Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
July Secret Pal Swap Closes June 30th noon CST >

July Secret Pal Swap Closes June 30th noon CST

July Secret Pal Swap Closes June 30th noon CST

Old 07-14-2012, 11:09 AM

Sorry I haven't been around much. Haven't been feeling very good, feet and legs are all swollen up and my back is hurting again. Lots of good packages are being posted! Going back to lay down be back later. Lori
Old 07-14-2012, 11:10 AM
Swap Hosts

Default It SEEMED Like a Good Idea at the Time ...

OFF TOPIC ALERT:
Well, here is an example of what seemed like an excellent idea that (at the moment) has gone horribly wrong.
Last year I waited with great anticipation for my grapes to ripen. The moment arrived ... and so did a ridiculously huge flock of birds. In an hour they were gone.
This year I thought I was ready. The minute I saw a few purple ones I gathered up some lovely blue and purple netting from my stash ... and voila! A gorgeous and colorful bird net to protect my precious grapes!
Some of them were actually shrieking and dive bombing us as we put it up.
Ha ha, birds! You lose!
Or so I thought ...
Today I discovered that the stinkers were going up underneath and feasting away. And much to my horror some are now stuck in there! So I seem to have a lovely bird aviary.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]349004[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails blue-purple-bird-netting.jpg  
Old 07-14-2012, 11:33 AM

OMG KRYSTYNA!!!! I know you must be sooooo annoyed after what happened last year! Unbelievable that went up and under....WOW....so sorry sweetie
Old 07-14-2012, 11:40 AM
Swap Hosts

As soon as I'm sure they're all out ... I have some more netting in green that is going underneath. I WILL HAVE GRAPES THIS YEAR!!! And maybe some sparrows for supper!!!!
They got my blueberries in the front yard ... not all of them but the ones that were ripe on one bush. I went into the house to get a colander to pick some for breakfast and ZIIIIPPP! Gone in two seconds. I don't mind sharing SOME ... but that was just crazy. I now have a purple floater in my front yard. Should have put one over the zucchini seedlings before those darned vine borers got to them. Grrrrr!!!
Old 07-14-2012, 12:07 PM

Originally Posted by Lori Peercy View Post
Sorry I haven't been around much. Haven't been feeling very good, feet and legs are all swollen up and my back is hurting again. Lots of good packages are being posted! Going back to lay down be back later. Lori
Lori, I hope you are feeling better soon.
Old 07-14-2012, 12:07 PM

So happy you liked your package.

Originally Posted by quiltymom View Post
I really want to thank Wanda Lou for thr really great Christmas in July Package she Sent. Everything was in a stocking!!!It had abundle of Christmas fabric another fq,holiday note pad,thread for quilting with, bag of buttons,measuring tape plus a bath boomin vanilla my favorite scent and a bag of snickers minis. Thanks to her fabric I can make more stockings for our troops!!!! Will post pics later when it cools down. Thankyou again Wanda!!! Great Job!!!
Old 07-14-2012, 12:11 PM

Originally Posted by SharonAnne View Post
I mailed my package today via Priority Mail, and here's the tracking number if anyone is interested in investigating to see if it is going to their hometown. 0311 1660 0000 3208 7648. By tomorrow evening it should say the city where it arrived.
It was MEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!! Yippeee.. mailman woke me up from my post vampire sucking slumber with a very wee gentle knock on the door. Went out to my porch and saw my little envelope with my super cute stiletto from Mdall (thanks "Sis", it's perfect) and a bunch of mail I didn't want.. so I looked outside my porch and a little box with zebra print tape closing it was there. I was like.. yep.. that must be it! hahah. I got in my squishy, some wonderful things. And every darned picture taking device I had was dead when my kitties were checking out the box to see if it was theirs.

So.. in my squishy, was a bag of my kittyieseseseses (how do you make that plural possessive?!) favorite kitty treats, my doggy gets some treats too but he hasn't ever had this type but he's a rottweiler and will eat anything so no worries there. A box with a super ginormous ziplock bag. I think maybe she's calling me fat... I dunno.. jk. It'll be good to store a quilt in when it's done. There were 3 beautiful (no I won't share.. MINE!) bundles of jewel tone fabric with great patterns on them. Soo pretty.. *petpetpetpetpet* a little button pin that it looks like she makes herself. A little sampler of potent but beautiful perfume that includes a coupon for it. Might have to get some of that. A salted Nut roll that I am barely resisting in order to tape pics and type this. A book about a cat in trouble. Looks adorable. A package of tissues with sandals (OMG SHOES) (on a side note.... you HAVE to watch this you shoe lovers http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wCF3ywukQYA uhm.. be forewarned, there's some swearing and it starts a little slow but hang with it ) and a little baggy of rubber finger protectors and little bands for bobbins.. YIPPEEEEE.. I wanted those!! and of course, my super amazingly bestest part that was earlier, my Aunt Becky. Crap.. that means I have to actually start learning to quilt now instead of just piecing doesn't it? eeek. Watch out world. And a picture of a place that I thought was probably close to the area I stayed in washington but apparently it's her favorite place to hike. It's pretty.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]349012[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails img_0038.jpg  
Old 07-14-2012, 12:18 PM

Originally Posted by Anastasia View Post

So.. in my squishy, was a bag of my kittyieseseseses (how do you make that plural possessive?!) favorite kitty treats, my doggy gets some treats too but he hasn't ever had this type but he's a rottweiler and will eat anything so no worries there. A box with a super ginormous ziplock bag. I think maybe she's calling me fat... I dunno.. jk. It'll be good to store a quilt in when it's done. There were 3 beautiful (no I won't share.. MINE!) bundles of jewel tone fabric with great patterns on them. Soo pretty.. *petpetpetpetpet* a little button pin that it looks like she makes herself. A little sampler of potent but beautiful perfume that includes a coupon for it. Might have to get some of that. A salted Nut roll that I am barely resisting in order to tape pics and type this. A book about a cat in trouble. Looks adorable. A package of tissues with sandals (OMG SHOES) (on a side note.... you HAVE to watch this you shoe lovers http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wCF3ywukQYA uhm.. be forewarned, there's some swearing and it starts a little slow but hang with it ) and a little baggy of rubber finger protectors and little bands for bobbins.. YIPPEEEEE.. I wanted those!! and of course, my super amazingly bestest part that was earlier, my Aunt Becky. Crap.. that means I have to actually start learning to quilt now instead of just piecing doesn't it? eeek. Watch out world. And a picture of a place that I thought was probably close to the area I stayed in washington but apparently it's her favorite place to hike. It's pretty.
omg i forgot the donut! i'm assuming its a pin cushion but it looks so real i almost gnawed on it. haha.. and sorry, I forgot how MUCH swearing was in that video *blush*
Old 07-14-2012, 12:22 PM

I kind of know what Krystyna feels like. We have waited all year for our lobsterfishing season to start, only to have it backfire in our faces. The lobster prices are so low ( $1.50 lb ) that the boats are all tied up(except for a few strike breakers). There have been days we couldn't even sell them. We need those lobsters sold to get us thru the winter months. The spring lobsters didn't trap very well, so both the spring lobsters and summer lobsters have all shed and shed extremely early. I have never seen so many lobsters. We are waiting for a couple of processing plants to reopen, that may help. I had a bright idea, we would fish a few traps to get some to eat. No way is what I was told! If the other fishermen see us hauling any traps, they will think we are breaking the tie up or strike. Sometimes it can get dirty. I guess in some areas they have threatened to cut off traps and who knows what might happen to boats. So the lobsters win! They will shed and move back off shore. Guess what my SP is getting! lol ,(NOT), I just remembered I can't haul traps for any reason, so if I can't eat them, then guess sp won't be getting any either, lol. Of course, when we sell again for a cheap price I could eat them, but the bills have to be paid some how. Sorry for venting about my troubles. Things will get better, I hope!
Old 07-14-2012, 12:48 PM

Originally Posted by Krystyna View Post
As soon as I'm sure they're all out ... I have some more netting in green that is going underneath. I WILL HAVE GRAPES THIS YEAR!!! And maybe some sparrows for supper!!!!
They got my blueberries in the front yard ... not all of them but the ones that were ripe on one bush. I went into the house to get a colander to pick some for breakfast and ZIIIIPPP! Gone in two seconds. I don't mind sharing SOME ... but that was just crazy. I now have a purple floater in my front yard. Should have put one over the zucchini seedlings before those darned vine borers got to them. Grrrrr!!!
You're not alone K, they got my cherry tomatoes right off the vine!