Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
July Secret Pal Swap Closes June 30th noon CST >

July Secret Pal Swap Closes June 30th noon CST

July Secret Pal Swap Closes June 30th noon CST

Old 07-14-2012, 01:02 PM

Ooo...dang, TOOMANYUFO's, I would loves me some cheap lobster. lol

Krystyna, I feel your pain. They eat our cherries off the trees, grapes off the bush and I need to get out and pick the josta berries and goose berries. We did stop feeding the birds when the MIL went elsewhere, sorry birdies, go some place else and EAT. Dang Bluejays, they scare off all the pretty little birds anyway.

Lori, hope you feel better!

Great packages all!! I'm waiting for mine too, but I was late this month, so I can't complain since i just sent mine out as well.
Old 07-14-2012, 01:30 PM

Originally Posted by Lori Peercy View Post
Sorry I haven't been around much. Haven't been feeling very good, feet and legs are all swollen up and my back is hurting again. Lots of good packages are being posted! Going back to lay down be back later. Lori
I hope you'll feel better soon!!! Miss seeing you on here!!!!
Old 07-14-2012, 01:55 PM

We ended up staying @ DD's longer than we had planned, so I have been playing "catch-up" both at work and at home for a few days. Now DH, who I swear is a borderline hoarder, is away until Sunday evening, so I have been a whirling dirvish, trying to get some things cleaned out, bagged up and dropped at the thrift store or trash, as appropriate! Unfortunately, that means that I didn't even take a picture of the fabulous package I received, but set about putting things away before they got mixed in with the piles of "stuff" I was making.

My SP was Rosemary, aka Ladybug 1936, and she really put together a lovely package. She sent me a couple of mysteries, which I've just started reading the last couple of years, some quilting magazines, a nice hot pad made from Florida Semiloes fabric, fabrics with chickens on it, kitchen towels, a note pad, toys for Six (my cat, who has six toes on all of his feet), a really cool little tote that is kind of a tiny ball until you open it up, as well as a postcard, map, and tour guide from Panama City (I love getting something from the sender's area). Oh, and some Soft and Black batting, which I haven't used before. Rosemary really took the time to include things she knew I would enjoy.

Thank you, Rosemary, for being such a generous and thoughtful SP!

Peaceandjoy,
Robin
Old 07-14-2012, 03:36 PM

Originally Posted by mooretll View Post
some very nice packages. Sorrry i have been missing in action but my sil had a double transplant on Thursday so i have been busy with that. My sp went out in todays mail should be delivered on tues or wens.
Oh I really hope your sil is doing better. Can you give me her first name so I can add her to my prayer list. Thx
Old 07-14-2012, 03:55 PM

I arrived home today to find my package awaiting me. Boy does Lynn know how to fill a box. I didn't think there was a bottom to it. lol What great things she included and the neatest pin cushion, wish I could post a pic! Thank you Lynn, (sewbeadit)for all the wonderful items. Cathy
Old 07-14-2012, 03:56 PM

Yes, there are some wonderful packages posted so far - I know there are more coming because I haven't gotten mine yet. I did get a package from Nancy's Notions today, but it was a replacement piece for a misguided order earlier this month. i was hoping, but the anticipation is building and Monday is just 2 days away!!!! Tomorrow, hubby needs to go to hobby shop for his model railroads, so I'm going to Joann's while there is a big sale - will be buying lots of sale stuff for next month's SP so be sure to fill out your paperwork so I know what to send if it's you!
Old 07-14-2012, 04:08 PM

I hear ya all on the BIRDS!! Darn critters, they were getting my sugar snap peas and going for my fall gold raspberries. Until my son's dog (she loves to pick veggies and fruit with me) noticed those birds were closing in on her feast, now she lays by the door and watches the yard. LOL any sign of birdies and she is out the door in a flash, barking and carrying on LOL!! We got a huge bowl of raspberries this evening along with quite a few of peas. Good dog!
Old 07-14-2012, 04:15 PM

too funny IDQ about your dog...yes, good dog! and enjoy your raspberries....the ones here in the stores have been mush!!
Old 07-14-2012, 04:38 PM

Lori, I hope you are feeling better soon!!

Krystyna, Sounds like you need some serious netting for those blueberries and grapes. I'm sorry the birds got your fruit.
That is why mine come in containers or plastic bags. LOL
Old 07-14-2012, 06:34 PM

Some of you are not sending me the pm when you mail and when you receive. To all the new people out there DON'T forget to send me a private message when you get it and also send one to the person who sent it to you! I have had several people tell me that their sp has received their package but they have not heard anything from them. This is just one that I received and I think it expresses how people feel when you do not acknowledge the thought and time and expense that goes into putting a gift together for someone.

I sent my pkg out on Monday SP got it on Wednesday and still haven't heard anything from her... Sorry but that is really unfair... That's almost all I have had, NO SHOWS... know it's not your fault, it's the luck of the draw, but still I hate to spend $11 on postage and more then that on a package, not counting other things I make and put in there... Unappreciative people... Sorry for sounding off...