatar
    SOOOOooooo check this, ladies and gents I won the Swap lottery!! Yep, check this.. everything I asked for and homemade banana bread!! Thank you so much TheMamaHauser aka Kelly! Oh you cannot see it, but the sewing machine pad has the cutest little charm that says "Made for you" I tried desperately to get my camera to focus in on it and it just plain refused to do so. OK onto the drooling! hehehehe
    Name:  IMG_3254.JPG
Views: 132
Size:  193.4 KBName:  IMG_3256.JPG
Views: 134
Size:  224.9 KB
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Resolve to be thyself, and know, that he who finds himself, loses his misery. Mathew Arnold 'Self-Dependence' 1822-1888

Wyoming in the summer, Florida in the winter
    Blog Entries
    You did win the lotto, everything looks awesome! yum toasted banana bread and butter.....I'm jealous

Quote Originally Posted by SharonAnne View Post
    I got my shoes, Brenda, and I'm even considering going back and buying the creme colored ones, too. Here's a picture that does not do them justice. They really sparkle even if the photo does not show it. And a perk.... The bands around the ankle are stretchy - so there is no contortionism needed with buckle type shoes. Have never really seen any with the crystals all around the back of the ankle before. And the stretch even provides comfort due to the "give". And no high heels means safety on stairs. They have it all.. Brand = Madden Girl. Color me happy.

What cute shoes Sharon
    JULI

Quote Originally Posted by IrelandDragonQuilting View Post
    SOOOOooooo check this, ladies and gents I won the Swap lottery!!
    Name:  IMG_3254.JPG
Views: 132
Size:  193.4 KBName:  IMG_3256.JPG
Views: 134
Size:  224.9 KB
    boy did you ever win the swap lottery. I didn't think about sending some home made breads or anything like that. Such a great idea. Great pictures and great squishy you got.
    Melinda
    Let us help a local QB member Elisabrat even a dollar can add up

http://www.youcaring.com/medical-fun...kidney-/144120

Blog Entries
    Seems like we have had a lot of Lotto winners on here lately... Great Packages, ine should bo our Monday, it's all taped just need to make a mailing label through the PO...Then it will be winging it's way to the NE... Her favortie drink is water, just like mine, although I drink coffee in the AM she never mentioned any other drink, she hasn't done a swap recently... enough hints for today...
    Rosemary

Hearing happens when the ears and the brain team up, but listening happens with the ears of the heart.

I collect Angels and homemade ornaments

Blog Entries
    my lqs had their clearance fabrics on further mark down to $2.87/yd for July 4th. I stayed out of the store lest i have been tempted to buy fabric i had no room to store. so i popped in today just to see what i missed.... arrrggh i am so glad i stayed away lest i would have been tempted.

with having 2+ weeks of above 100+ degree temps it is not cool anywhere. the lqs wasn't cool and the grocery store was a bit warm also. i have lost my appetite with all this heat so i bought some fruits to eat and a bag of carrots for the rabbits. my local grocery store chain sells fruits & vegetables from local farms from time to time so they had peaches from eckert's farm today complete with worm holes and squirrel nibbles. you can't go more authentic than that.
    My Quiltboard Blog

I am still working on my sp's gift. It was a record setting temp. today of 106. This heat makes if difficult to breathe.l

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by ssnare View Post
    ...... It was a record setting temp. today of 106. This heat makes if difficult to breathe.l
    i know and i went out yesterday for an hour or two and forgot my albuterol. so i got to a friend house gasping like i had just run a marathon. we are suppose to be in the high 90's next week. woohoo!!
    My Quiltboard Blog

Blog Entries
    Off topic but I had to show you my Doll Quilt I got from oldcatlady from the May Doll Quilt swap. The theme was quilty chaos - crazy quilts. oldcatlady spent alot of time making this and I love it! The doll quilt swap is alot of fun as it doesn't take long to make and uses up scraps! Here is my quilt, Name:  007    resized.jpg
Views: 129
Size:  248.5 KB and some more pictures Name:  008    resized.jpg
Views: 103
Size:  296.3 KB Name:  009   resized.jpg
Views: 107
Size:  304.3 KB

Blog Entries
    ooh lori that is adorable. i haven't gotten into crazy quilts yet.
    My Quiltboard Blog

oh boy Hav~ I always liked the way they looked but had never made one until the doll quilt swap in May and now I'm obsessed with them haha....I pick up stuff everywhere now that can be used on them!! It's all Krystyna's fault and then she enables me further by sending lace and satin and velvet and all kinds of goodies to go on the crazy quilt
    Brenda

Page 13 of 44 FirstFirst ... 3 12 13 14 23 ... LastLast