Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 11 of 44 FirstFirst ... 10 11 12 21 ... LastLast

Thread: July Secret Pal Swap Closes June 30th noon CST

Quote Originally Posted by mizkyp View Post
    Packer and Oriole Fans here.

to marytoddliz
    OH OH If I'm your sp my fav team is Steelers !
    Last edited by grammyj; 07-05-2012 at 05:12 AM. Reason: add more
    http://signatures.mylivesignature.co...6BC2680921.png
    " You can be a master of every thing you do. Every thing you do may not be a masterpiece, understand that, then do the best you can with what you've got".Maya Angelou

Blog Entries
    sharon i just love shoes! if only i could glue a heel on those. i use to think my daughter was a bit crazy because she wanted a stiletto heel on every shoe she owned. she even wanted her tennis shoes to have a heel.

well i maybe can partially maybe manage to kinda understand how i can almost potentially see where my daughter could have probably formed some sort of halfway ideology that shoes needed heels to be shoes. while i am not totally sure how she managed to come to that conclusion, i can kinda almost potentially sorta see where she may have gathered those thoughts.

stiletto tennis shoe. loving them.

oh btw, i will try to remember not to send you any st. louis humidity. another scorcher today 105+ predicted. i got up early to do my 3 miles but the humidity was so thick i couldn't brave it. it is hard for me to breathe in this weather. well i'm going to the gym today.
    My Quiltboard Blog
    ~Joy is what happens when we allow ourselves to recognize how good things really are..(Marianne Williamson)
    ~If you can't change your fate, change your attitude.(Amy Tan)
    ~As long as one keeps searching, the answers come.(Joan Baez)

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Havplenty View Post
    wait jaba let's discuss your first swap package before you mail it. i can help critique the contents for you to make sure everything is in order. hmmmm. whatcha think????? Attachment 346799
    Niice try Hav, you are just too funny!!!!
    I collect Seraphim Angels

Blog Entries
    Sharon Anne, I love those shoes!!! (my name is also Sharon Ann) Quiltnutforever, I hope your back is better and I know you will get everything in order in due time! Take care.
    "You must do the thing you think you cannot do"....E. Roosevelt

Sharon
    Yorkville, IL

I got my secret Pal's name and this month will be a challenge. I hope I don't disappoint her. Here are some clues:

She lives in the state I was born in

She has a cat

Her zipcode adds up to 14

That is all for now ....
    Happy Sewing

Quote Originally Posted by SharonAnne View Post
    HBD 2 Rusty - hope he is not scared of loud noises. And I know 3 other people (human people, not fur people) with a 4th of July birthday. Prior Octobers seem to be popular.
    Aw thanks Sharon. yes he is afraid of loud noises. No one is using fireworks this year. all the pastures and yards are totally brown and a burn ban is on. Seems so strange no fireworks goin off.
    Mary

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by nikki128 View Post
    I got my secret Pal's name and this month will be a challenge. I hope I don't disappoint her. Here are some clues:

She has a cat

That is all for now ....
    well everyone has a connection to MO, right??? uh, just one cat? and you may need to check your addition. that's all i'm sayin'. lol
    My Quiltboard Blog
    ~Joy is what happens when we allow ourselves to recognize how good things really are..(Marianne Williamson)

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by verna2197 View Post
    Niice try Hav, you are just too funny!!!!
    what????? i was just offering some assistance. lori asked us to be helpful to all of the newbies!!!!

Name:  helper.jpg
Views: 102
Size:  5.3 KB
    Last edited by Havplenty; 07-05-2012 at 07:32 AM.
    My Quiltboard Blog

Quote Originally Posted by nikki128 View Post

She has a cat

That is all for now ....
    I wonder........could it be me...........I have a cat.........I am a she.........and my zip code of 12065 adds up to 14...........now Nikki all I need to know is where you were born....

And Nikki......if it's me.......don't worry ......I will not be disappointed................

Blog Entries
    My package is sitting at the door and waiting for the carrier. It's going not quite due south, but more like due-south-east of me. I drove through (or by) there three times coming to-and-from-and-to-again when I moved to my present location last year.

I bet the box is on her doorstep by Saturday. (The baked goods hope so, too!)
    Mischief Managed.

Blog Entries
    still have to pick up a few things for my SP... I am hoping to do it tomorrow as I lots of errands to run...and then the weekend will be spent sewing for my SP.. have several things i want to make for her! Her and I share the same color!

My sp likes the same colors that I do. She collects small items. That's enough for now.

Quote Originally Posted by luvstoquilt View Post
    I may have a newbie..I am not sure but I almost have the package ready to go. I suspect I will be mailing on the 5th! We have a couple of the same favorite colors and she did give me a great list of "personal likes and wants". Her zip adds to 12 and she wanted something handmade. (It will not be jelly...never made that in my life!) I am much older than my sp but that is not saying a lot. I suspect I am older than most of or all of you... That is it for the clues!!!
    Oh, could this possibly be me?? My zip adds up to 12 and I did ask for something handmade. But this is my third swap....am I still considered a newbie?

My SP has been quilting for many years. She lives south of me and the total of her zip code equals 13. We have a LOT in common, and her favorite candy is also mine! :-) No more clues for now......

He He love this game! It could be Havplnty or catpawski or neither of you !!!
    Happy Sewing

My SP package is on it's way to someone who is new to this swap....fairly new to quilting and has something in common with my youngest daughter. She should get it tomorrow or Saturday
    Vicki W

Man, oh,man. I think I want to get my package out and open it and find more to go into it. I put some things in (SP likes patterns, there is one), she likes specific colors (there are some FQs there) and some smaller handmade things - but after reading this thread, perhaps I need to add more. I was trying hard to stay within that $10 limit - maybe I need to fudge on it a little. Hummmmm.....
    Kathleen

Live today as if it may be your last, for who knows...

Quote Originally Posted by TOOMANYUFO'S View Post
    My sp likes the same colors that I do. She collects small items. That's enough for now.

Hmmmm, I see some possibilities here.....
    Teresa
    "I collect wind chimes."

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Vanogay View Post
    Man, oh,man. I think I want to get my package out and open it and find more to go into it. I put some things in (SP likes patterns, there is one), she likes specific colors (there are some FQs there) and some smaller handmade things - but after reading this thread, perhaps I need to add more. I was trying hard to stay within that $10 limit - maybe I need to fudge on it a little. Hummmmm.....
    there is no pressure to 'stuff' your box full of things and yes there is a $10.00 limit. some folks here have been stocking up on sale items for these swaps for some time and have a horde of a stash. we are not competing with each other on who sends the most. just make your package something you would like to receive, make sure you read your pal's template and send your package with confidence. sometimes it's the one thing that we include in the package that our pal wanted and the rest becomes a bonus.

but if you should need a second opinion, i am here to help.
    Last edited by Havplenty; 07-05-2012 at 12:28 PM.
    My Quiltboard Blog

OK, y'all ready to hear this? Those of you who know me well, know that I collect buttons......well, I actually had to go out and but some buttons today to put on a project I am doing for my SP! How crazy is that?! So keep those buttons coming because I obviously didn't have the ones I needed today!
    Teresa
    "I collect wind chimes."

OMG Teresa...you better get it posted at the bottom of your signature again...."collects any and all buttons"
    Brenda

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by mscupid804 View Post
    OK, y'all ready to hear this? Those of you who know me well, know that I collect buttons......well, I actually had to go out and but some buttons today to put on a project I am doing for my SP! How crazy is that?! So keep those buttons coming because I obviously didn't have the ones I needed today!
    say it ain't so. that couldn't be. i have seen some of the button stash you have received. more probably the reason you couldn't find the buttons you needed is because they are probably buried under the mountain of new buttons you got.

My Quiltboard Blog

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Havplenty View Post
    say it ain't so. that couldn't be. i have seen some of the button stash you have received. more probably the reason you couldn't find the buttons you needed is because they are probably buried under the mountain of new buttons you got.

Oh my goodness I see a couple buttons I could use for a few purses I want to make in that Cigar box...There's a pink one and a greeen one and a sort brown under another and LOL I see a cap from some sort of bottle... Just send me the whole box full will take what I need... T^hank you kindly... I too have a button collection, need to take a picture of it, it's in my quilt room..
    Rosemary

Hearing happens when the ears and the brain team up, but listening happens with the ears of the heart.

I collect Angels and homemade ornaments

Blog Entries
    OH! I love those buttons! I sent my pkg out today & I already PM'd Lori...aren't I a good one? Yes, I am patting my back right now! I have read this whole blog and my pal has not added one word...this is way to much fun to miss..almost more fun than waiting for the postman to get here with a box!!! I left out one little thing and will mail it tomorrow and hope the box gets there first. I want Sharon Anne's shoes and now I want a button collection!!!
    "You must do the thing you think you cannot do"....E. Roosevelt

Sharon
    Yorkville, IL

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by luvstoquilt View Post
    OH! I love those buttons! I sent my pkg out today & I already PM'd Lori...aren't I a good one? Yes, I am patting my back right now! I have read this whole blog and my pal has not added one word...this is way to much fun to miss..almost more fun than waiting for the postman to get here with a box!!! I left out one little thing and will mail it tomorrow and hope the box gets there first. I want Sharon Anne's shoes and now I want a button collection!!!
    I have to agree with you, sending and receiving a package is so much fun and it's nice to see the people who sign up post once in awhile, This is the third person in a row I have had who doesn't post... They are missing the fun..
    Here is part of my button collection...
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Rosemary

Hearing happens when the ears and the brain team up, but listening happens with the ears of the heart.

I collect Angels and homemade ornaments

Page 11 of 44 FirstFirst ... 10 11 12 21 ... LastLast